“Something has changed and it's not for the better...”
Review of Mystic Pizza II

Mystic Pizza II
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Hartford, Connecticut
“Something has changed and it's not for the better...”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My family and I love Mystic Pizza II and like with many others, it is our tradition to stop in our way home from the beach. We had a larger group (party of 7) this time and I was told there would be a 20 minute wait. Fair enough because the place was busy. Well, as 35 minutes went by and everyone who arrived after us (parties of 5...) were called in. I asked the hostess how much longer it would be. She kindly replied, about 15 more minutes. I told her I would have appreciated it if she let us know the wait time had been extended by 35 minutes. She explained there was a table that seats 8 and they hadn't left yet. We asked if she could put some tables together and she excused herself to go back inside and check. She offered us a booth that seats 6 or the booth for 6 and a table right next to it. Why she didn't think to offer that before I spoke up is beyond me... We were seated at the booth and table. The server came over promptly with a wonderful smile and took our order. She brought back plates, 3 of the 7 plates had dried cheese on them. She brought fresh plates and orders placed (pizza, lasagna, and spaghetti) but no utensils. My husband asked if she could bring some and she said we had to wait a minute because the utensils were still being wrapped. She dropped one set, left came back, droppe another and this went on... Food on table and no utensils were ready for us to use? I'm thinking the wrapping should be done ahead as with most restaurants. My husband said the lasagna as just ok. The pizza was good but wasn't what I had asked for. We ordered plain cheese and I could tell by the taste and texture that it was Mozzarella. Big difference at Mystic because the flavor is quite unique on the plain cheese. I asked the server if it was Mozzarella and she said she input "cheese" so perhaps something changed with how they cook it. Highly doubtful as both choices are on the menu. Also, she pretty much ignored that the women at the table needed refills but automatically kept the man at the table refilled without him asking. I don't appreciate that because it gives the impression "the man is paying so cater to him". I'm sure we'll go back again because the family loves it. Hopefully our next experience will be great as with our prior visits.

• Visited August 2013

Ohio
“Great Crust!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We had the house special and the margarita...I didn't care for the margarita..the basil had a burned and bitter taste...but the house special was delicious and their crust is really good!!

Visited July 2013
New Haven, Connecticut
“So-So”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Picked the restaurant out of convenience before a night at Foxwoods. Service was good, atmosphere good, food came out too our table quickly but it was just so-so...definitely far from a "slice of heaven" as advertised. The pizza was thick crust and greasy..far from the New Haven style pizza I'm used to. That being said it was a decent meal for a reasonable price, but definitely wouldn't go out of my way or make a special trip!

• Visited June 2013
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Had to try the pizza after seeing the movie!”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I saw the movie years ago on a flight to Orlando and since we were in the area, we had to try the real thing. We're low carb so this was quite a splurge for us. We stopped mid-afternoon and the restaurant was pretty much filled in February. I have to say the pizza was worth the splurge! Quite good! I would definitely make this a stop again if we were in the area!

• Visited February 2013
Groton, Connecticut
“You loved the movie and the pizza is really a little slice of heaven”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

The food is just terrific here the pizza is as good as the hype maybe better, the staff are very good, the atmosphere very comfortable and enjoyable. I recommend the excellent caesar salad to start with grilled chicken if your really hungry (or make it a meal they have takeout as well) love the hot pita triangles and dressing. The pizza you can go traditional but for me the white pizza with clams is divine indeed!

Visited February 2013