“Awesome time, would definately return again”

Cedar Park Inn And Suites
Mass
“Awesome time, would definately return again”
Reviewed 18 October 2009

Staff was very friendly. We attended the beer & wine reception, food, drink and music was great. Met some great people. Beds are very comfortabel, slept great!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Fernandina Beach
Reviewed 8 September 2009

My husband and I booked this hotel a week in advance with Katie for our Labor Day getaway! Upon checking in (with the extremely helpful and friendly desk clerk, Courtney) we were informed that the hotel had a free 24 hour ice bar and a Happy Hour! How can you go wrong? Free beer/wine and appetizers?! What a pleasure! The courtyard with the umbrellas and statues too! I felt like I could stay forever! After enjoying some entertainment and meeting nice people we decided to take the complimentary limo to the casino. I just couldn't believe it. Complimentary? Talk about making our getaway the best! I will NEVER go anywhere else but here! This place is truly amazing and you won't be disappointed! Seriously, treat yourself! It's worth it!!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Carver, MA
Reviewed 5 September 2009

I just got back. This place was the best deal you can get. Beautiful rooms, whirl pool tub, the most comfortable tempur-pedic King mattress I've ever slept on. Complementary drinks, complementary limo to Foxwoods!! Are you kidding?? Free brealfast! Awesome courtyard / patio with umbrellas table and beer/wine. I still can't believe, what a deal! I will always go back there every time I go to Foxwoods. Great people with wonderful ideas. Thank you thank you thank you....

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
ASHFORD
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Aside from the fact that my room was a pigsty, the desk clerk didn't bother to mention that the limosene service advertised was not available until after I had checked in. When I told him this was unacceptable and I wanted my money back, he made a big production about calling the owner, telling him I wanted a refund, and getting hung up on. Then he told me to dispute the charge with my creit card company (which I did). Keep in mind I was there about an hour before I found out about the lack of limo service AND LEFT and was still charged for A FULL NIGHT. My wife made several attempts to contact the owner (who was soooo pleasent when we made our reservation) but none of her calls were answered or returned. Did I mention it was our first anniversary?The Bullisimo Grande is about 3 miles closer to Foxwoods,has limo service, clean rooms and a courteous staff. Do yourself a favor, they cost the same.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these North Stonington hotels

mass
Reviewed 23 August 2009

Gave it a shot after reading this ,and to my surprise was very pleased. Staff very friendly ,,was clean ,jacuzzi was very nice,,massage chair in my room ,,wow very nice.. Limo service was great never had to worry about dwi to and from anywhere and treated great for 10 bucks a ride ! ,,cant beat it , and both drivers very courteous,fun , and helpful ,,as well as front desk reception,,very nice. had to wait for towels, but were delivered fresh from the dryer to the door,,when i asked about the bad reviews i was told they underwent a management change and brought in a new staff. Good decision from what ive read.. this hotel has had some bad media but it seems to be getting back on track .Did i mention complimentary apps and drinks on fri and sat. night,as well as ice cream bar and breakfast...i was happily surprised,,. id go back to hang out by the fire and meet some fun people here anytime.,

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
NY
Reviewed 7 August 2009

If you check the reviews, you'll see that I stayed at this hotel last year (2008) as well. I left the trip back in March '08 with a positive feeling about this place. I thought that they had the right foundations in place of becoming a great place to stay. Coupled with an extremely convenient location near both MGM Grand and Foxwoods, this place could have really struck gold!

BOY, was I wrong!

Instead of getting better, this hotel hit rock bottom. I arrived with my fiancee on a Saturday afternoon and we were excited. Our friends who went on our '08 trip with us actually weren't so supportive that we had planned to stay there again. They actually dropped out of the trip because of it (we should have too!).

At the reception area, we were not greeted nicely. There was this older gentleman who was sleeping at the desk and was consistently rude to us the whole time. He then checked us in and charged us for the 4 night stay in advance. A NORMAL hotel will secure the funds on your CCD first and then at the end of the trip, actually charge you for the stay. Not here. They charged us in full. Strike #1. I should have known from this point to just leave!

We had to fight a swarm of bees to get up the stairs to our room, and my fiancee is allergic to bee stings so we had to be careful. OK, I'll let this slide since it is outdoors and I guess some insect repellent would cost too much in these hard times.......

Once we got in the room, it had a musty 'funk' to it and it was dirty from the first look. We set our bags down and wanted to unpack. Problem, there was no dresser! The TV sat on a nightstand. The TV is supposed to sit in an armoir or wall unit with drawers so that we can actually unpack. When we asked the front desk to check it out, the gentleman claimed, "They must have moved it." Who are THEY and what have they done with it?? So, we decided to live out of our bags. Strike #2.

The bathroom was an adventure in itself. I had wanted to shower and get ready to go the casinos, but the shower was dirty and there was only one towel to boot. The toilet wasn't clean either, but at least it had a heated toilet seat! woo hoo! Strike #3

When we told this to the gentlemen as well, he said that he could upgrade our room later in the afternoon/early evening for our inconvenience. Well, a few hours passed and we weren't given an upgrade. Strike #4

We decided to let it blow over and calm down a bit, so we headed out for the night. Regretting the fact that we had to sleep in that dirty room, we stayed out late and only ended up sleeping for a few hours each.

In the morning, my fiancee woke up in a rash and she was feeling ill. The room and the dirty sheets (most likely) made her SICK. I stormed down to the front desk and demanded a clean room immediately. They refused to help us. I then demanded to check out and have a refund for the 3 nights I had not used. The same rude, older guy threw a fit and said there was no way to refund on their CCD machine. That is a load of BULL. I work on those machines all day and EVERY machine has a refund option. They flat out refused to refund me but did offer me 3 nights stay at an off peak time later in the year.

Boy, was I fuming now!

We ended up going to a hotel right outside of Mohegan Sun and we were finally able to enjoy our trip.

As a side note, I disputed the charges with my bank claiming that no where did it state that we had to pay in advance and how it was an uncommon business practice. Well, guess what? They ended up winning and I was out of $400! I'm glad I did well at the Casinos so I ended up literally breaking even.

What a nightmare! Do NOT stay here!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dinoverse1
Boston, MA
Reviewed 6 August 2009

Every time I want a getaway I go to the Cedar Park Inn & Whirlpool Suites. Such a GREAT value for your money. Phenomenally friendly staff. Immaculate whirlpool tubs.
This place provides everything they say they will, and most often much more, if asked. What place do you know of that provides a complimentary limo service??? I am looking forward to my upcoming stay this weekend!!
**If you want a relaxing, low maintenance, uninterrupted... and did I mention RELAXING... break away from daily life, then I Highly recommend this property!!!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
Days Inn - Mystic
Days Inn - Mystic
#11 of 13 in Mystic
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area

Been to Cedar Park Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!