Hilltop Inn & Suites
Stardust(North Stonington)(Great Value!)
US$69
Bellissimo Grande Hotel(North Stonington)
US$162
US$146
Orbitz.com
budget inn(North Stonington)
US$79
Hotels.com
Cedar Park Inn And Suites(North Stonington)
US$91
Priceline
US$158
US$148
US$126
All reviewscontinental breakfastbagelsroom was cleanshuttle serviceplace to stayfree shuttlehard boiled eggsplenty of hot watermake your own wafflesnext morningdefinitely stay here againbed and pillowsjacuzzi suitemotelfoxwoodscasinoct
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Usually, we stay in Mystic to break up the drive from Cape Cod to NJ. But last minute, Saturday night, summertime, Mystic was fully booked. I saw the Hilltop had availability on a travel website. So I booked directly on Hilltop's website. There were mixed reviews on Tripadvisor, but I chanced it. First the good then the bad. The bathrooms were absolutely clean. The reviews stated "it was dated" but I could handle dated if the bathroom was spotless. It was and it turns out I didn't have to deal with "dated". The room seemed up-to-date and the parking lot had been recently re-asphalted. The coffee in the room is MUCH better than at breakfast. I like strong coffee, so I use both filter packs, the regular and decaf for one pot of coffee. I guess so many people have complained about the coffee at breakfast, that you can buy $1 Keurig coupons at the front desk. The breakfast was adequate for a gluten-free eater like me. I ate yogurt and hard-boiled eggs.

Now the bad.....a previous reviewer stated the toilet paper was like sandpaper. That reviewer was not kidding! We had two queen beds, when my husband turned down his bed, it had looked like it had been slept in and the sheets weren't changed. The bottom fitted sheet was clearly rumpled with the indentations of the mattress (you couldn't bounce a quarter off it if you tried, it would probably get stuck in one of the indentations), and normally a fitted sheet goes all the way down to the bottom of the mattress, but this only went halfway......my bed was fine. With the room being non-smoking, people smoke in front of the room, the only problem was that the air conditioning swept in the air and made our room smell like smoke.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShoresVillas
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Made a last minute reservation (a tad expensive) to go to the beaches in Rhode Island. Some of the poor reviews scared me but I was pleasant surprised. The room was big, clean and met expectations for a decent room in a non major chain motel. The included continental breakfast is perfect for my kids and the free wifi is a nice extra. We didn't use the shuttle to the casinos but it seems like a great perk to staying here if the casinos are your thing. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again without worry under the same circumstances.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Gma0917
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We booked a last minute saturday overnight. No issue with the price because we wanted to go to Foxwoods and get a comped room but they were booked up. I was happy they had a room available. Check in was fine. The staff was very welcoming and wished us good luck at the casino. We didn't use the shuttle because we don't drink. We arrived back at our room around 3am and all the drunk people were already asleep so we had a great night's sleep. The room was very clean. The bathroom was immaculate! We had a handful of issues with the room that made the stay less then enjoyable so contacted them via email and was called right away. I spoke with Jay who was amazing and very helpful. Normally I would consider not going back but the friendly front desk and Jay's customer service ensured we will consider them again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014

because the a/c sounds like a freight train! At least ours did, and so did every one I passed by! Other than that, the musty smell in the room and the crummy water pressure in the shower, the place is ok. Not great, but adequate.
The bed was very comfortable, but the bedspread was nasty. (as most hotels are)
The room was pretty clean overall. Nice TV and good channel lineup. The staff is friendly and breakfast is decent. They could use more fresh things. There was only a handful of 'fresh' apples and they were real far from fresh. Old mealy and bruised. The location is good to Foxwoods, and they do offer limited shuttle times.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bleweyz39
Reviewed 28 June 2014

First time staying here. It was nice and clean. The rooms were older, but comfortable. Breakfast was fine, however we would have preferred brewed coffee instead of instant. Staff was very friendly. We would stay again for a quick visit

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends