“Bliss”

Isango Gate Boutique Hotel and Spa
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Summerstrand
Reviewed 14 January 2013

My partner and I went for a back massage at the Isango Gate Spa - couples special for January and were really impressed with the warm and hospitable welcome we received and with the actual massage, my partner fell asleep as was so relaxed. Thereafter had a fabulous meal at their resturant. the meal was tasty and well presented. Would recommend the overall service as being top notch and will be going back again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 November 2012

We rented the presidential suite and did feel like heads of states! Wao... It is amazing what money can buy. Our stay was pleasant and the staff were definitely up to the challenge of matching such a level of luxury!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I spent a good 4 days with my wife at this hotel in August 2012. The hotel itself is something form a fairy tale book. Very clean and classy. A 5 minute stroll to the beach. In a safe and quite neighborhood.

It has a the 5 star whistles and bells; massage, gym, swimming pool and a nice relaxing place by the pool to absorb all those sun rays for a perfect South African tan. Even thou the hotel has gym facilities, I found it both relaxing and exciting going for a jog on the beach in the morning.

The staff is very helpful and professional. We experienced nothing less that a pampering. The evidence of staff drilling to perfection is in every shift.The cuisine was great, except it was all western, I'd kill for a traditional dish. The continental breakfast is free, which is great. The dinning area is just beyond beautiful. Across the dinning area is a bar.

The bedroom is nice and cosy, fully fitted with aircon, bar fridge with all sorts of refreshments, a safe---gee! the list goes on and on...I dare you to complain.

Room Tip: There are garden and sea facing rooms...obviously the sea facing would be a bit pricey however I the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hamonic
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This is really a top class establishment, every little detail has been incorporated into the design and the service. I really enjoyed the attention and service, best place to stay in Port Elizabeth.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank liyabee
Reviewed 26 January 2012

The last 2 nights of our South Africa trip were spent in Port Elizabeth. We wanted somewhere to relax after our busy 2 days on safari.
I found Isango Gate on Booking.com but I could not book rooms. I emailed the hotel and there was availability. I had to do a money transfer to secure the room, it would have been much easier to pay by credit card.
I was slightly nervous about staying at Isango Gate as there were no reviews on Trip Advisor.
The hotel was very easy to find and it is about a two minute walk from the beach.
Check in was very friendly and we were shown to our large room which had a huge bed, large bathroom, nice balcony.
My wife booked a massage that she said was great value.
The pool was not in operation during our stay and the wifi was hit and miss. The issues with the wifi was not a big problem when on holidays but it would be a problem for business travellers.
Breakfast was delivered to the room both mornings at no extra cost. The cooked breakfast arrived about 15 minutes after the fruit, breads and cold meat, excellent service. Try the power smoothie, espresso with peanut butter!!!
The staff are a credit to this hotel, nothing was a problem, whether it be recommending and booking restaurants or preparing night caps!!
The hotel is about 20 minute walk from the Boardwalk Complex, a nice stroll before dinner.
Overall Isango Gate is certainly worth its 5 star status. The service level is up there with any boutique hotel I have ever stayed in. Book it and relax!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Ger H
Reviewed 30 December 2011

This hotel is amazing and on a par with boutique hotels in UK. We stayed for 7 nights over the Christmas period and had star treatment from all of the staff. The pool is great, the rooms beautifully styled,with great touches such as lovely toiletries, chocolate, great wines and cocktails and good selection of teas. The location is great as well,just a stone's throw from the beach and walking distance of a supermarket.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lynne H
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Having needed a much deserved break we decided to holiday in PE. After carefully selecting a hotel from the various sites we chose Isango Gate in Summerstrand. WOW our initial welcome to this lovely modern hotel was amazing. We were shown our lovely rooms by reception and the children were taken to the deck area where a milkshake was made for them. What a treat! The rooms were spacious and airy, the staff great and the food delicious. I was really impressed with the way the staff designed a special menu for my children. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to just be spoilt.

Room Tip: I would suggest room 3 as it has the most amazing bathroom.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank trevor k
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerstrand
Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth
#8 of 33 in Port Elizabeth
Sir Roys At The Sea
Sir Roys At The Sea
#6 of 33 in Port Elizabeth

Been to Isango Gate Boutique Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!