“perfect”

Jonathan Edwards Winery
More attraction details
Owner description: Jonathan Edwards Winery is situated upon a picturesque 48-acre hilltop in North Stonington, CT. We handcraft premium Napa Valley and Connecticut Estate wines. Enjoy a tasting or a glass, tour the winery and vineyards, or bring a picnic lunch. Take home a bottle or become a member of one of our Wine Clubs. Open year round - 7 days a week from 11am - 5pm. Our daily complimentary tour is at noon.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 22 October 2013

A beautiful October day....we were a party of 6 wine tasting to celebrate my daughters birthday. We stepped up to the tasting "bar" and had a wonderful young lady help us. Any questions we had were answered with certainty. Her whole deamenor was up beat and personable. We felt welcomed and not hurried. When I told her I liked Pinot G...she made suggestions. One of the wines that I had barely tasted was not to my likeing (too much oak taste) she immediately substitued a different wine that was more to my liking.
It was a busy day at the winery, but never felt like we were to hurry up. We finished, purchased our wine and proceeded outside to the fields of grapes. We walked around the beautiful property for as long as we wanted to. Took lots of photos and had such a good time that we would return.
Now this site asks what sort of visit was this and there is no choice of Family with adult children. BSo that is what is was. My husband our three young adults and a boyfriend. We had such a fun time. So since I have to pick my visit from their list I will pick friends.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My friends and I made a trip here to celebrate my friend's 30th birthday. We've been to a number of vineyards around the state, but had never made it to Jonathan Edwards before. The vineyard was gorgeous and at the time it was being set up for a wedding (what an incredible place to have a wedding). The place had a deck off the tasting room - both were pretty crowded. We were able to find a small table to sit at, but the place was really too crowded to have all of us (a party of 6) sit together. We arrived around 2:00 so if you do have a group of people you might want to get there earlier. They allowed you to bring your own food and offered two different wine tastings (3 wines for $6 and 7 wines for $12).

Reviewed 2 October 2013

My wife and I were looking forward to enjoying a relaxing day at a winery, and we could not have asked for a better day. The building and grounds are nice. The view from the deck was awesome. The Staff was helpful and informative during the wine tasting. I am not a Zinfandel drinker but it was the first time I had a Red Zinfandel and it was a good suggestion. We enjoyed a couple of bottles on the deck after the tasting and met a bunch of friendly people. Some of them just were passing through on a wine tour and some doing the same as us. I will definitely return if in the area again and highly suggest it as a stop. It was also close to Mystic.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We had been to this winery once before about 5 or 6 years ago and decided to try it again. A lazy, hazy Monday afternoon brought few people and a nice tasting experience. Our server, Raeanne, was very knowledgeable about the wines and the business. She said she loved working there as they are a Team and everyone pitches in. She invited us to walk the grounds and view the artwork upstairs. Tasting a bit pricey, as we are used to Finger Lakes, NY prices but includes a fine logo glass. Would recommend a stop here to enjoy the wine, nice grounds and Raeanne's knowledge!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Jess, who poured our wine tasting this past SAturday afternoon was informative and friendly. A great ambiance as soon as you step foot onto the property. We bought a bottle of a this fantastic Pinto Gris and another MAlbec and spent the afternoon at the far stone wall enjoying the lays rays of a late summer afteroon.

Highly recommend this place for a relaxing escape if only for a few hours.