Hotel Location: Excellent, right on the door step by the beach and just a little away from the bustling side of the pier. Views from the rooms are great, beautiful sunrise and sunset.
Hotel Facilities: Excellent, what you see on the website is what they have and the pictures match the reality of it.
Hotel Rooms: Excellent, neat, clean, spotless, lovely white bedding
Hotel Conference: I used the chart room, a lovely room for a group of 10 and under, had everything that we needed.
Reservation - The reservation manager Clyde Edwards is truly a gem at the hotel, he goes the extra mile to get you what you want, a rarity in the hotel industry these days. He made sure everything was as we wanted.
Conference - The staff here will see to all your needs, making you feel as if you a CEO of a big corporate, Mr Elvis is truly passionate about his work as well as the ladies with him.
Housekeeping - They were great, provided the extra bedding needed for me and gave a cot to my friend's room.
Reception - I'm sorry about this but I have to be honest, I felt the ladies at reception were a bit unfriendly, they don't smile when you walk up to the desk and somewhat reluctant to attend to your request.
I stayed at the hotel with lots of family and we had lots of kids with us. The kids were so enjoying themselves and they felt so at home at this hotel with the general staff always cool about them running around and teasing them here and there. They really had a blast of a time.
Thank you Protea hotel for the amazing coolness of your staff and being so relaxed with your guest. A must return for us.
Regards, Mohammed Matvad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Port Elizabeth Marine - Adding value, always. Among the superior beachfront hotels in Port Elizabeth, the 4-Star Protea Hotel Marine is unparalleled. Overlooking the sun-drenched sands of Pollock Beach, with sweeping views of Algoa Bay, this hotel, in the heart of the Friendly City, is renowned for its quality facilities, personal service and luxurious atmosphere. From the moment you enter the Protea Hotel Marine, you know you are in an exceptional establishment. The large reception area is elegantly decorated, offering the first taste of a stay that promises an unforgettable experience in comfort and style. Ideal for holidaymakers, families and executives alike, the 4-Star Protea Hotel by Marriott Port Elizabeth Marine offers luxurious accommodation in a range of comfortable en-suite rooms that boast spectacular sea views. Delicious meals can be enjoyed in the hotel restaurant and there are excellent conference facilities which can cater for 10 - 90 delegates. A secluded roof top splash pool for hot summer days overlooking the ocean, ideal for adults and kids to enjoy. The Protea Hotel by Marriott Port Elizabeth Marine is situated within walking distance of safe, sandy beaches, various swimming pools, a casino and entertainment complex, not to mention the Museum and Snake Park, and various sporting facilities, including golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Protea Hotel by Marriott Port Elizabeth Marine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Port Elizabeth
- Protea Hotel By Marriott Port Elizabeth Marine Summerstrand