“Sympathy trip”

Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This place is the best. From the very freindly and helpfull staff to the clean and beautiful rooms, this is the place to stay. They go out of there way to accomidate you. The only downfall was the schedule for the limo to the casino. But I understand it was a very slow time for them and they need to cut extras where ever they can. The lounge was not open, but the room service was food was very good and the price was so reasonable.

Room Tip: upgrade to a roon with a spa tub. its worth the extra few bucks.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 52angelaa

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed just one night while on a road trip. The staff is very efficient and friendly, but the facilities are outdated. Overall appearance of the room was rather depressing: dark, musty, ancient bedding. Not at all what you come to expect from looking at the pictures on the web. Pretty disappointing

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AdelaSK
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Valued Guest,

Thank you for your visit to our property. We appreciate your positive comments regarding the guest service you experienced. I apologize that the appearance of the room did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that the décor of our rooms is kept up to date and is in keeping with the Tuscan-themed ambiance of our property. I apologize that this was not ideal for you as our guest. Thank you once again for your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband and I checked out of another hotel down the road when we noticed the Bellissimo advertising $89 per night. We saved over 50% and boy were we happy with the change. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Husband wasn't feeling too great so they put us in a room they felt would be one of the quietest. Then, because they were a bit slow, they upgraded our room to a King with jacuzzi. The room (#321) was beautiful, large, clean, quiet, comfortable, and sumptuous. The bathroom was huge with a shower that had multi-heads for a complete body experience. The jacuzzi was just right for 2 and came with 2 fluffy robes. The dressing area had a double sink, shelves and plenty of room for storing everything. Our bed and bedding was very comfortable. I loved having a Starbucks in the lobby. Note that there is free limo service to and from the Foxwoods Casino and a $4.95 daily facility charge. Still, with the facility charge, this was a fantastic deal.

Room Tip: If you are concerned about quiet, ask for a room on the 3rd floor.
Reviewed 2 October 2013

*First time writing a review* - I bought 4 rooms there this past Saturday, which was not inexpensive. They were a gift to my brother for his 25th Birthday. I went to the hotel, checked them all in and drove to the casino to set up our nightly plans. We arranged for a VIP table at Shrine and his party of 8 planned to meet us around 10:30pm. My brother called me around 10:30 saying that the hotel was not letting them on the shuttle until every person was entered into the hotel system (I have only heard of this when I take my students on class trips, because they are under age!) My boyfriend left Shrine to try and take a couple car loads over but by the time he got his car out of Casino Valet, they were half way done registering and would have been the same about of time. I called to speak with the manager but he/she was not around. Bellissimo caused him and his friends to miss 2 shuttles (which come every 30 min) and they all did not arrive until about 12am, therefore loosing more time and money at Shrine. When thinking back, they should have just called cabs but we thought the hotel provided a decent service. **Just do not plan on having the hotel help you with transportation.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Valued Guest,

Thank you for your visit to our property. I apologize that our shuttle service was not easily utilized by the group. For the benefit of our guests we do require that, in order to utilize the shuttle service, all guests be registered to a guest room. This allows us to ensure that only guests of the hotel can use the shuttle service and makes the process much smoother and more accessible for our guests.

I apologize if this procedure was not properly expressed at time of check-in, but we have found it to be extremely beneficial to the guest experience at the Bellissimo Grande.

With these concerns clarified, I hope you will give us the opportunity to restore your confidence in our property at a future time. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I needed somewhere to stay at the last minute and did not want to pay foxwoods casino price. I called Bellissimo and asked if they had something, they had a i king bed that was ready and it was very nice. The bed was comfy, flat screen tv limited channels about 8. The room was very large.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tempest2000
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Valued Guest,

Thank you for visiting our property and for taking the time to share your experience. Thank you for your compliments on the accommodations and value compared to the Foxwoods hotels. I am glad we were able to accommodate you with early check-in as well! I apologize that the TV in your room was not functioning properly, in the future please feel free to contact the front desk so that we can resolve the concern in order for you to fully enjoy every aspect of your stay.

Thank you again for your visit and please contact me if I can be of any further assistance!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Rates and all fees should be clearly explained when checked in just for an fyi, rates were reasonable wit resort fee and ct tax. resort fee even if u don't use pool or bottle water or amenities given still charged so take use. Jacuzzi was wonderful to see but could have been cleaner rinse with cleaning solution and filled with water up to jets and washed with a wash cloth so it didn't look like it was cleaned with little effort at least if there was gunk in the jets from previous guest, And pick up the dirty tissue guest leave behind underneath the bed spread. romantic looks upscale love music as u enter room, close and convenient to all attractions in mystic has even a 10 to 15 min drive to stores staff was friendly when we stayed just didn't like the room being first floor end room and loud as guest walked by entrances and morning noises and how I called back to make reservation second time seeing my fiancé said we could give it a second shot, a dirty tissue noise shouldn't stop u from staying again not every room can be like this, He said room was top scaled as if it was in boston but away from the city and coming home from being over in Iraq and spending a night away would be nice again. So when I called the female front desk employee was rude with a slight attitude over talked you with out breathing in between words and explained rates are higher on certain dates as if she knew me and my financial situation without giving any info. give it a 7 out of 10 if your front desk learn some cheerful customer etiquette!!!!!!! coming from a military family and hotel experience this lady need to learn some manors!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Valued Guest,

Thank you for your visit to our property and for taking the time to share your experience. Thank you for your compliments regarding the amenities of the room as well as the value of our property. I apologize that there were a couple of aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that we take the cleanliness of our property very seriously and the comments you have related will be addressed appropriately. Thank you for considering a return visit to our hotel; please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Closest hotel to Foxwoods, half the price, excellent room service, limo to and from until 3am. Couldnt ask for more, I will never stay at Foxwoods again ($400 per night weekend rate) when you can have just as nice of a hotel at half the price. Highly recommended!

2  Thank Matt K
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent visit to our hotel. Thank you for expressing the value and quality of service you experienced at our property. We look forward to the opportunity to host you in the future and once again thank you for your valuable input for the benefit of future guests.

Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance!

Yours In Hospitality,

#2 of 4 in Uncasville
Grand Pequot Tower
Grand Pequot Tower
#2 of 4 in Mashantucket

Been to Bellissimo Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!