“Nice Hotel”

Cedar Park Inn And Suites
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The tempur-pedic beds were amazing. Only issue I really had was the entire room was tiled which made it cold to walk around on and slippery when coming out of the shower. Other than that I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dave T

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We booked this hotel through Booking.com for $199.00 per night total bill was $446.20. I feel I was robbed. We attended a function in the area and needed to be close. We paid as much as we would for a name brand chain (Hilton or Marriott) so I expected the rooms to be similar with the same type of amenities.

First Impression: When we drove up it looked nice and I decided to go in the office with my husband. When I walked in I knew we were in trouble. This was not a motel lobby – it was a converted room with a few hard chairs – big old empty bird cage – a small table with a few pamphlets and a desk with a woman sitting down to check you in. She looked at our paperwork and winked at me and said we have an upgrade a Jacuzzi suite. On closer look the property looked run down and poorly maintained. We pulled up to the room and I noticed at the door rot and cobwebs.

Room Overview: We walked in and it smelled – musty and damp so we left the door open. I look around the room and see a big massage chair – Really? Why? The room looked like it was furnished with Goodwill Furniture all mismatched. The floor did not look clean – there was a carpet on the floor that was dirty. The air conditioner was up high and if I wanted to turn it on I would have to stand on a chair. There was a large refrigerator, coffee pot, microwave and the biggest flat screen ever. The bathroom was large – the Jacuzzi tub was in a weird position in the room I wondered how they managed to climb in to clean it. The grout on the floor was dirty and there was slight black mold too. The mirror in the bathroom was hung too low and I had to scrunch down to look into it. The shower was for handy-cap and the wall paper was coming off. I just paid $446.20 for 2 nights. I was ready to cry. My husband said suck it up we are not spending any time here but sleeping. The bed did not look inviting at all.

I noticed there was a welcome letter under the glass on the table that talked about being the first hotel in the US to have Tempu-Pedic mattresses and about the luxurious sheets, pillows and blankets. It also stated that you could get a discount at their sister property – Newport Spa and Whirlpool Suites in Newport Rhode Island. The name of this hotel sounded familiar – It was featured on the Travel Channel’s Hotel Impossible. I was ready to cry – we had to stay as there was nothing available anywhere else close.

We went to our function and returned around 11:00 pm. We turned down the bed to find no bottom sheet and a stained mattress. I did read earlier something about luxurious sheets. There was nothing about this bed that stated luxury. My husband went to the office and they said they would move us but he did not want to move and figured other rooms were in the same poor condition. A young man brought down additional sheets. I was not going to allow this man in my room and chose to make the bed myself.

Day 2: When we returned later that night from our function we found the area very noisy people returning from the casinos. At 2:00 am people were returning to their rooms and turning on the TV’s loud and the Jacuzzi tubs. About 3:00 am my husband and I got up and checked out of the hotel.

This is not a hotel it is a motel and it is poor excuse for a luxury suite with disappointing amenities and apparently no maintenance staff. There is no way that this motel should be charging these prices. As I stated in the beginning “We paid as much as we would for a name brand chain (Hilton or Marriott) so I expected the rooms to be similar with the same type of amenities.” I will be looking into disputing the charges with our credit card company.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
greekva, Guest Relations Manager at Cedar Park Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for recent visit to Cedar Park Inn . I would like to apologize that a couple of aspects of your visit detracted from your experience. Our Head housekeeper has been on vacation and we slipped a little . She is back and we have corrected all issues. I did want to thank you for your thanks for the free upgrade to our King Massage Jacuzzi suite. Yes it does have a $3000. massage chair the same ones that you see at Brookstones in the malls. That massage chair can massage 4 parts of your body at the same time. The only complaint that we had about them is that some of the wifes say that they have a hard time getting their husbands to get out of them to go to dinner. The AC unit does have a thermostat on the wall but you can override it on the unit. And Yes it does have a brand New LCD 60" Samsung High Definition Flat Screen TV in this 500 sq Ft suite. This unit does have a full kitchen . There was a bottom sheet it was a flat sheet tucked under like a lot of luxury hotels. I personaly looked at the bed a saw no stains .This room does have a 42" by 66" jacuzzi in its own room and has a 5' x3' mirror in the room behind the door. Thanks again,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We reserved here because our trip was not planned and hotels were in short supply; however, the description and pix seemed very good. It was horrible: the first room (we refused it) faced a MOUNTAIN of at least 40-50 oversized trash and laundry bags piled outside the room across. No coffeemaker, a sliver of soap, half-used roll of t p, an old exercise treadmill filled the entryway, 1 face cloth, 1 towel, no phone connected to the office. Every time we uncovered another issue we had to walk all the way up to the "office". No ice machine (they got it from the "back room", staff had no idea what they were doing, AND we were forced to give them permission to "copy" our license and credit card, hold an extra 100. for potential damages. We've stayed all over the US and this was by far the worst. Had we been able to secure another hotel on short notice, we would have walked out. One good thing: the mattress was great.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, period.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emily F
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Room spelled like mold and mildew. The room was so damp the bed felt wet... Cobwebs and spiders everywhere felt like we were in a basement!! Hotel grounds were unkept and dumpy nothing like the pictures shown online!!! Wouldn't recommend this hotel!! Gross!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Carlaann8
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I came here with my husband recently for one night. It was a last minute booking and I was hoping to enjoy the room, how can you not with a jacuzzi?
Well, this hotel has potential, but needs work. Firstly, the staff was rude. We booked through priceline, and when we arrived, found out that the room we booked was a smoking room. I asked if there was anyway we could switch to a non-smoking (i'm pregnant) and was told that "Absolutely not, you should have called the hotel, we can't guarantee anything" oook.
We checked into the room, and took a look around. The bed was big and comfortable, and the massage chair was nice too. The main room was clean. The TV was big, but the reception was poor, most of the channels had big black lines running through them. The AC didn't really make the room cold, but okay. We didn't get a map or anything for the hotel, so we couldn't find where the lounge was for drinks and such, but that didn't matter. We went out and didn't return to the hotel until later.
Something you should know about this hotel is that it sits right on a rotary, which means on going traffic. We probably hear sirens every 30 minutes or so. Also, the way the hotel is set up, there is a set of stairs outside your room if you have a floor level room. When the shuttle returned from the casinos, we could pretty much here everyone walking around upstairs, then down the stairs, then back up. If you want a quiet night, try to get a room up the stairs.
The jacuzzi was noisy, and the plug had mold growing on the inside. We didn't stay in it much.
The next morning when we went to shower, thats when things went downhill. The bathroom was disgusting. The shower curtain had mold growing on it. The sink had a ring of filth, and had a toothpaste cap stuck in it (that was moldy too)
There were no cups for water, no trash in the bathroom, and only a couple towels, even though there was both a jacuzzi and a shower.
The grounds were covered in garbage, cigarettes, bottles and what not.
The hotel is not old enough to have these problems. It needs work. The rooms could do with a good cleaning and some upkeep. Not worth the money. We will not return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathryn B
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Room was not dirty per se, I mean the bed had fresh sheets and the bathroom was tidy but there were stains on the bed skirt and on the lampshade which was a huge turn-off. The worst part was the really funky smell in the room. I had a non-smoking room but it smelled like old cigarette smoke and a dirty clothes hamper. I couldn't relax with the smell, it kept me up all night. They either need to change the carpets and do a deep cleaning or put a Fabreeze bomb in there. My husband and I were looking forward to a romantic evening but there was no way any romance was going down in that place. It would have been ok otherwise. The grounds were cute with plenty of sitting areas with grills and fire pits. Overall, wish I would have spent more money and stayed somewhere else.

Room Tip: Read ALL the reviews before you book.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mmcdonald2014
Reviewed 27 May 2014

If you are looking for a 5-star hotel then this is not a place for you. If you are looking for a nice, clean comfortable hotel this is it. The staff is very accommodating. They will bend over backwards for you. There is an evening little dinner buffet, very homestyle, hot dogs, etc. that they have in their courtyard and a great breakfast set up as well. It's like going into your own kitchen and helping your self. Whatever is in the fridge, freezer is for the taking. Ice cream to beer. The shuttle to the casinos is great. It's almost like a casual campground setting...kids may be riding there scooters or outside having a catch. So if you want a nice relaxing setting this is perfect. If you want foo foo fancy obviously at this price you know this isn't it. The tempurpedic beds are a plus. I just like it here.

Room Tip: I haven't stayed in one but everyone raves about the whirlpool rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
The Fox Tower at Foxwoods
#1 of 4 in Mashantucket
Howard Johnson Inn Mystic
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area

Been to Cedar Park Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!