“Dishonest Staff and Overpriced Room”

Hilltop Inn & Suites
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 August 2010

I stayed at this hotel and a week after I checked out I had an additional charge on my credit card for $112.00 on top of what I paid for the room which was over $200.00. When I called the desk they could not give me a reason why I had an additional charge. I had to go through my credit card company adn report a fradulent transaction which my credit card company deemed was a fradulent charge.

Overall the room was pretty low end. Beds were extremely uncomfortable and there was a lack of water pressure in the shower.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 August 2010

My daughter and I just stayed here last night and paid $225 plus tax=$257!!! We dropped our stuff in the room and expected a great room for $225 and it was a below average room with 2 beds and a bathroom and TV. I would have expected a fridge or something. We went to the casino and took our own car...there were a lot of people waiting for the shuttle for a while. We got back around midnight and didn't feel too safe in the back of the hotel. We ran to the room. We had to call the front desk for a vending machine and the only soda machine was in the front....outside! We went to bed and the beds were so uncomfortable! My daughter and I woke up with very sore backs....I already have a bad back so this didn't help at all!

Ok....woke up and took a shower that drizzled out and had a speck of shampoo from the packet (not even a mini bottle). My daughter got in the shower and I was brushing my teeth (separate from the bathroom) and I noticed spots of food on the wall and then I heard a crash... the shower curtain and rod fell off the wall into the shower on her!

I went right to the front desk after my daughter got dressed and to check out and I was told I should have called immediately so there was nothing they could do! I told her it just happened so I came right down and she still said I should have called! I told her I couldn't believe they charged that much for those rooms and all she said was it was because of the location so basically I took it as she knows it is gross. She only took $30 off the price...I should have gotten more than that!

I would NEVER recommend this to anyone! In fact, I was telling a friend and she told me she wishes I told her we were staying there because her and her husband had stayed there and were also disgusted!

1  Thank nankel21
Reviewed 11 May 2010

me and a few friend's stayed here for 4 nights, we were a little hesitated to stay here, we asked to see the room before check-in & was given a key right away, we went to check the room, and it was fine. It was a very basic room with 2 beds television & bathroom lol and thats all we needed... It doesn't have a-pool there, but if ur just going to foxwoods & mohegan sun to gamble who needs a pool, the continental breakfast was OK. I mean it will get you going in the morning & that is about it.. I thought the hotel was very much clean, I would definately stay here again...

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2010

If you want to save around half while hanging out at Foxwoods, this is a decent option. Since there are no hallways, I think this might be technically a motel. The grounds and exterior was very well kept so that was definitely a plus. Parking was plentiful, average continental breakfast, comfortable beds, good water pressure, no fridge, and a very friendly shuttle service.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2010

This is a great stop over for anyone looking to stay near the CT casinos, The reviewer's who couldn't find the shuttle may need a little help, as we had people from OTHER hotels trying to board the HILLTOP van. You have to notice WHERE you entered the complex and be able to navigate your way back after a night of casino-time!
Pluses include great staff and management, comfy beds, decent Free Breakfast, and great rates. This is no luxury spa, but a decent hotel with reliable shuttle service to and from Foxwoods, and the Jacuzzi suite option is not to be overlooked!
There is a great sense of camaraderie amongst the staff and this transfers to their thorough customer service. We've stayed here a few times now and will again!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2010

Hotel staff were pleasant. However the shuttle bus from the casino back to the hotel never came. Even after we called it took 36 minutes to show up for an 8 minute ride. That despite the fact they said it would leave immediately! The "exercise room" had one treadmill in it that didn't work!

Reviewed 6 January 2010

My husband and I have stayed here before, but this time we stayed in a king suite, that was awesome, big and clean room, the best part was the jacuzzi in the bathroom, also had a shower too. The staff are so nice and friendly. They have home baked cookies at nite and they are so yummy. the breakfast has a big selection, our favorite is the big waffles and all the other great things and the best part it is complimentary. they also have a shuttle to the casino which is complimentary also.
Best price and nice place to stay instead of paying a fortune at the casino.
Can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
#4 of 5 in North Stonington
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#10 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Hilltop Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!