“ANYWHERE BUT HERE!!!”

Cedar Park Inn And Suites
ASHFORD
“ANYWHERE BUT HERE!!!”
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Aside from the fact that my room was a pigsty, the desk clerk didn't bother to mention that the limosene service advertised was not available until after I had checked in. When I told him this was unacceptable and I wanted my money back, he made a big production about calling the owner, telling him I wanted a refund, and getting hung up on. Then he told me to dispute the charge with my creit card company (which I did). Keep in mind I was there about an hour before I found out about the lack of limo service AND LEFT and was still charged for A FULL NIGHT. My wife made several attempts to contact the owner (who was soooo pleasent when we made our reservation) but none of her calls were answered or returned. Did I mention it was our first anniversary?The Bullisimo Grande is about 3 miles closer to Foxwoods,has limo service, clean rooms and a courteous staff. Do yourself a favor, they cost the same.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
mass
Reviewed 23 August 2009

Gave it a shot after reading this ,and to my surprise was very pleased. Staff very friendly ,,was clean ,jacuzzi was very nice,,massage chair in my room ,,wow very nice.. Limo service was great never had to worry about dwi to and from anywhere and treated great for 10 bucks a ride ! ,,cant beat it , and both drivers very courteous,fun , and helpful ,,as well as front desk reception,,very nice. had to wait for towels, but were delivered fresh from the dryer to the door,,when i asked about the bad reviews i was told they underwent a management change and brought in a new staff. Good decision from what ive read.. this hotel has had some bad media but it seems to be getting back on track .Did i mention complimentary apps and drinks on fri and sat. night,as well as ice cream bar and breakfast...i was happily surprised,,. id go back to hang out by the fire and meet some fun people here anytime.,

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
NY
Reviewed 7 August 2009

If you check the reviews, you'll see that I stayed at this hotel last year (2008) as well. I left the trip back in March '08 with a positive feeling about this place. I thought that they had the right foundations in place of becoming a great place to stay. Coupled with an extremely convenient location near both MGM Grand and Foxwoods, this place could have really struck gold!

BOY, was I wrong!

Instead of getting better, this hotel hit rock bottom. I arrived with my fiancee on a Saturday afternoon and we were excited. Our friends who went on our '08 trip with us actually weren't so supportive that we had planned to stay there again. They actually dropped out of the trip because of it (we should have too!).

At the reception area, we were not greeted nicely. There was this older gentleman who was sleeping at the desk and was consistently rude to us the whole time. He then checked us in and charged us for the 4 night stay in advance. A NORMAL hotel will secure the funds on your CCD first and then at the end of the trip, actually charge you for the stay. Not here. They charged us in full. Strike #1. I should have known from this point to just leave!

We had to fight a swarm of bees to get up the stairs to our room, and my fiancee is allergic to bee stings so we had to be careful. OK, I'll let this slide since it is outdoors and I guess some insect repellent would cost too much in these hard times.......

Once we got in the room, it had a musty 'funk' to it and it was dirty from the first look. We set our bags down and wanted to unpack. Problem, there was no dresser! The TV sat on a nightstand. The TV is supposed to sit in an armoir or wall unit with drawers so that we can actually unpack. When we asked the front desk to check it out, the gentleman claimed, "They must have moved it." Who are THEY and what have they done with it?? So, we decided to live out of our bags. Strike #2.

The bathroom was an adventure in itself. I had wanted to shower and get ready to go the casinos, but the shower was dirty and there was only one towel to boot. The toilet wasn't clean either, but at least it had a heated toilet seat! woo hoo! Strike #3

When we told this to the gentlemen as well, he said that he could upgrade our room later in the afternoon/early evening for our inconvenience. Well, a few hours passed and we weren't given an upgrade. Strike #4

We decided to let it blow over and calm down a bit, so we headed out for the night. Regretting the fact that we had to sleep in that dirty room, we stayed out late and only ended up sleeping for a few hours each.

In the morning, my fiancee woke up in a rash and she was feeling ill. The room and the dirty sheets (most likely) made her SICK. I stormed down to the front desk and demanded a clean room immediately. They refused to help us. I then demanded to check out and have a refund for the 3 nights I had not used. The same rude, older guy threw a fit and said there was no way to refund on their CCD machine. That is a load of BULL. I work on those machines all day and EVERY machine has a refund option. They flat out refused to refund me but did offer me 3 nights stay at an off peak time later in the year.

Boy, was I fuming now!

We ended up going to a hotel right outside of Mohegan Sun and we were finally able to enjoy our trip.

As a side note, I disputed the charges with my bank claiming that no where did it state that we had to pay in advance and how it was an uncommon business practice. Well, guess what? They ended up winning and I was out of $400! I'm glad I did well at the Casinos so I ended up literally breaking even.

What a nightmare! Do NOT stay here!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dinoverse1

Travellers are raving about these North Stonington hotels

Boston, MA
Reviewed 6 August 2009

Every time I want a getaway I go to the Cedar Park Inn & Whirlpool Suites. Such a GREAT value for your money. Phenomenally friendly staff. Immaculate whirlpool tubs.
This place provides everything they say they will, and most often much more, if asked. What place do you know of that provides a complimentary limo service??? I am looking forward to my upcoming stay this weekend!!
**If you want a relaxing, low maintenance, uninterrupted... and did I mention RELAXING... break away from daily life, then I Highly recommend this property!!!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
New Hampshire
Reviewed 3 August 2009

I decided to ignore the negative reviews (some of the reviews seemed ok), but that was my FIRST mistake. This place was dirty (toilet bowl and tub were disgusting, the carpet had what appeared to be vomit stains on it, and they did not even provide one small bar of soap in the bathroom and only had some cheap smelling shower gel and one wash cloth and two flimsy bath towels....towels had a stagnant odor to them, too). The "Manager's Reception" that is advertised on their website was NOT provided as described on the site and via phone call when inquiring about this place. There were NO appetizers (the rude desk clerk simply said "none tonight") as well as NO "champagne" and the one cheap wine bottle they provided had a broken cork and pieces of cork floating around in the wine. No cups were provided w/the beverages (some of the guests eventually found some inside, but the limited cans of beers they did provide ran out w/in the first hour of what was to be "from 5-7pm," and the guests were told "when it's out, it's out." NO music entertainment, as stated on the website and via phone...no "manager" in site in fact...the guests just had to fend for themselves. The outside tables were dirty as well. I inquired about the rate per night via phone call and again after check in...was told the rate was still $179 for Friday and Sat. nights, but another couple told us they drove in and booked a room around the same time we arrived and were given a $149 rate for the EXACT same "king-sized deluxe" room. When I inquired about it to the rude desk clerk, she told me that the manager "decides when he wants to give discounts to some people and it's his right to do that!" This place is not even worth the $99. per night they were advertising on the sign at the entrance (which, by the way, was not truthful either...there were NO rooms for $99....when another guest asked about that, they were told that this rate was only for Friday night, not Sat. night (which was NOT given to me when I called on Friday to confirm the rate, so I think it was just a scam to get people to drive in and try to book a room). Our a/c was broken upon arrival, too, as was the toilet that would not flush (my husband had to keep fixing the chain in order for us to flush, and he also had to figure out to how to by-pass the a/c thermostat that we were told was "broken" when we complained about the a/c not working and were told there were no other rooms available. I guess I should have heeded the negative reviews after all...hopefully you will and not end up staying in a dirty place like this with such false advertising.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JUSTBEINGTRUTHFUL
Baltimore
Reviewed 26 July 2009

we Stayed here cause family stayed here years ago. So despie the 50/50 reviews we stayed. Started with my firt reservation being cancled by cedar park & then after rebooking. Ariving and see that we were charged 100 more then the orginal booking . To a rude staff who yell at one another. ONce in room the dirty un cleaned room we asked about the missing towle after the staff rolled there eye we where told to wait the get them when they got a chance, we never came to our room with towles. The "reception" was nothing and the food was terriable. All and all the staff need to go and the place need a good cleaning then and only then should any one ever stay here

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Kittytravler
Reviewed 22 July 2009

When my spouse and I checked into our room, we found a dirty towel laying on the sink with a pubic hair on it, and another towel on the bath tub that was not folded. We had one roll of toilet paper that had looked like it had been used and not changed. Every time we called down to the front desk or visited the front desk, they took an unnecessary amount of time to help us and treated us as if we were children. The limo driver expects a tip every time he drives you any where, yet, he will not even open your door and took over a hour to pick us up, when we were at the lobster buffet down the street. Very unprofessional. My trip did not feel like a vacation... more like a nightmare.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Days Inn - Mystic
Days Inn - Mystic
#11 of 13 in Mystic
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area

Been to Cedar Park Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!