“Great place to stay!”

Hilltop Inn & Suites
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 February 2009

I stayed at the Hilltop Inn and Suites on a Saturday, Valentine's weekend, with my friend, as we were going to Foxwoods for the night to see Kid Rock. We got one of the last two rooms and the hotel was packed. All the women were given roses as we were checking in, which was sweet. The rooms were spacious and spotless, including the bathroom. We stayed in a smoking room and it didn't even smell of smoke. We stayed on the bottom floor in room 136 and nothing woke us up all night. It is at the back of the building, which is possibly the quieter area of the hotel. The beds were comfortable and clean, but the pillows could have been better quality. I would just bring my own pillow next time. I would definately stay again. I gave a lower rating on value, because it's a little pricey, but it is by a giant attraction. The shuttle is a bonus, but we didn't even use it. If that is why they are charging the extra $, then they should charge for the shuttle and lower their prices a little.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hilltop Inn & Suites

Reviewed 20 August 2008

Stayed for a weekend golf trip with friends Aug15-17. Room was OK - above motel standards but not quite up to a Courtyard or Fairfield Inn. Staff was A+ - everyone there went out of their way to help. Fitness center was small and needs an update. Breakfast was good. Shuttle service to Foxwoods was prompt and courteous - certain times they do bump people due to overcapacity. If you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay and play near Foxwoods I recoemend this joint. If you are a first timer or looking for the Foxwoods expereince spend the extra $100 and stay there.

• Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank tmarcone
Reviewed 8 July 2008

This site was booked for us by a family member. My wife needed handicap facilities and this hotel filled the bill. Our room was large, clean and had a roll in shower. We only used the site to sleep in so I can't comment on anything else that they offered. The front desk staff were all friendly and professional. This site does charge a one time $20 fee for a fridge and has a fee for the safe whether you use it or not. They will remove the fee for the safe but you have to ask. This is spelled out in very small print on the front of the safe. They also offer free shuttles to the nearby casino. Easy to find and plenty of parking.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2008

I stayed here for one evening on a Thursday night. I was in Connecticut for business and figured I'd drive over to Foxwoods since I've heard a lot about it. Being the company was paying, I couldn't pass through a charge of over $300, which is what it would have cost to stay at Foxwoods. For an internet rate of only $79, I could stay 3 miles away at the Hilltop Inn.

Keep in mind, you're paying $79 per night so you should go in with realistic expectations. First off, this is a Motel, not a Hotel. All doors are on the outside. You shouldn't expect first class (or even second class) accomodations.

What I did find was a VERY clean room, a comfortable bed, and VERY friendly staff. That's about all I can really expect for only $79. I'm sure if I were travelilng with my wife she wouldn't have cared too much for it but I can tell you I had no problems what-so-ever and was quite pleased.

On the negative side, the shuttle bus ran only once per hour and the last shuttle back to the hotel left Foxwoods at 11:45 PM. That's a little earlier than I typically quit gambling but being I had to leave the next morning at 6:00 AM to drive to New York City it probably wasn't a bad thing.

Definitely would recommend - especially for a one-night stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank MinMemphis
Reviewed 10 April 2008

We live in New York and thought we would go check out Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods. We had no reservations but I had an idea of prices and hotels.. The Hilltop was recomended to us. We 1st stopped at the Belissimo, they were playing price games and we would have had to wait for a room to be cleaned. We drove just down the road to Hilltop. We got a room with a jetted tub. $249 for the night, Saturday. The room had mirrors everywhere, even on the ceiling. Never had that in a hotel room before. They were not even skinny mirrors, that would have been great! Either that or mirrors that make you look like a little person, like at a carnival. The room was clean. Though the wall paper was stapled to the wall around the shower. Steam and wallpaper do not mix. Plenty of hot water here, filled the tub up. The bus to Foxwoods worked out well. It travels every half hour, and the drivers were pleasant. We too had noisy people in the parking lot at 2am, but they eventually went to bed. Everyone is just there for a good time. We would return and stay at this hotel because Foxwoods would have charged $583 for a Saturday night. All we did was sleep here, spent thet rest of the time at Foxwoods. P.S. We like Mohegan Sun better. Both casinos will make you smell like you smoke 3pks a day.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2008

We arrived on a Saturday night around 5:00pm. Check in was easy, woman at the desk was very sweet. Went to our room, #243, so far so good. Room was clean, water pressure good, bed was soft, pillows were thin and lumpy. Took the free shuttle to Foxwoods at 7:30pm. Great service to have since this is the main reason we booked this hotel (and all others were booked with it being a long weekend/Valentines weekend) Got back to hotel on shuttle around 01:45am and it was all down hill from there. We heard every shuttle come in and drop off guests because each crown got louder. At 2:30am, we were awoken by people running by all the rooms, including ours, pounding on all the doors. Then if that wasn't enough, at 3:10am, we were awoken by someone ENTERING our room with a key!! Luckily we had the slide on the door so they would not get in. Not a fun way to be woken up!
This had to be one of the loudest hotels I have ever stayed at. They need to hire security guards to keep the drunks and rowdy guests in line and maybe also ttrain the people at the desk not to give out room keys to occupied rooms!! I could not wait to check out of there then next morming.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristen1169
Reviewed 19 January 2008

Hilltop near Foxwoods is a value hotel, so don't go in expecting to be overly nice. However, my girlfriend and I paid $80 for one night and booked it a week before our trip. Easy check in, room was clean and orderly. Bathroom had plenty of towels, and the TV worked fine. The shuttle to the casino was prompt and efficient. Check out was a breeze and the free breakfast was good; if you are looking for a free bagel and glass of orange juice, it's certainly fine.

It seems to me that the negative reviewers of this hotel expect it to be the Ritz. This place is a BUDGET hotel, so you can't expect this hotel to be very nice. However, considering the price, Hilltop is a great hotel. If we go to Foxwoods again for a night, we will definitely stay at the Hilltop due to its cheap prices, great service, and reasonable amenities.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
#1 of 4 in Mashantucket
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#10 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Hilltop Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!