“Wonderful Stay @ Summer Blue”

Summer Blue Guest House
Ranked #13 of 43 Summerstrand B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 March 2014

What a wonderful experience we had at Summer Blue, beautiful place excellent service the staff and owners were friendly and made sure we enjoy every moment of our stay there.

My husband and I we were very happy and impressed will sure visit again.

Thank You so much Summer Blue you guys are the BEST!

Regards,
Lisa Gumede

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 March 2014

What a wonderful experience we had when we visited PE and we stayed at Summerblue.I must say I was quite impressed with every minute of my stay.From the time we got to Summerblue,the friendly manner we were welcomed,and the way you ensured that we have everything we need,assisting us in planning our daily activities and attractions to visit.It's really more than what one would have asked for and we really appreciate your hospitality and the cleanliness of the environment is really appreciated.
Overall I would say I was really impressed not only with your place,but the overall experience in PE and how clean and refreshing it is,impressive.

Keep it up,we will definitely come back to Summerblue in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I have been staying at Summerblue Guesthouse for the past 6 years whenever I frequent Port Elizabeth. It really has become my home away from home. The friendly homely atmosphere makes me return. Baubie and her team are the best and Summerblue is the BEST place to stay when you are in PE!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 8 March 2014

It was my first time in PE and the weather was fabulous. Summer Blue was a haven.though slightly far from downtown PE, it is embedded in a summer strand residential therefore is quiet. The hosts are awesome and were never in our way. nice chats in the morning during breakfast. Im a morning person and would have loved to enjoy some fitness exercise but I solved this by jogging to the beach.A little gym would have helped too mostly coz the pool is small size.My next visit in PE I shall stay at Summer Blue.

Room Tip: I preferred the rooms closer and facing the pool.the nearby garden was also awesome.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Summer Blue my home away from home, having just moved to PE for the 1st time we were received with a WARM welcome at the guest house. And from the 1st day we were told about the nice places to visit in PE and the most reliable cab company to use whenever you want to go somewhere. Every morning we woke up to the freshest breakfast and on hot days jumped right into the lovely pool for a swim. We were given a detailed map of PE and since then I have not gotten lost in this friendly city. We were originally booked to stay there for two weeks but since we felt so at home we extended our stay for another 3 weeks and every single day we came back to a lovely fresh and neat room. If I could I would have loved to stay there for the whole year while I pursue my studies in PE. Baubie and Theressa thank you so much for the lovely time me and my best friend had at Summer Blue, even the staff were so kind and greeted us with smiles on their faces every single day. It was a good 5 weeks!!!! If you are on holiday or business in Port Elizabeth please visit Summer Blue Guest house for the great hospitality :)

Room Tip: You can always ask for a room suitable for your needs
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The ups: very friendly hosts, very good breakfasts and spotlessly clean.
The downs: No aircon just a rickety, noisy ceiling fan that looks as though it's about to fall. Fortunately it was not too hot during our stay, so we survived.
One shampoo sachet shared between two for two days as well as no spare loo paper which was quite inconvenient when required in the middle of the night. Spare loo rolls are not supplied as guests apparently steal them !!!
Cats !!! Cant stand them and should have been warned when booking.
Shower had no nozzle so we showered basically under a tap. Had a nozzle fitted for the next day but then water pressure was very poor.
Bar fridge totally empty - not even water to drink.
Overall perhaps a bit disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We returned to Baubie's fabulous guesthouse in Port Elizabeth and this time it was December and it really was summer at Summer Blue. We got a much better look at the sea and the lovely buildings along the coast than we ever had before because our driver got completely lost. What was Baubie's response when we called to ask directions? They would come out and track us down and lead us back! Typical kindness. In fact we did find our way eventually and there was the usual warmest of welcomes from Baubie, her family and cats. We were exhausted after the very lengthy drive but she quickly took control of the bags, getting the driver to wipe down the suitcases which had got covered in dust in his trailer, booking us into an even better restaurant than last year for dinner and taking our order for an early breakfast. She is so organised and good-natured and along with her charming staff makes sure the whole place runs like clockwork. One of my daughters is vegetarian and there were all sorts of wonderful special things arranged for her for breakfast. The other's handle had broken on her suitcase. Before you knew it the man driving us to the airport the next day had been instructed to mend the handle and carry all the luggage for us, Baubie had got up early to see us off, and after a very good sleep in her nice, bright, incredibly clean guest rooms along by the pool and a wonderful hot shower we were on our way. Far too quickly. Next time it will be nice to stay a bit longer.

Room Tip: I think they are all spotless.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerstrand
Beachwalk Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 231 in Port Elizabeth
Ahoy Boutique Hotel
Ahoy Boutique Hotel
#17 of 231 in Port Elizabeth

Been to Summer Blue Guest House? Share your experiences!