“Excellent Valuefor the Money”

Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent Valuefor the Money”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Overnight with friends - celebrating a birthday at Foxwoods. The 3rd floor room was a great deal for the money - you'd be hard-pressed to find a room anywhere.with a jacuzzi tub for a little over $100. The hotel does have an older look but I don't need a modern tower of glass and steel to feel comfortable. The room was spacious and clean and so was the bathroom. The bed was comfortable and there was no problem with noise later in the evening. The complimentary limo to Foxwoods was a great convenience - sure beats trekking through those vast Foxwoods parking lots! Limo was right on schedule - didn't have to wait for pick up or drop off. I left the next morning feeling that I definitely got my money's worth and would confidently book again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank NEtraveler61

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Bethel, Connecticut
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Overnight with friends. Easy check-in. Staff friendly and helpful. Comfortable, quiet room. Be sure to request non-smoking - near casino so lots of smokers. Free limo to the casino was very convenient. Starbucks in lobby = awesome!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Valued Guest,

Thank you for your visit to the Bellissimo Grande and for taking time to share your experience for the benefit of future guests. Thank you for your many complimentary remarks including your smooth check-in, your experience with the staff, and your enjoyment of a quiet stay in your guest room. Unless there is a specific request for smoking, we are more than happy to accommodate all of our guests in one of our many completely non-smoking guest rooms. I am glad we were able to accommodate your non-smoking preference.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit! Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any personal assistance.

Farmington, New Hampshire
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have to say I have read some of the reviews on this site - and I'm compelled to write as well.
My husband and I go to Foxwoods frequently and never stay any where but the Bellisimo Grande :) - even though we can have a free room at Foxwoods -
I use and enjoy everything they have to offer - the entire place has fantastic rooms - wonderful breakfast - great bar -amazing dinner for two ($99.00) - great spa- fun pool - free shuttle to foxwoods and the most amazing staff anywhere :) Mike - Amanda - Liz- Tony and my favorite shuttle drivers the professor and the maintenance guy - all of them are amazing - kind - and always greet us with a BIG smile !!!
We have been there at least a dozen times and NEVER have we been unhappy or unsatisfied !!!!
Thank you Bellisimo Grande staff - The Dugals :) see you soon

• Stayed March 2014
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Valued Guests,

Thank you for your return visit to our hotel and for your many kind words regarding our property and staff! We greatly value our repeat guests and truly appreciate you sharing your feedback for the benefit of future guests. We look forward to your next visit!

puerto morales
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This past weekend, my husband and I went to Foxwoods to see Trisha Yearwood in concert and we stayed at the Bellissimo Hotel. We were very disappointed. It was nothing like what was shown on the computer and I chose it as it got good ratings. When we walked in, the Lobby looked like it could use some updating - our room did too. We had a basic room - rm. #319. It had a king size bed, one sink bathroom, and very used furniture. It was quite warm in our room when we walked in - 78 degrees. I checked the thermostat and it was set at 65. We thought it was because the sun was shining in. We closed the curtains and made sure the thermostat was off when we left for Foxwoods around 4 PM. I thought we were going over to the casino via a limousine as that is what is shown on the website. We ended up going in a van. When we returned to our room - around 11:30 PM our room was still hot - 75 degrees. We opened the window (it was in the 20's outside) without any relief. So we put the air conditioner on too (which was quite noisy). We left it on all night and woke up each time it went on. By morning, it was 65 degrees - much better but surprised it wasn't lower that that. The lighting in the room was not great. There was a small mirror over the bureau which I used after showering so my husband could use the bathroom. There was no light or outlet near the mirror so it was difficult getting ready. It would have been nice if they had better lighting, an outlet close to the mirror, and even a bigger mirror. We spoke with the person at the front desk about it upon leaving and she said they would send us a voucher for an upgrade for the next time we came. I don't think there will be a next time. As we were packing up our car, we noticed a few windows that were open in rooms on the second and third floors. I think they need to do something about their heating system and I think they need to do some updating. After reading some of the other reviews, I am glad to say we didn't have the noise problem.

Room Tip: I would look somewhere else.
Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Bellissimo and for taking the time to share feedback from your visit. I was glad to read that you enjoyed a quiet stay at the hotel. I apologize that the temperature in the room detracted from your stay. While we are careful to set temperatures in a comfortable and economical range between guests, it appears that the guests who utilized the room before you had a much warmer desired temperature. Utilizing the cooling function of the in-room thermostat would quickly reduce the temperature in the room whereas, due to the ambient heat from surrounding rooms, it reduces much more slowly when simply turned off. Hopefully this helps to clarify the temperature controls in the room. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance. We would love to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the property on a future visit to the area!

Groton, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here on Saturday, March 8th, 2014 for just an overnight getaway. We had no intentions of going to the casino so this review is based solely on the hotel experience and is not influenced by the surrounding facilities or attractions. We booked a Venetian suite in advance at a decent rate. Upon arrival we circled around the parking lot to the back of the building near the rear entrance. There is a drop off point in the front of the building but since we only had one bag we went straight to parking. As we entered the hotel lobby I was a bit dissapointed. I know the hotel has a "taste of Italian hospitality" but the decor seemed boring and outdated. We received a voucher for a complimentary appetizer of either (try not to laugh) cheese and crackers (luxury resort food?) or stuffed mushrooms. It was a nice gesture but since I don't like mushrooms and we can get cheese and crackers anywhere, my wife and I passed on either. After we received our room keys I peeked into the pool area as we headed to our room. The pool is very small and has no hot tub. We brought our swim suits but decided the pool wasn't worth our time. One thing worth noting is that there were no awful smells at all. My wife and I are non-smokers and neither of us detected a hint of cigarette smoke in the lobby or hallways. Our room was of course a non-smoking room and was very clean. The heating and cooling system works very well. There is an auto mode where you can set the heating and cooling to cycle and maintain comfortable temperatures. The jacuzzi tub was big enough for both of us to fit comfortably. The hot water supply was ample and the jets powerful. The control unit on the tub is frustrating to use and needs some maintenance or replacement. Since it was already after 6pm my wife and I decided to eat at the hotel. We seated ourselves near the bar and the bartender (give major props to Liz) brought us our menus. I tried to order the Filet Mignon but was informed they don't actually carry that anymore and I could get a NY strip instead (REALLY? a strip?). I reluctantly ordered surf and turf which came with, you guessed it, a strip steak and shrimp. The steak was tough, flavorless and I had to cover it in A-1. The shrimp tasted old. The potatoes were dry and the broccoli was cold. In all it was the worst $77 meal I've ever had. If you are looking for a good meal, there are plenty of options near the hotel, even some that aren't in the casino, so I recommend eating elsewhere. Back to the room, around 2 am the occupents of the room next to us returned probably from the casino and were making a lot of noise. Talking and laughing loudly, banging things around. I called the front desk and informed them the room next to us was violating the hotel noise policy. They said they would send security up but instead just called on the phone and asked them to be quiet. The occupents dismissed the warning and continued their loud behavior, even loudly proclaiming their anger that someone complained about them. I called again after about ten minutes and this time I think the hotel actually sent security up because the noise stopped shortly after. The next morning we had breakfast, which wasn't that bad, but how hard is it to make omelets? We had a couples massage which was ok but if your looking for a good spa experience, go somewhere else like the Red Door Spa at Mystic Marriot. This "spa" was more like a couple of rooms where they give massages, manicures and pedicures. The Starbucks kiosk is a nice touch as we enjoyed our favorite beverages on our way out. It's possible I will stay here again because we were promised a free room upgrade on our next stay but it will only be as a place to sleep and get a coffee in the morning (and to see Liz the bartender). Asside from the cleanliness of the room the only thing keeping this hotel from being a complete bust is the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. Overall I would not recommend staying here. I think this hotel benefits only from it's proximity to the casino. If not for that it would have been shut down a long time ago. They need to put the focus back on the hotel itself and stop relying on the casino as a crutch to keep it going. Either that or reduce the rates.

4 Thank Rick H
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Bellissimo and for taking the time to share feedback from your stay. Thank you for your many positive comments about the aspects of your stay which you enjoyed. I apologize that there were also some aspects of your visit that did not meet your expectations. While the décor of our hotel is not the preference of everyone, many guests enjoy the ambiance created by our Italian-themed lobby and guest rooms. Any maintenance concerns are addressed as soon as they come to our attention. I would also like to apologize that noise from other guests disturbed you during your visit. I’m glad to know that our security was able to eliminate the noise within a short time frame. I was sorry to see that the Bistro did not meet your expectations in terms of your dinner, but glad to know that your breakfast was satisfactory. Please be assured that your concerns will be addressed appropriately.

Thank you once again for your feedback and feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any future assistance.

holtsville ny
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel was extremely comfortable. Our room has an oversized Jacuzzi and memory foam mattress. The hotel offered a limo service to foxwoods and was about 20 min away from Mohegan Sun. The room service menu was lengthy with late hours, and there was a small Starbucks kiosk in the lobby. Definitely a great value!

• Stayed March 2014
New Bedford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My husband and I stayed there on a Saturday nite. The worst hotel ever for paying $269.09. They actually made me sign a paper about no noise and only if they followed their own rules and regulations on it. We went back to our room at 1:30 am and the people next to us had at least 6 people in their room yelling and screaming, I finally called the desk at 3:30 am because I had enough security did not come up till after 4:00am and once they left the loudness continued. I would never stay there again or recommend that hotel to anyone. When checking out I told the desk since we maybe got 1 hour of sleep for $269.09 and all she said was the next time you stay you can pay for a regular room and we will upgrade you. Imagine if a regular room is awful you can only imagine the noise you will hear in a suite because there will probably be 20 kids partying in 1 room. I told her you can guarantee you will not see me back here again. I feel worst cause people I know who go to foxwoods and can not get a room I tell the to go to the Bellissimo but now I will recommend the Hill Top Hotel that is 2 min away from the Bellissimo. I did call the hotel gm but sitting waiting for him to call me back. This whole hotel just might be a joke.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank carol p
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Bellissimo. I would like to begin by apologizing that noise from other guests disrupted your stay. Thankfully I was able to confirm that the General Manager did contact you the morning after your checkout and was able to personally discuss your concerns with you. While the policies in place often prevent noise issues and definitely limit the number of guests registered to a room, there are unfortunate instances where guest noise can become an issue. We fully appreciate the inconvenience of having to call the desk regarding a noise issue, but we do ask that, if any guests are disturbed by noise, they notify us in order to allow us to pinpoint noise issues and eliminate them as soon as possible. Often when noise disturbances are not identified immediately the concern becomes magnified for those disturbed.

Combined with your conversation with the General Manager, I trust that this helps to explain the procedures in place. Should you need any further assistance, feel free to contact me directly.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Stonington
Two Trees Inn
Two Trees Inn
#4 of 4 in Mashantucket
La Quinta Inn & Suites Stonington

Been to Bellissimo Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!