“Good service ,awful food.”

The Coachman Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Summerstrand
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The decor blue and white and waitresses in long cocktail dresses.The feeling of being on a cruise ship with its huge dinning room.
The waitress who served us was excellent,good knowledge of the wines and its extensive menu.
I asked why the calamari was imported.She replied all the fish they served was frozen.
We were over looking the ocean with the docks ten min drive away.Oh only flash frozen she said.
The presentation of our starters was like going back in time to the eighties lots of cheap lettuce and tomato garnish.
My main,the Dorado special was honestly one of the worst meals I've had during the five years of living in SA.
The fish was dry,the prawns in the centre of the stack were dry and still had tails on,because you didn't see them before you put them in your mouth you got that crunch.The pesto sauce was tasteless.
I ate the vegetables.
My husband had the fish plater for one.The cray fish were so salty you couldn't eat them and his fish very under cooked,complete opposite to mine.Very pricey for what it was.
Our fifteen year old son had the surf and turf.He said the worst he'd ever tasted smothered in a thick heavy cheese sauce.
The waitress asked why I hadn't eaten my meal and I explained ,she said she would tell the kitchen.
When she returned with the bill she explained she had told the kitchen and the owner who was talking to friends a few tables away.
There was no apology only from the waitress and we were charged the full amount.
We had eaten the previous night at Ginger just along the road which was excellent and a similar price.
My husband is here regularly on business and we had joined him for the school holiday.
We won't be returning instead we will go to Ginger and restaurants of a high standard.

1  Thank Domby2013

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were staying a Brooke's Hill for a week in February and had been recommended to eat here. The food was great and plentiful the wine list comprehensive. Good value all round. The Grecian Goddesses who served us were an eye catching edition, but didn't distract too much from the food. It was a convenient place for us to walk to and eat and drink [no driving] so we went there twice in the week

1  Thank charliepd
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Upmarket but friendly, there was nothing to complain about. Gorgeous views from the balcony. Well-dressed, well trained staff.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I must say the service we received from the Coachman was excellent, the staff was friendly and the venue is just right as it caters for couples as well as for big families. What we liked about the retaurant is that you can sit on the deck and have a view of the ocean. The food was fantastic and it is most definately a place to go to.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The Coachman has wonderful food great atmosphere and good service. We always go there for special occasions.