“Inexpensive and well worth it.”

Bellissimo Grande Hotel
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I was going to a wine dinner at Foxwoods and choose to stay at Bellissimo. It was a good choice. The hotel is very beautiful and clean. The room was a standard room. The only down side was that the bed was old and the toilet flushing was LOUD. They have a shuttle to the casino that runs every 30 minutes. The staff were pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 August 2014

It was a very clean, nice hotel. We live nearby and wanted a weekend getaway. The price was reasonable. The in room spa bath was well worth it. The staff was very pleasant and the hotel itself is nearby to some great attractions and restaurants. I would highly recommend this hotel and plan on returning again.

Room Tip: Get the in room spa bath, it's well with it.
Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jackie W
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have stayed at the Bellisimo Grande four times now and each time I was impressed. Get the Jacuzzi room if possible. Clean rooms, tempurpedic beds, lovely staff and easy drive to the casinos. Also has a shuttle service for free. As a repeat customer I received $20 off each room. Great price, great location, nice pool and small lovely spa. We had a very late arrival (1:30am) and the staff was pleasant and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi rooms on first floor are spectacular
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank suitestay
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed at the Bellissimo Grande Hotel for a long weekend, along with two other couples. From the reliable shuttle service to Foxwoods, to the warm and inviting pool, to the unexpected complimentary cheese/cracker plate, our stay proved to be enjoyable, and absolutely, hassle-free.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The grounds and lobby are very nice. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were nice, but showing age. Basically clean and comfortable, but the bathroom in particular really needs a renovation. Floor tiles were cracked and replaced with different color tiles. Shower was a small stall. Otherwise not a bad place, especially for the price.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jkontop
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Bellissimo Grande and for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad to see that your experience with our staff met and exceeded expectations, as did our carefully maintained grounds and lobby. I apologize that the bathroom failed to meet expectations. We are currently in the process of updating tiles in the rooms, certainly including the room in which you stayed. Other updates that have been recently completed include new shuttle vehicles as well as all new linens throughout the property. Should you desire a full tub shower we do offer this in all of our ground floor standard rooms. Once again, thank you for your feedback as we continue to strive for the best guest experience and actively seek to maintain the excellent standards in place since our hotel’s inception. Please feel free to contact me if I can provide any further assistance!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Booked thru AAA Travel rate for Sicilian Suites was $129 a night before tax. To my surprise after later checked the Bellissimo site that same room was $89.00 a night and for $119.00 I could have had a Venetian Suite (upgraded room). I guess it was my fault in thinking that using an agency such as AAA to book a room would at least get me the same price at the hotel site although I could accept $10 or $20 dollars more but $40 more really? On a positive note the shuttle service to Foxwoods was nice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Walter M

Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Bellissimo Grande. I am glad you enjoyed the convenient, complimentary shuttle service to Foxwoods during your visit! I apologize that your concern regarding rate structure negatively overshadowed your stay. We do always encourage guests to book directly in order to guarantee the best possible discounted rate as well as allow for greater convenience and flexibility with the reservation. That being said, a disparity of the magnitude you mentioned is highly untypical. One possibility might be that when you looked at rates on our website subsequent to your visit, the rate structures showing were our typical weeknight rates which do start at $89 on all websites. This would be higher than what sounds like a Friday night rate structure on your visit to the hotel, which would typically be in the $109-129 range depending on the weekend. Hopefully this helps to clarify the concern. Please feel free to contact me if I can provide any further clarification or personally assist in any way with a direct booking in the future!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This was our THIRD stay at the Bellissimo Grande.My husband and I stayed overnight on 8/1/14 a Friday night celebrating our 15th Wedding Anniversary. We have stayed in the Venetian Room with King bed and jacuzzi tub and our second and past stay booked a Presidential Suite. The Staff is friendly and their on site Bar and Food Bistro is reasonable. For the THIRD time our room,bathroom,jacuzzi tub and bed linens were VERY CLEAN! The rooms smell fresh.There are plenty of towels and two comfy cotton robes which like the bed linens are WHITE not dingy or worn out. The AC units work efficiently and the ceiling fans were never dusty. We had spent the day at the beach in Narragansett and the drive to the Bellissimo was @ 40 minutes. As return customers we were offered when making the reservation $20 off or a bottle of Champagne which we chose and found ice cold in rooms mini fridge with two sparkling champagne glasses.After relaxing in the jacuzzi tub sipping my champagne I felt like a Queen! We always go to Foxwoods Casino for an hour or two and love that this hotel offers free Limo Service every 15 minutes to and from Casino which is @10 minutes away. We have stayed at the on site Casino hotels....paid 3 times more than the price of the Bellissimo ......and found that just because those rooms have gold shiny fixtures......those rooms are no better than The Bellissimo Grande!! The Manager and Owner take pride in their Hotel and I let them both know today via email what an excellent job the housekeeping staff does and should be commended. They emailed me back within an hour and told me how much they appreciated my positive feedback and that they would indeed inform the staff about our email. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE BELLISSIMO GRANDE*****

Room Tip: We prefer the rooms facing back of hotel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JazzyJackie

Valued Guest,

Thank you for your return visit to our hotel and your extremely complimentary remarks regarding every aspect of your stay. It is truly gratifying to know that you have received a consistently excellent experience in your multiple visits to the property and we greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback for the benefit of future guests! We look forward to your next visit - please feel free to contact me if I can be of any personal assistance!

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Stonington
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
#2 of 4 in Uncasville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Stonington

Been to Bellissimo Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!