“We will be back! Adorable cabin-like room with excellent whirlpool”

Cedar Park Inn And Suites
New York City, New York
“We will be back! Adorable cabin-like room with excellent whirlpool”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

First off, let me say that if you are looking for big hotel service and amenities, this is not the place for you. Book a room in a hotel chain. If you arrive and you will have a meltdown because your room might still be in the process of being cleaned, and your schedule is now shot to heck, its not for you. We did hear someone say they had no towels in their room, and Amy, the person who checked us in, was very apologetic, so I am validating some of what I have read from other people. But if what you are looking for is a laid-back vacation get-away spot, this could be the place for you. We were offered beer or wine when we arrived. We were given suite 127 (a smoking room that we wanted, which Expedia failed to book properly, but Amy immediately accommodated for this.) The room was very clean and not smelling of old smoke or overly sprayed air freshener at all. Amy said its one of her favorite rooms, and it was an adorable King suite in a great woodsy back area on the second floor. It had a table and chairs outside of the room to enjoy the view. We had a clean double whirlpool in our room with towels at the ready, and the whirlpool is placed near the huge wall-mounted TV, and it had the softest bed we ever slept in. When we arrived, music was playing outside of the lobby area, in the statue garden with a grill there, and it had a party-people atmosphere which we really loved. This place is best suited for nature lovers who also like to go out to the casinos at night and will get in late, and find that half of the surrounding cabins still have their lights on at 4 a.m, but its still very quiet. We had a whirlpool at 4 a,m which was amazing, and went to bed as the sun came up, and heard not a peep outside from the other cabins. The only noise was the music of the birds awakening. I loved this place and will certainly be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My boyfriend and I made a last minute reservation to stay at Cedar Park this past Saturday night as we were meeting friends who were staying on site at Foxwoods. It was last minute so we didn't have a lot of options but the price seemed okay and other reviews seemed split 50/50 good/bad so we took our chances. Let me be clear that our expectations were not high, we just needed a clean safe place to sleep. We went in with an open mind but very soon after arriving we were questioning our decision. While waiting to check in a woman in line in front of us was returning her room keys as the room she had checked into had not been cleaned. We witnessed the staff take care of the woman and handle The situation appropriately. Okay so mistakes happen.... However when we opened the door to our room and saw two unmade beds, cigarette cartons and trash....back to the lobby we went. Again the staff handled the situation appropriately...Amy was super apologetic and escorted us to our new room and assured us this never happens etc etc. We waited outside as our new room was in the process of being cleaned and once we were in we were satisfied. Don't get me wrong the room was definitely "no frills" but we weren't expecting much. Lacked the little things that are standard in most hotels like soap/shampoo but overall the room served its purpose.
We utilized the shuttle to and from the casino which was extremely convenient however it was not complimentary as advertised. Upon checkin we were told they recommend a 5$ gratuity for the driver however once in the shuttle the driver 'Bobby' referred to it as a five dollar cover charge and collected it and counted heads as we got out of the van, it was very much not optional. Which would have been fine had the driver been professional, but we made a pit stop at his apartment on the way to the casino, where he got out of the van, went inside, and came back with a friend of his. So unprofessional. That being said the hotel manager was extremely attentive to us while we were waiting for the shuttle...called and got an ETA on the shuttle, recommended restaurants at the casino, and offered us both a beer while we waited.
The rest of our stay went smoothly with out any hitches...basic complimentary breakfast was nice to have before our drive in the am. Overall an okay stay, very friendly staff...but not sure the facility made a good enough impression that I'll be back anytime soon.

1 Thank mciar
greekva, Guest Relations Manager at Cedar Park Inn And Suites, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
I want to thank you for your review. We learn a lot from our reviews. I want to say that we are being very cautious of allowing early check ins on Saturdays after a sold out Friday . We have from 11am check out time to 4pm check in time to turn over all of our rooms. We only allowed a couple of people to check in early so we have made adjustments to assure of no more problems . The shuttle driver thought that you were part of a group that was staying at the hotel that day and they were suppose to pay for an agreed upon service. Please let me know the next time you are planning a visit .
Thanks John Syra. quality manager

Travellers are raving about these North Stonington hotels

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

I'm not a picky guy. I can tolerate just about anything. This place is even worse than the reviews say it is. Used q tip on the floor. Tv didn't work because there was no plug for it. The AC system made clunking noises that kept me awake all night. A total waste of money no matter how cheap it is!

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank sjgatl
greekva, Guest Relations Manager at Cedar Park Inn And Suites, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thank you for the review, I wish you would of told us of your problems . We did see your written review after you left . The Air conditioner had froze up because of the humidity and being left on 50% while you were out for the night. When you came back to the room the blade on the AC was hitting the Ice build up. If you would of notified us we could handled the problem.I did see a plug behind the Flat screen TV that was unplugged . I hope you try us again in the future as our guest .We want to keep our standards to the highest levels.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at this charming inn last week and we loved it! The room was spotless (and I'm picky about that), and attractive. It had all the amenities a vacationer needs, including some extra luxuries, such as a double jacuzzi and a GREAT electric massage chair. The entire inn has a nice secluded country feel, and our room had a balcony too. In the evenings, they lit a fire outside and we really enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere. The inn is very close to several major attractions, so we had plenty to do nearby.

The service was superior, and every one of the staff went out of their way to make sure we had a great time. They were so friendly, it was a real pleasure to stay there! I highly recommend this place!!

Colchester, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I have stayed at Cedar Park several times over the past few months. I just love it. All of the employees are so nice. I love the fact they have limo service to both Mohegan and Foxwoods. The rooms are very clean. I really enjoy the rooms with the jaccuzzi...They always have a fire burning in the evening with free hot dogs. Then, in the morning they have complimentary breakfast. Also, I love the fact that I can be on Watch Hill beach in a matter or 15 minutes. You can't beat the price or convenience.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Myself and my famliy stay here everytime we go to the beach in RI. It is a short drive away. We love staying because everyone is so friendly and they do whatever it take to make our stay wonderful and they rooms are always clean. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome. We will be retiurning in a few weeks for a two night stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My husband and I had been to this hotel several times. This had to be the absolute worst! The staff was nice enough except when we went into our room we had found a condom underneath the pillow on the bed. The sheets were put on the bed over filth. It was disgusting. We had gone to the office to ask for another room which they gave us but this one too was not clean. There was mold in the bathrooms the carpets were not vacuumed. We then decided to go up to Foxwoods which was a lot of fun. Except they state the limousine ride is complimentary and yet the woman in the office said there was a charge per person plus tip. When we tried to call the office to get picked up from the casino the driver wasn't answering his phone after trying to call him several times we called the other number we were provided with just to get a recording stating the number has been disconnected. Finally after standing in torrential down pours and thunderstorms for an hour the limo showed up just to tell us that a shuttle was on the way. Finally we made it back to the hotel it was after 2 in the morning. mind you our first attempt to reach these folks was at midnight. We got back to the hotel asked for a refund told them we were leaving they said for me to talk to the manager which I did and he assured me that he would comp the room. It has been almost a week and I have not heard from them nor have they comped the room. I have left several messages and I get no response.

1 Thank allforuamber
greekva, Guest Relations Manager at Cedar Park Inn And Suites, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent stay at our property.When you came back to our office and ask for a new room we gave you a new upgraded room. You inspected the new room and you were happy. We did go with you to the original room and inspected the room for this condom and we could not find one and you did not know where it went to. The bed was perfectly made and the room was still perfect from housekeeping. The limo service we provide is complimentary but we suggest that the drivers do takes tips. You gave us $20. to give the driver. That night we had a horrible rain storm that made it very hard for the drivers to even see the roads and you called during the worst time of the storm. When you came back after the storm and demanded your money back, We gave you back the original $20. tip you ask us to give the driver. You did say that you would write a bad review if we didn't refund all of your money. We have new sheets in all of our rooms ,and have a new quality control program and we guarantee guest satisfaction.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Stonington
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
#1 of 4 in Mashantucket
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,399 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area

Been to Cedar Park Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!