“Just awful”
Review of budget inn

budget inn
budget inn
Reviewed 13 August 2007

First of all the rate was $145.00 not $59.00. I thought I was getting the one up the street. This one is down the end of the road where you can't see it. Grounds were shabby, lawn ill kept. Motel needed painting and general care. Window removed from back wall and curtain hanging down. Toilet dirty, fridge dirty with container inside with water and red stuff like tooth paste inside. Microwave had no turntable inside. Exposed plug outlets, not sure bed sheets had been changed. No headboard on the back of the bed looked like it had been ripped off. Pole lamp with no outlet to plug into. Called up the street and was told no vacancy. So spent the night, next morning complained, was told too bad should have left. Wish I had.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank cbanville6
There are newer reviews for budget inn

Reviewed 26 June 2007

I booked this motel on Metro Travel. I had to cancel and called the motel. They accepted the cancellation, but to my surprise, billed the room anyway. When I called I was told that we should have called Metro Travel. I asked why he accepted the cancellation. He said he never did and that he would do nothing. He then proceeded to hang up on me. THIS PLACE IS A RIPOFF!! I AM IN THE PROCESS OF A FORMAL COMPLAINT NOW!!

Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank CTTraveler27
Reviewed 22 May 2006

The property is very run down. When we got to the room and closed the door, you could see outside through the cracks around the door jamb. The traffic noise from nearby I-95 was loud all night long. There was hair on the bathroom floor. The owners live there as well and are apparently doing some home improvement projects - there was sawing and hammers banging at 7:00 am on Saturday morning. When we took showers that morning, the water smelled like a sewer. We certainly didn't feel clean at all. Finally, when we left, there were 6 kids running around the parking lot and one of their toys was on our windshield. Not a safe environment at all.

• Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank redsoxfan1
USA
Reviewed 8 May 2006

I don't know where to begin writing my review of this place. On first arriving you notice trash and debris littered through out the property. Broken stairwells and long ago peeled away paint. Socks and other laundry decorate the railings. In the parking lot there are several broken down cars. It's very scary. Upon entering the office you will be greeted with an odor of mildew so strong you are forced to breath through your mouth. The man at the desk did not speak English and needed a child to translate for him, she spoke in only marginally better. When you are brought to a room, you are agian greeted with a horrifying odor, and you wonder how long it's been since someone stayed here last? The room in filthy the walls are peeling and the bathroom is unsanitary.

Unfortunatly you've booked through a travel site already and when you negotiate to cancel your reservation and not have your card charged you are being lied to. You will find that out when you get your credit statement in the mail. When you call to discuss this you are greeted by hostile and rude people. There no customer service here. You will be insulted, have rude unappropriate things said to you and you will not get your money back. They will steal from you.

I can not urge you enough to go find another place to stay, it's not worth the few dollars you would save by staying here and not somewhere else. In fact I would give you the differance just to save you from staying here. It's dirty, run down and scary. The people are rude and are only interested in your money. Buyers Beware!! This place is so bad it shouldn't even get one star!!

• Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Brossard, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 2 October 2005

Itinerary # 13066391
Hi,
I ahve just returned from my most diappointing trip. I had cofirmed a
reservation at BUDGET INN NORTH STONINGTON ,CT. You can't picture my
surprise when I arrived at the location with a green budhet sign. The
first room I was assigned smelled so badly that I had to asked for a
dfferent room. You can't picture what I found there. The to cover on
the bed had several stain, which had dried to a crusty scam. The
sheets had not changed since the last occupant had left. After I
complained the bed was changed. The floor was dirty and in the
bathroom pubic hair and dust covered the stace heater, the taps had
hardly any water since the were crusted with calcium deposits. I asked
that the room be cleaned. The shower and sink taps were not fixed, so
I did the repair myself so wecould shower and wash over the sink. The
outside of the place was in terrible shape we had to walk over demaged
rubber mats and on the way to the parking lot the way obstructed with
plywood and old flower containers. I could not relax at this place at
all it was just too dirty and totally ruined my weeks vacation. I
thought that the accomadation you represent have to meet some minimum
standards, I can assure you that this is the worstaccomadation I have
ever had. When I saw the Budget Inn I had assumed it was part of the
chain, silly me. For the price I paid I expected some comfort. I think
you sould refund at least half my money if not all. I could have found
better and cheaper accomodations down the road in Mystic, CT for two
third the price. I have been using you services for many years, but I
am very disapponted in this one.
Helmut Hartleb

• Stayed: September 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 November 2004

Warning: Do not, I repeat, do not even consider staying at this Budget Inn. Management was very rude and unprofessional. When, due to an unforeseen medical circumstance and had to leave before ever staying the night, we requested a refund, we received a profanity laced tirade suggesting that we were liars. I have never been treated anywhere like this.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Days Inn - Mystic
Days Inn - Mystic
#11 of 13 in Mystic
Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic

Been to budget inn? Share your experiences!