“THE BEST!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Words cannot express how wonderful this restaurant is! We were in town for a very large softball tournament. We stopped by first for lunch - three families, arriving at different times. Not only did the staff accommodate us and our separate orders, but they did so with a smile.

After a long day at the field, we wanted to get the girls dinner. Since we had such an amazing lunch, we decided we would stop by again for dinner. We arrived with multiple parents and siblings and 10 dirty, cleat wearing ball players. We were greeted at the door with a smile. In five minutes, we were all seated comfortably with our orders being taken right away. The food was fantastic; the kitchen even made accommodated special requests. Our check was easily worked out so that each family paid their own way. Out server, Mirela J, was by far the best server I've ever had.

On our way out the girls visited the patio where there was a wonderful singer/guitarist who played and included the team in dining and dancing to many songs including a "Sweet Caroline" sing along. To top it all off, we as parents were thanking and apologizing to the other restaurant goers for the noise level - instead of being annoyed, the patrons of the restaurant cheered and clapped for the team.

I will make a point of visiting again when ever I'm in the area; I would suggest you do, too. Not only was the food great and the atmosphere outstanding, but they went out of their way to help make memories for our players and families.

1  Thank GinaCW

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This restaurant is a phenomenal place to eat at!! We were recently there with my daughter's softball team of 10 girls and their parents. We first stopped in for a small lunch early afternoon after we had checked into our hotel. Their were three families that had walked in at different times and the staff was very accommodating. Our server Mirela J. was awesome!!! I have never had a server as cool, calm, and wonderful as she was. We finished our lunch and headed to our first game! After the game we had about 20 people in our party. We had about 12 children, who were in dirty softball uniforms and cleats and the rest were parents. We had walked in without calling ahead and asked if there was a way they could accommodate us. The hostess said give us 5 mins and we will find a spot for you. That in itself was incredible!! We were seated in less than 10 minutes and we had Mirela J. again as our server. She remembered us from earlier that afternoon and even remembered what we were drinking!! Amazing!! She continued to be an excellent server...taking all of our orders in her head. She never used anything to write the orders down. Then I had asked if I could have what someone else in our group had for lunch (it was a panini..one woman had a tomatoe and fresh mozz and another woman had the grilled chicken one). I had mentioned that both of them looked delicious at lunch. Mirela had said that the panini is not offered at dinner and that part of the restaurant was all cleaned up, so I chose something else, which was fine with me. WELL, when dinner was served to us, Mirela placed in front of me half of a tomatoe and fresh mozz panini and half of a grilled chicken panini!!! I was in shock...what a great server and restaurant. Never have I ever been treated so nicely in a restaurant. Everyone's food was delicious and amazing. The night was topped off with the whole softball team being invited outside to the gorgeous patio to sing and dance with live music that was playing!! This place was over the top and I am glad I live in CT to be able to back as soon as possible.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Buon Appetito had to struggle to open, it had to struggle to get it's liquor license, and it's had to overcome some really bad feelings from the local community. But over the last few years, it has managed to overcome all those issues and created a very nice restaurant that has been accepted by the local community. Our friends and family have supported and frequented the shop on a regular basis.The shop has thrived, and is always busy. But the last few times we've been here, the food was not prepared quite so carefully and the service was a little shoddy. We started feeling pressure from the owner/manager to buy more expensive wines, entrees, and appetizers, to increase the cost of our meal. I actually started to cringe when he would approach our table - It stopped being a fun experience,. It's no longer a favorite place for dinner

1  Thank Nooney2013
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was fabulous and the service was top-notch. They arranged a dinner for 31 of us while my son's soccer team played in RI for regionals. The food was amazing! And I can't say enough nice things about our server who was also was the manager. She arranged it all over the phone for us and it was perfect upon arrival. Good variety of foods and good prices also. I would definitely recommend it and hope to be back!

1  Thank CFarb
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This was my third and undoubtedly my last visit to Buon Appetito. First visit was for lunch and it was delicious. Second visit was with family for dinner and again very good. This visit was again for dinner and it was terrible. We called for reservations on the off chance we could get in. They did accommodate us even though it was very busy. We expected a wait but over an hour for entrees is unforgivable. The service was confused at best. The server did not remember who ordered what, the bread basket was asked to be refilled and finally arrived after a second request. The end of dinner is where the service got confused. We were asked by three different servers if we wanted doggie bags after we told our server that we did.
The food was marginal at best and at the prices charged, that is unacceptable. I ordered the same dish I always order, linguine and clams. It arrived cool and completely devoid of seasoning and a piece of calm shell prominently exposed in the middle of the pasta . Everyone at the table was disappointed with their meals.
The server apologized for the slow arrival of the food but the damage was done. A $200.00 dinner for 4 adults and 2 children should have been much more enjoyable.

Kaelyn G, Public Relations Manager at Buon Appetito, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Hello,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed our restaurant in the past and are very grateful for your patronage once more. We are very sorry that during your last visit you found the service and food unsatisfactory. We take pride in our restaurant and strive to have every customer leave satisfied. We would love to have you give us another chance in accommodating you and your family. If you would like to contact us separately to arrange a complimentary visit you can reach us at gravelinek@gmail.com. We hope to hear from you soon!

Management