“presidential suite”

Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
“presidential suite”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Rates and all fees should be clearly explained when checked in just for an fyi, rates were reasonable wit resort fee and ct tax. resort fee even if u don't use pool or bottle water or amenities given still charged so take use. Jacuzzi was wonderful to see but could have been cleaner rinse with cleaning solution and filled with water up to jets and washed with a wash cloth so it didn't look like it was cleaned with little effort at least if there was gunk in the jets from previous guest, And pick up the dirty tissue guest leave behind underneath the bed spread. romantic looks upscale love music as u enter room, close and convenient to all attractions in mystic has even a 10 to 15 min drive to stores staff was friendly when we stayed just didn't like the room being first floor end room and loud as guest walked by entrances and morning noises and how I called back to make reservation second time seeing my fiancé said we could give it a second shot, a dirty tissue noise shouldn't stop u from staying again not every room can be like this, He said room was top scaled as if it was in boston but away from the city and coming home from being over in Iraq and spending a night away would be nice again. So when I called the female front desk employee was rude with a slight attitude over talked you with out breathing in between words and explained rates are higher on certain dates as if she knew me and my financial situation without giving any info. give it a 7 out of 10 if your front desk learn some cheerful customer etiquette!!!!!!! coming from a military family and hotel experience this lady need to learn some manors!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Valued Guest,

Thank you for your visit to our property and for taking the time to share your experience. Thank you for your compliments regarding the amenities of the room as well as the value of our property. I apologize that there were a couple of aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that we take the cleanliness of our property very seriously and the comments you have related will be addressed appropriately. Thank you for considering a return visit to our hotel; please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance!

Yours in Hospitality,

Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Closest hotel to Foxwoods, half the price, excellent room service, limo to and from until 3am. Couldnt ask for more, I will never stay at Foxwoods again ($400 per night weekend rate) when you can have just as nice of a hotel at half the price. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Matt K
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent visit to our hotel. Thank you for expressing the value and quality of service you experienced at our property. We look forward to the opportunity to host you in the future and once again thank you for your valuable input for the benefit of future guests.

Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance!

Yours In Hospitality,

Windsor, CT
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night for a family wedding. When reserving the room on line, staff was very accommodating. Initially, I wanted two adjoining rooms. I put a note in my reservation with this request. I quickly received an email back stating, my request was filled. A few days before the wedding, I realized I wanted a fridge since I was traveling with an infant who needed to have his formula cold. So I emailed them back and they again were very responsive and helped me out again. Because the ceremony time was the same time as check in, they offered early check in and let me know the best way to find out if my room was ready before I even left home.
As for the hotel and room, everything was very clean and quiet. Starbucks in the lobby was great. There is a bistro as well, but we didn't need to go. A few restaurants very close by and even delivered to the hotel. We heard there is a free shuttle to Foxwoods.
Overall, great experience, great and friendly staff.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our property. It is our privilege to have the opportunity to host many groups of wedding guests at our hotel. I am delighted that we were able to accommodate the specific requests that you had for your two reservations. We appreciate the advance notice that allowed us to quickly and efficiently pre-assign you to the rooms that would best fulfill your requirements. With multiple wedding blocks on the weekend of your visit, we worked diligently in conjunction with our housekeeping staff and I am pleased to say that we were able to offer early check-in to virtually all wedding guests including yourselves in order for our valued guests to arrive at the ceremonies in time.

Thank you once again for your visit and we look forward to the opportunity to host you in the future should your travels bring you back to this area. Please feel free to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance!

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our 10th year wedding anniversary and had a blast. The staff is super friendly and were happy to check us in early. We stayed in a presidential suite. There is pre set romantic music that plays 24/7...you control the volume from zero (can't hear it), to 5 (petty loud). The jacuzzi was great with the over head TV. The room was spacious & bed was comfy. The ride to and from the casino was also great. Very romantic...Will definitely be back...

• Stayed September 2013
NH
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This was our first time staying at the Bellissimo. The grounds were beautiful and kept immaculate. The front desk was friendly and professional.
The room was pretty and very clean, nicer than some of the rooms I've stayed in at Foxwoods.
Only drawback was the lounge is very, very, small and we could not get up to the bar to get a drink because it was so crowded. It looked like there were no seats at the bar anyway, just a bar.
We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet but I liked the third floor
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank smoki11
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband & I spent a week here in April 2013 and have made reservations to return in October 2013. The people who work there are friendly and helpful. The indoor pool was wonderful and we enjoyed it everyday. It is centrally located and they have a limo that takes you to Foxwoods. I have recommended this hotel to many of my friends and they have enjoyed their stay as well.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Winthrop, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 August 2013

When I saw that the Bellissimo Grande had a Tuscan theme, I knew it would be perfect to renew my wedding vows for our 25th Anniversary!
Not only was it a fraction of the cost than Foxwoods, the complimentary Limo service was great. The drivers were prompt & courteous! Our room was big & very clean.
I can't say enough about the staff! Amanada/manager helped me greatly with referring me to the local business for the flowers & a cake, which was a surprise for my husband. Judy, from Pot of Green made a beautiful arrangement, & the Fay Da Bakery made us a delicious treat!
She kept Michael/mgr & all the staff in the loop of what needed to be done. Michael came out to congratulate us & calm our nerves by buying us a drink. Jen/front desk took lovely pictures & even Randy from maintenance helped by placing flowers & a mat, the fountain area was gorgeous! Tony, the restaurant manager made sure our meal was mouth watering.
Larry Gemma, JP, did a terrific job with the ceremony, it brought us all to tears!
I can't say enough of how smoothly our special day went, We will treasure the memories.
Lynne Carnazzo

Room Tip: pictures to follow!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your experience at our property for the benefit of future guests. It was truly our privilege to host you and your husband for this special occasion! I am delighted that every aspect of your stay as well as all staff assistance met and exceeded your expectations. We were honored to have the opportunity to be of service and look forward to hosting you as our guests again in the future!

Yours in Hospitality,

#4 of 4 in Mashantucket
Grand Pequot Tower
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket

Been to Bellissimo Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!