“Excellent, Cohesive Staff Makes for a Great Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel

BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Haven
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent, Cohesive Staff Makes for a Great Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

Road warriors know that travel set backs sometimes happen, and when they do, they can decimate even the best made plans. Exhaustion and irritability are common side effects. I found the cure for the low-down, broke-down plans, no good, road warrior blues. Stay at the North Haven Holiday Inn. Your entire experience from Shuttle, to Front Desk, to encounters with Room Fairies (aka Housekeeping), and even Maintenance, will make you feel so good that you will miraculously recover. This staff gets 5+ stars for hospitality and team work.

The 4 stars is more about the overall condition of the property, I think a few minor cosmetic tweaks would bring this establishment up to the caliber of it's staff.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Upstate NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

Fell short of my expectations for a hotel of it's price on many levels. Hallway rugs are dirty and dingy. Only 1 set of elevators - will either have a long walk to your room, or will have to drag your luggage up a flight of stairs. Train is loud in the morning. Walls are paper thin...you hear EVERYTHING (although I will say the couple in the room next door seemed to be enjoying their stay). Non smoking room smelled like stale smoke.

Beds were comfortable, and bathroom was updated. Didn't use the pool, but it looked nice. Not enough to make me want to return though.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank nytraveler78
HINHManager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Dear nytraveler78,

I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. If you would like to call and discuss your stay with me please call me at 203-654-4175. I feel bad as my personal cell is in the elevator you took and I would have appreciated the opportunity to make your stay better.

Unfortunately, we do have to take the pool out of service from time to time for maintenance repairs. I apologize that you did nto get to enjoy the pool.

Please know that when travelling a guest may call the front desk ahead of time and request a room in a certain area or near the lobby for easier access and we do our best to honor these requests.

Again I appreciate feedback as this make my team stronger and please call me.

Washington DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

A continued very good report card for this property. The late afternoon check in buy two delightful young ladies started the stay with excellent greeting skills and free water bottle as a PC member. The room was fine and comfortable. Very early Sunday morning breakfast service was great - terrific waitress and tastey food served quickly with free coffee to go.
I will stay here again. Location for my family and buisness doings is perfect. Easy on and off I 91 and CT 15.
Very good all around staff, comfortable, safe and good value. You can't beat it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HINHManager, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Dear Cmdr; Thank you for a great report card! I see you have stayed here three times so I appreciate that as I know you have a choice as a traveller and you choose to stay with us!

I am glad you appreciate being recognized as a guest who stays with Holiday Inns frequently with a cold bottle of water and that breakfast hit the spot.

We look forward to you staying again!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

Great for my business close to New Haven and Hartford . The staff are always friendly and helpful. They now have a reception at night on Tuesday.

The bar has specials for food and drink and when doing business locally they have a free shuttle and pick me up.

I get a twix or snickrs at check in...very thoughtful. I don't stay over on fridays but would like to check out this feast at five!

• Stayed September 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HINHManager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel, responded to this review, 30 September 2011
Dear LEVECT,

Thank you for sharing with Tripadvisor readers that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn North Haven. The staff and I take pride in the service we provide.

Funny you have the tagline "Location Location Location" as that is one of the first things I recall from college in Hospitality Management. But I agree we are right off rte 91 and only a few exits from rte 95.

On Tuesday evenings we are having a Priority Club welcoming to say thank you to our loyal guests. It is a good opportunity for me to put a face with a name. When you return to our hotel please introduce yourself.

The Feast at Five on Fridays can be dangerous as it is hard to walk by as an employee and not sample the great food at Harrys!

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Preston, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

We are staying at a hotel now which I will not mention but it made me think of our recent stay at the Holiday Inn.

Went with my girlfriend to attend a wedding. The building is older; but you tend to overlook that here because the staff are great! We were able to check in early which was nice as she got ready for the wedding--we got a gift bag of treats. The person at the front desk was smilng and joking around.

I went to happy hour and the bartenders were very nice ad friendly. They have a shuttle that took us to the reception so we didnt have to worry about drinking partying an driving. Had a good time

Breakfast was great and we hit the pool the next day. My gf even wanted pictures in a courtyard.

Overall this hotel made the wedding that much more. Was alot of fun! When she is happy I am happy...lol

Room Tip: The groom had a suit whic was much larger than our room--very nice and big.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HINHManager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Dear Gary H,

I am glad you were able to attend a friend's wedding and enjoyed your stay with us. We do give welcome bags for wedding guests and the convenience of the shuttle is appreciated by guests as one less worry.

The courtyard is beautiful in the Spring/Summer and Fall for pictures. I am happy you were able to capture some memories.

I am glad she is happy and therefore you are happy! Hope to see you again!

North Branford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

We stayed at Holiday Inn when we had to evacuate our house after hurricane Irene. I kept extending my stay day by day until it was OK to return to our home. The staff were so nice and empathized with me over my predictament. They went out of their way to make things as easy and comfortable for me as possible. We really needed some compassion and will be forever grateful to Holiday Inn, North Haven.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Dear twoColins,

I am sorry you had to evacuate from your home. It was a scarey time for many and for the employees being away from their home and families. I thank you for acknowledging the employees that were able to stay and make guests feel safe and welcoming.

It was a busy few weeks trying to help those we could. I hope your home did not have damage. And stop in and see us again!

Chilliwack, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

Great stay for business travellers. Great staff, free wifi, even complimentary bottles of waters and snacks. May sound trivial but these small things tell me that they understand the business traveller. Restaurant/Bar attached to the hotel was good too. I will stay there again and again.

Room Tip: Ask for the courtyard side room.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Jpc1974, thank you for the great feedback; also enjoyable as a Manager to share such great comments with my staff.

I agree it is the small things that make people know you care. We do try to install in all of the staff that philosophy to treat guests as guests in your home.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Haven
#3 of 3 in Hamden
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale
Courtyard New Haven Wallingford
Courtyard New Haven at Yale

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel? Share your experiences!