“Comfort and cleanliness by Connecticut casinos”

Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel was extremely comfortable. Our room has an oversized Jacuzzi and memory foam mattress. The hotel offered a limo service to foxwoods and was about 20 min away from Mohegan Sun. The room service menu was lengthy with late hours, and there was a small Starbucks kiosk in the lobby. Definitely a great value!

• Stayed: March 2014
There are newer reviews for Bellissimo Grande Hotel

Reviewed 24 February 2014

My husband and I stayed there on a Saturday nite. The worst hotel ever for paying $269.09. They actually made me sign a paper about no noise and only if they followed their own rules and regulations on it. We went back to our room at 1:30 am and the people next to us had at least 6 people in their room yelling and screaming, I finally called the desk at 3:30 am because I had enough security did not come up till after 4:00am and once they left the loudness continued. I would never stay there again or recommend that hotel to anyone. When checking out I told the desk since we maybe got 1 hour of sleep for $269.09 and all she said was the next time you stay you can pay for a regular room and we will upgrade you. Imagine if a regular room is awful you can only imagine the noise you will hear in a suite because there will probably be 20 kids partying in 1 room. I told her you can guarantee you will not see me back here again. I feel worst cause people I know who go to foxwoods and can not get a room I tell the to go to the Bellissimo but now I will recommend the Hill Top Hotel that is 2 min away from the Bellissimo. I did call the hotel gm but sitting waiting for him to call me back. This whole hotel just might be a joke.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank carol p
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Bellissimo. I would like to begin by apologizing that noise from other guests disrupted your stay. Thankfully I was able to confirm that the General Manager did contact you the morning after your checkout and was able to personally discuss your concerns with you. While the policies in place often prevent noise issues and definitely limit the number of guests registered to a room, there are unfortunate instances where guest noise can become an issue. We fully appreciate the inconvenience of having to call the desk regarding a noise issue, but we do ask that, if any guests are disturbed by noise, they notify us in order to allow us to pinpoint noise issues and eliminate them as soon as possible. Often when noise disturbances are not identified immediately the concern becomes magnified for those disturbed.

Combined with your conversation with the General Manager, I trust that this helps to explain the procedures in place. Should you need any further assistance, feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We're a twenty-something couple and were looking for an inexpensive winter getaway. We stayed at the Bellissimo for two nights this week. We got a great rate on the room and had a fantastic time!

The limo service to the casino was a great treat. We were able to visit Foxwoods and all it had to offer without worrying about parking/driving/etc. The casino had plenty to do- great restaurants, gambling, bowling, etc. The hotel also had a starbucks in the lobby- great for coffee/snacks in the morning and a restaurant/bar- great for drinks before dinner/at night. They were on a "bistro" menu while we were there so there were not too many options for dinner but with the casino so close by and other restaurants in the area it really wasn't a big deal. The rooms were very clean and plenty spacious for two people. Due to the set up of the hotel/ doors parking was also very convenient to the rooms which was great especially for bringing in bags and with the cold weather. Some other reviewers have mentioned the walls being a little thin which I suppose is true but I didn't find it any more/ less noisy than any other hotel I've stayed i recently.

Our biggest disappointment was the pool. We both love to swim but only visited the pool once this trip. The pool was on the smaller side which was one thing but for some reason the pool room and the pool water was cold, making swimming a bit unpleasant. There was also no hot tub in the pool area, I suppose this is because they have the option to book a jacuzzi room. I wish I had known this at booking because I would have been more tempted to spend the extra money to book a jacuzzi room. I guess now I know for next time!

Overall, we had a wonderful time and will definitely be back soon!!!! I highly recommend this hotel! The value is unbeatable!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Nice location. Clean rooms. Limo service was great. High school atmosphere. We were woken up 2x during the night by couples fighting. Our friends stayed on other side of hotel and heard security shutting down loud room next door. It's systemic there.
Great deal if you're in your 20's and price with decent amenities is criteria. Bottom line: You institute a noise policy when you have a noise problem.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank RichardHurts

Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback. Thank you for highlighting the various positive aspects of your stay including location, cleanliness, and complimentary limousine service.

Unfortunately, one of the challenging aspects of the market in which we operate is maintaining a quiet environment while accommodating the variety of travelers who visit this area. As with all properties in the area, we have policies in place to seek to minimize disturbances while providing a comfortable and relaxing environment for all of our guests. I apologize that these policies did not fully eliminate noise concerns near your guest room during your visit.

I would love the opportunity to restore your confidence in the property should you choose to plan a future trip to the area. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

This is about the 6th time we stay at the Bellissimo Grande. It is the cleanest Motel I've ever stayed at. Sevice is great and room decor in the presidential suite is outstanding. One of the things I like is it's quiet and close to both casino's.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Bellissimo Grande and for taking the time to share your experience. Your repeated patronage is an honor. I am delighted you had the opportunity to enjoy our Presidential Suite and it is gratifying to know that the cleanliness of your room – one of our highest priorities – both met and exceeded expectations! I am glad our policies ensured a quiet stay for you on each of your visits and that you were able to enjoy the convenient access to both Casinos from our location.

We look forward to the opportunity to host you on your next visit to the area. Please feel free to contact me personally if I can be of any future assistance!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

This hotel is party central. If you are looking for a good night's sleep, look elsewhere. The hotel posts their "quiet hours" policy on the bathroom mirror. Apparently, this policy is only enforced if a complaint is registered. It was 2:00 a.m. when we finally couldn't take it anymore and called to complain about the party people somewhere in our vicinity. It took longer than anticipated for them to quiet down. The hotel itself, is decent, but we were suprised at the number of extension cords used in the room for the refrigerator, lights and clocks. It looked like a fire hazard. I would rather pay more and stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hallowellmaine
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel. I would like to express our sincere apologies that noise from other guests disturbed your stay. We do utilize a very straightforward noise policy for the benefit of all our guests. In addition to the regular security rounds that are made, we also request that guests notify us immediately regarding any noise that is of disturbance to them. This allows us to pinpoint issues and resolve them before they escalate and cause further frustration to our valued guests. Thank you once again for your feedback and please feel free to contact me personally if I can be of any future assistance!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Darnell W
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
#2 of 4 in Uncasville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Stonington

Been to Bellissimo Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!