I have been traveling to Port Elizabeth for many years and normally stayed at the City Lodge Beach Road. I guess for a chain hotel group it is probably the standard to offer. The hotel is about 10 minutes away from Port Elizabeth air port. The rooms are average with a very peculiar color scheme ( see photo attached ) It is close to most restaurants but all of them close at 10 pm. Room service is available from some of the restaurants in the area, but all orders need to be placed before 930 pm I am told. The hotel is situated on the beach front with a casino in walking distance from the hotel. During the renovations of the casino complex, no shuttle service will be available. The breakfast is good, but expensive. You will have more value for money having breakfast elsewhere. A new hotel has opened next to the city lodge and will definately be my next choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel has a swimming pool for those hot summer days as well as a fitness room and a small meeting room for guest use. It is across the road from Humewood Beach, within walking distance of many restaurants, 500m from the Oceanarium and Boardwalk casino and entertainment area. The hotel is 8 minutes from Port Elizabeth’s CBD and 10 minutes from the Port Elizabeth Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your City Lodge Hotel Port Elizabeth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Lodge Port Elizabeth Hotel Port Elizabeth
- City Hotel Port Elizabeth
- City Lodge Hotel Port Elizabeth Summerstrand