“A warm home”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Summerstrand
5th Avenue Beach House
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Summerstrand
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Location is the best in Port Elizabeth as I see. It's recommended by my colleagues. I understood why. Very very warm people and so wonderful place to listen to your mind and soul. Wish I'll be back with my family next time. Especially, thanks to whom clean and put the things in order in my room.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My 2 friends and I stayed here for just 1 night whilst on a tour down the coast. The hostel owner was very welcoming and helpful, showing us where to go for dinner and arranging for us to be escorted safely back again. The room was clean and comfortable and the bath and shower facilities were lovely. Would have been nice to have wifi facilities other than that everything was great. Would recommend!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SuzyMax94
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Over the last few of years I've traveled to the P.E. area for business over a 15-16 times all for extended stays. I can not even begin to think of staying anywhere else but the 5th Ave. Beach House. Anthea, Mush and the entire staff are truly amazing. The food is top shelf, and I've stayed in nearly every room, all of which are very, very nice and comfortable. I rarely write reviews on anything, but I can not help myself in wanting to share this South African Gem with everyone. It's a must stay if your in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank APerry2014
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We loved staying at 5th Avenue Beach House. All the staff went out of their way to make it a pleasant stay. They organised 2 tours for us which were fantastic & the location is a 2 minute walk to a local surf break.
Breakfast was amazing, fresh & there was heaps of variety.
We would highly recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cheryl P
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Long stay. The lady who runs the place is a soft-spoken and nice lady. Sad she did not speak up, when her husband who never greeted me until one moment he shouted at me wildly in the streets in front of people and threatened me. Just because a chair broke under me, I did not get hurt luckily, but he was angry I told the staff and not me. Staff was so amazingly friendly and nice, warm people. The facilities are great, and pool nice. But unfortunately, have to give a very poor review when I get treated like that as a reliant paying customer. So it is not the staff I rate as poor service, but the treatment of the owner

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank nomad_from_the_north
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stayed here for one week with a group of university faculty. Our 2nd floor room was spacious and nicely appointed, including a refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom had a shower and tub, and the toiletries even included insect repellent! The balcony was nice for sitting and reading. Breakfast was very good with some cooked-to-order items. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Athena was a very personable host and most helpful in answering my many questions. The location couldn't be better -- only a block away from the beach! And it is only a few blocks away from Boardwalk casino/shopping area and some nice dining. I highly recommend this property and hope I will be able to return some day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I have been coming to 5th Avenue Beach House for >15 years. This has become my home from home in PE. The friendly and efficient service is unsurpassed and the rooms are fantastic with great showers. You soon become part of the family and nothing is to much hassle for Anthea and her team.

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with room 6.