“An enjoyable stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Summerstrand
5th Avenue Beach House
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Summerstrand
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I recently stayed at the Fifth Avenue guesthouse and found it be an enjoyable stay. The room was spacious and clean (some dust on the furniture though).

There was one day where the bathroom was without soap etc. I do not thing this happens often though.

Breakfast is of an high quality.

Anthea and her team is extremely friendly. I will visit again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank blroe

Reviewed 2 January 2012

My daughters and I stayed here 2 years ago as a starting and ending point of our 2 week trip to and from Cape Town. We couldn't have chosen a lovelier spot as our room was spacious and comfortable. Anthea and her husband were so gracious and went out of their way to accommodate our needs from securing a ride from the airport late at night, renting a car for our trip and waking up to those wonderful breakfast's !I still have the picture of my girls with Anthea's little dog posted on my fridge. If I am ever fortunate enough to return to that beautiful country, I will would certainly stay at this place again...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rwhammons
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a month while doing voluntary work in a Port Elizabeth township. It was wonderful to come home after a hard day to Anthea's (owner) hospitality and personal service. Large, comfortable and spotless room with all amenities, huge bathroom with shower and bath, terrace outside the door overlooking the pool, big breakfast cooked to order and for four nights a week home cooked food in the restaurant, excellent inexpensive laundry service.
There is an 'honour' bar and many comfortable places to sit inside and out.
You are made to feel very much at home in this relaxed but stylish hotel. Located in the very smart and safe area of Summerstrand with beaches 5 minutes away.
Excellent room rates for what you get and difficult to fault.

Room Tip: For the small amount extra to pay choose a superior room. They tend to be bigger and better located...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank janarie
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Just returned from PE for a wedding staying at the Beach House for most of the 2 weeks. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, sorting out my internet, arranging trips and ensuring that my SA experience was as good as possible. My room was very comfortable, I enjoyed the meals and swimming in the pool to the amusement of everyone - it being early in the season. Thank you to staff and fellow guests for making my stay something to remember. I would recommend the Beach House to anyone who wants 'home from home' in SA.

Room Tip: Mine was on the balcony with outside sitting area and lovely view of the pool. The stairs might p...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 December 2009

We stayed at 5th Ave Beach House overnight before setting off down the Garden Route. The rooms are really nicely situated around a courtyard swimming pool and are nicely decorated with great bathrooms. The owner and staff are really helpful and friendly and recommended a great restaurant across the road (De Kelders) and a fab route out of town along the coast. Breakfast was great, the location felt safe and was easy to find and it was excellent value for money.
The only slight downside was that our room was next to the entrance gate and was a little noisy, but other rooms are probably much quieter.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2009

My partner and I stayed at the Beach House for five nights as we were doing a product show at the well-appointed lapa next to the swimming pool. This is our second stay - and Anthea, Mush, Liesl, Josephine and Theresa made it a good experience once again - even with the building taking place next to the parking. The room was newly renovated, and the fridge and simple food preparation area made making sandwiches and snacks really easy. The location is excellent - easy distance to the promenade along the coast. De Kelder restaurant round the corner was a delight on one evening. For the rest we escaped to our room after a long day seeing clients at the lapa.

Only downside was that we couldn't connect to the wifi internet using our Macs and had to use 3G instead.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank mushilele
Reviewed 2 November 2008

We spent 1 night here transitioning from the Garden Route. It is right across the beach from the Indian Ocean. We stayed in a new renovated room which was large , clean and well appointed. The bathroom was newly renovated and large as well. Make sure that you request a new renovated room since the oild ones are not nearly as nice. The pool area is very inviting.You are a walk to the Indian Ocean beaches. Staff though sparse are very accommodating. A good bet

Stayed: October 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerstrand
Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth
Sir Roys At The Sea
Sir Roys At The Sea
#6 of 33 in Port Elizabeth
Isango Gate Boutique Hotel and Spa

Been to 5th Avenue Beach House? Share your experiences!