“Nice stay!”

Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed one night for a family wedding. When reserving the room on line, staff was very accommodating. Initially, I wanted two adjoining rooms. I put a note in my reservation with this request. I quickly received an email back stating, my request was filled. A few days before the wedding, I realized I wanted a fridge since I was traveling with an infant who needed to have his formula cold. So I emailed them back and they again were very responsive and helped me out again. Because the ceremony time was the same time as check in, they offered early check in and let me know the best way to find out if my room was ready before I even left home.
As for the hotel and room, everything was very clean and quiet. Starbucks in the lobby was great. There is a bistro as well, but we didn't need to go. A few restaurants very close by and even delivered to the hotel. We heard there is a free shuttle to Foxwoods.
Overall, great experience, great and friendly staff.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our property. It is our privilege to have the opportunity to host many groups of wedding guests at our hotel. I am delighted that we were able to accommodate the specific requests that you had for your two reservations. We appreciate the advance notice that allowed us to quickly and efficiently pre-assign you to the rooms that would best fulfill your requirements. With multiple wedding blocks on the weekend of your visit, we worked diligently in conjunction with our housekeeping staff and I am pleased to say that we were able to offer early check-in to virtually all wedding guests including yourselves in order for our valued guests to arrive at the ceremonies in time.

Thank you once again for your visit and we look forward to the opportunity to host you in the future should your travels bring you back to this area. Please feel free to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance!

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our 10th year wedding anniversary and had a blast. The staff is super friendly and were happy to check us in early. We stayed in a presidential suite. There is pre set romantic music that plays 24/7...you control the volume from zero (can't hear it), to 5 (petty loud). The jacuzzi was great with the over head TV. The room was spacious & bed was comfy. The ride to and from the casino was also great. Very romantic...Will definitely be back...

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This was our first time staying at the Bellissimo. The grounds were beautiful and kept immaculate. The front desk was friendly and professional.
The room was pretty and very clean, nicer than some of the rooms I've stayed in at Foxwoods.
Only drawback was the lounge is very, very, small and we could not get up to the bar to get a drink because it was so crowded. It looked like there were no seats at the bar anyway, just a bar.
We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet but I liked the third floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank smoki11
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband & I spent a week here in April 2013 and have made reservations to return in October 2013. The people who work there are friendly and helpful. The indoor pool was wonderful and we enjoyed it everyday. It is centrally located and they have a limo that takes you to Foxwoods. I have recommended this hotel to many of my friends and they have enjoyed their stay as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

When I saw that the Bellissimo Grande had a Tuscan theme, I knew it would be perfect to renew my wedding vows for our 25th Anniversary!
Not only was it a fraction of the cost than Foxwoods, the complimentary Limo service was great. The drivers were prompt & courteous! Our room was big & very clean.
I can't say enough about the staff! Amanada/manager helped me greatly with referring me to the local business for the flowers & a cake, which was a surprise for my husband. Judy, from Pot of Green made a beautiful arrangement, & the Fay Da Bakery made us a delicious treat!
She kept Michael/mgr & all the staff in the loop of what needed to be done. Michael came out to congratulate us & calm our nerves by buying us a drink. Jen/front desk took lovely pictures & even Randy from maintenance helped by placing flowers & a mat, the fountain area was gorgeous! Tony, the restaurant manager made sure our meal was mouth watering.
Larry Gemma, JP, did a terrific job with the ceremony, it brought us all to tears!
I can't say enough of how smoothly our special day went, We will treasure the memories.
Lynne Carnazzo

Room Tip: pictures to follow!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your experience at our property for the benefit of future guests. It was truly our privilege to host you and your husband for this special occasion! I am delighted that every aspect of your stay as well as all staff assistance met and exceeded your expectations. We were honored to have the opportunity to be of service and look forward to hosting you as our guests again in the future!

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stay at the Bellissimo every time I go to Connecticut for the weekend. Close to casinos and entertainment. Clean hotel and prices are reasonable. I will be back again and stay at the Bellissimo Grande for the weekend.

Room Tip: I always like the upper floors. The first floor is a little too loud.
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I would recommend this hotel to everyone. We just had our first stay and it was a wonderful 3 day experience. I was surprised as to how beautiful and comfortable our room was. The pictures online really don't do justice to how nice they really are. We stayed in a presidential suite and the bed was so comfortable and the jacuzzi was awesome.The staff were friendly and helpful. Michael the manager is a really nice guy, he was checking on all of the guests to make sure all of our needs were met. Tony...he is the jack of all trades. One night he made me cosmos and 2 days later he drove the limo into Foxwoods. Liz is a gem, what a great personality and people person she is. Her personality brought us back to the bar to see her. We look forward to many more stays here.

1  Thank Marcy P

Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience as a guest at our property. I was delighted to see that our Presidential Suite met and exceeded your expectations both in luxury and comfort. Thank you as well for highlighting the various staff members who had the opportunity to be of assistance during your visit. We pride ourselves not only on efficient service, but on personal, friendly attention to our guest's needs and I am glad this was your experience.

Once again, thank you for being a valued guest and we look forward to your next visit! Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Stonington
Grand Pequot Tower
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket
Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic

Been to Bellissimo Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!