“Inexpensive and worth it!”

Hilltop Inn & Suites
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston
“Inexpensive and worth it!”
Reviewed 15 July 2009

The Hilltop is perfect if you're looking for a place to stay on a budget near Foxwoods. It's a very basic no-frills place and relatively inexpensive, which is nice, especially if you lose a lot at the casino. We had a really huge room with a king sized bed (which was really comfortable).
It is very close to Foxwoods-about 10-15 minute drive. Don't even bother driving though-take the shuttle, it runs till 2:45am on the weekends.
The staff is very nice-I even got a rose when I checked in, which I thought was a really nice touch. I would defintely stay here again. Free shuttle and free breakfast, what more could you want?

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Boston, MA
Reviewed 29 June 2009

My fiance and I stayed here for a night. We had tickets to a show at Foxwoods and wanted a room which was close and affordable. The rooms were surprisingly large and clean.

When we called down to the front desk to ask for an iron, someone brought it up immediately. We were also upgraded to a king room at no extra charge based on availability. Definitely ask at check-in if you can be upgraded. It's always worth asking.

The shuttle left promptly to bring us to foxwoods, however beware that they fill up FAST heading back to the hotel on a Friday night. We must have missed the shuttle we were initially trying to catch b/c it probably filled up took right off. We had to wait a half hour for the next and make sure we got on to get a seat.

That being said, it's no luxury hotel. If all you're looking for is a place to crash for the night and be close to the action, this is it. I would definitlely go back for that reason.

Central New York State
Reviewed 27 June 2009

If you want a clean comfortable room with the most welcoming staff I have ever encountered in a hotel, this is it. I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel and staff. This was the first time I have ever been made to feel this welcome by a hotel staff. It was like being part of a family but not intrusive. The bed was very comfortable, the room was very clean, and the continental breakfast was the greatest. You have to try the Belgin waffles. The location was great as there are so many points of interest to be seen short distances from the hotel. The casinos were near by also. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to the area. The cost of the room also was a good deal. If you are looking for a 5 star luxury hotel this is not it, but if you want wonderful service this is it.
Donna from central New York

Milford, MA
Reviewed 15 February 2009

I stayed at the Hilltop Inn and Suites on a Saturday, Valentine's weekend, with my friend, as we were going to Foxwoods for the night to see Kid Rock. We got one of the last two rooms and the hotel was packed. All the women were given roses as we were checking in, which was sweet. The rooms were spacious and spotless, including the bathroom. We stayed in a smoking room and it didn't even smell of smoke. We stayed on the bottom floor in room 136 and nothing woke us up all night. It is at the back of the building, which is possibly the quieter area of the hotel. The beds were comfortable and clean, but the pillows could have been better quality. I would just bring my own pillow next time. I would definately stay again. I gave a lower rating on value, because it's a little pricey, but it is by a giant attraction. The shuttle is a bonus, but we didn't even use it. If that is why they are charging the extra $, then they should charge for the shuttle and lower their prices a little.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
Boston
Reviewed 20 August 2008

Stayed for a weekend golf trip with friends Aug15-17. Room was OK - above motel standards but not quite up to a Courtyard or Fairfield Inn. Staff was A+ - everyone there went out of their way to help. Fitness center was small and needs an update. Breakfast was good. Shuttle service to Foxwoods was prompt and courteous - certain times they do bump people due to overcapacity. If you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay and play near Foxwoods I recoemend this joint. If you are a first timer or looking for the Foxwoods expereince spend the extra $100 and stay there.

• Stayed August 2008
1 Thank tmarcone
Los Angeles
Reviewed 8 July 2008

This site was booked for us by a family member. My wife needed handicap facilities and this hotel filled the bill. Our room was large, clean and had a roll in shower. We only used the site to sleep in so I can't comment on anything else that they offered. The front desk staff were all friendly and professional. This site does charge a one time $20 fee for a fridge and has a fee for the safe whether you use it or not. They will remove the fee for the safe but you have to ask. This is spelled out in very small print on the front of the safe. They also offer free shuttles to the nearby casino. Easy to find and plenty of parking.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Stealth fee for the safe
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Memphis
Reviewed 12 May 2008

I stayed here for one evening on a Thursday night. I was in Connecticut for business and figured I'd drive over to Foxwoods since I've heard a lot about it. Being the company was paying, I couldn't pass through a charge of over $300, which is what it would have cost to stay at Foxwoods. For an internet rate of only $79, I could stay 3 miles away at the Hilltop Inn.

Keep in mind, you're paying $79 per night so you should go in with realistic expectations. First off, this is a Motel, not a Hotel. All doors are on the outside. You shouldn't expect first class (or even second class) accomodations.

What I did find was a VERY clean room, a comfortable bed, and VERY friendly staff. That's about all I can really expect for only $79. I'm sure if I were travelilng with my wife she wouldn't have cared too much for it but I can tell you I had no problems what-so-ever and was quite pleased.

On the negative side, the shuttle bus ran only once per hour and the last shuttle back to the hotel left Foxwoods at 11:45 PM. That's a little earlier than I typically quit gambling but being I had to leave the next morning at 6:00 AM to drive to New York City it probably wasn't a bad thing.

Definitely would recommend - especially for a one-night stay.

• Liked — Price and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Thin walls
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
#4 of 5 in North Stonington
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#10 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Hilltop Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!