“Excellent Holliday Accomodation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Summerstrand
Margate Place Guest House
Ranked #11 of 43 Summerstrand B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I really enjoyed being at Margate Place Guest House in P.E. My room was well appointed and very cosy. The staff was always friendly and nice. I felt like being at home. The beach, restaurants, the supermarket and the "Boardwalk" were a 5 to 10 min. walk away. The airport, and the centre of the town could be easily reached by taxi in 10 min.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We had a fantastic time at Margate. The staff was very friendly, the breakfast was awesome, and the room was clean and cosy! The beach and malls are all within walking distance in the safe neighborhood.
If ever we are back in PE....we will definitely stay there and we'd recommend it to anyone :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Good accommodation as described.
Good position for walking along the boardwalk in both directions.
Walking distance of a variety of places to eat.
Satisfied as the accommodation was as expected for the price paid.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor at our request as we are no longer young. It was very hot when we staye...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2014

A BIG thank you to Alex, Susan and staff.

It was a "service" experience we have never had before, from the time we started to enquire to the booking out! Nothing was ever too much trouble.

Alex you made us feel like family with your warm heart, smile and conversation. Susan, you constantly ensured our rooms were taken care of and even helping us to book a last minute, one night Christmas Day accommodation for my precious brother and family all the way from C.T. The staff, thank you that you made us believe again that there are people you can trust in this world. Leaving valuables lying around all day only to get back and discover IT'S ALL STILL THERE!..., unlike Jhb!

My husband and I have decided for our future short breaks when we go to PE, we will go back to Margate Place and just by the way,..Guest Room No 2 is OURS!

With lots of love and appreciation!
Gary & Chantal Colling
Jhb.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Thankyou to Cornell, Alex, Susan and other staff. From the first telephone call to every email that ensued, you guys were tops. We arrived at 18h30 in a rather dark and rainy PE after travelling for 8 hours from the Eastern Cape Wild-Coast of Zithulele, Coffee Bay and surrounds. A little bit weary and tired after our long trip our spirits were lifted the moment we set foot at Margate Place being welcomed by the warmheartedness and total professionalism of Susan. our accommodation offered everything and more than we could have hoped for,it is excellence personified. Back in my hometown - Cape Town and cannot stop talking about Margate Place. Thankyou team Margate Place you have become my destination of choice whenever I am to visit PE again. Mille grazie!!

Room Tip: We were three colleagues each in different rooms on different sides of the establishment, all of us...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I have been a regular guest at margate place since my son started university in PE a few years ago. The personal service of everyone, Cornell, Alex, Susan and the other ladies makes you feel certain that you will be excellently catered for. I have referred a number of people to Margate house and they have been excellently looked after. The ambience of the guest house, from the rooms, the breakfast room to the grounds always make me feel thoroughly rested even when its just an overnight stay.
I recently tried another guest house in PE and my not so nice experience there proves my point that if it aint broken dont fix it. Margate place it has been for me and Margate place it will be when in PE

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Margate_Place, Manager at Margate Place Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear Bolu,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!

We are so pleased to hear that your stays with us have been pleasant, and it is always a pleasure to have you (and sometimes your son) with us.

We look forward to hosting you again soon in the Friendly City soon!

Kind Regards,
Alex, Cornell & the Margate Place team

Reviewed 22 May 2013

My family and I were exetrmely happy with the accomodation provided by Margate Place. The facilities, neatness and staff made the stay pleasant and comfortable for us. Closely situated to a mall, the beaches, casino, etc. it is extremely ideal for an enjoyable stay. My family and i agrre that Margate Place will always be the benchmark for any other accomodation options in beautiful Summerstrand, PE.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerstrand
Radisson Blu Hotel, Port Elizabeth
#1 of 13 in Summerstrand
Treetops Guesthouse
Treetops Guesthouse
#2 of 231 in Port Elizabeth

Been to Margate Place Guest House? Share your experiences!