“Best steak in Fairfield County? Maybe!”

BlackStones Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
BlackStones Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 391 Restaurants in Norwalk
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Wilton, Connecticut
“Best steak in Fairfield County? Maybe!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Went to Blackstone's for a birthday celebration with friends and family. Second time at this true NY style steakhouse restaurant, and the food was once again superb. Dark and anointed with oil paintings of cows, red velvet seat covers and tables of men in golf clothes makes it feel like the real McCoy, if it weren't for the tables with lots of kids, which is strange for a steakhouse, but not annoying. The service was quite a bit slower this time, but it was worth the wait. Hubby and I both had the scallop/shrimp appetizer special, which was fantastic--lovely sauce and served on a bed of spinach. Son had the tomato basil salad, and said that the tomatoes were wonderfully flavorful. Blackstone's serves this dish with onions, not my preference, but I didn't order it. Iceberg lettuce with blue cheese got rave reviews from the friend.
Then comes...the STEAK. It's a true occasion at Blackstones. They parade these succulent gems out on carts, and you just start hoping against hope that it's your turn, only to be faked out by the aroma that passes you by to another table. And then...it arrives.
Two massive ribeyes that were cooked to perfection, and two filets (one petite, one not so much) that commanded the same attention. The light seasoning and charring on the outside is mouth-watering and if you love a good steak, this is heaven. They were done to perfection. Don't miss the creamed spinach either. We savored every bite, conversation waned as we took in the art that is a Blackstone's ribeye or filet. They even have a porterhouse that serves 4. Yup, that's right--a single piece of beef that will serve an entire family. At $44 a piece, that's almost a $200 cut, but it must be something.
Dessert was light and simple after a big meal--lemon sorbet, and a slice carrot cake for the table. We had limited alcohol (1 red wine and 1 beer) and three large bottles of sparkling water and the total bill with tip came to almost $400. A real treat for a special occasion!

• Visited June 2014

Norwalk, Connecticut
“Great service and food, but very expensive”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

You won't eat very often at Blackstones and when you do, you won't get out with much left in your wallet. However, the service and the food are excellent. The restaurant is strangely situated in a small plaza, but it is very nice inside. I recommend it if you can afford it.

• Visited April 2014
Stamford, Connecticut
“Great Steakhouse!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Last week my family and I celebrated my graduation and went to Blackstone. We started with the sizzling Canadian bacon and Oysters Rockefeller. Both appetizers were delicious! For an entree my mom ordered the filet mignion which juicy and cooked to perfection. My dad ordered the porterhouse steak and I had the prime aged New York strip, both were excellent! The friendly and attentive service along with the great food made for a pleasurable dinning experience. I highly recommend Blackstone and we will be returning soon!

• Visited May 2014
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Best Steak in CT”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My boyfriend and I were here last night and had a wonderful experience. Our waiter was friendly, attentive, and knowledgable about the menu. We started off ordering the fried calamari and tuna tartare for an appetizer and both were prepared "just right." For an entree, we ordered the porterhouse steak for two, which was recommended to us by our waiter. It came out on a sizzling platter and was cooked exactly as requested. I have been to other steakhouses in CT and none of them compare to the porterhouse at Blackstone. We also had the hash browns and creamed spinach with it which were absolutely delicious. I would definitely go back here again and highly recommend it!

• Visited May 2014
Milford, Connecticut
“Very Good Steakhouse”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We came here to celebrate my Significant Other's birthday. She is a steak and wine connoisseur, and was thrilled with this new discovery. Nice Delmonicos-like decor, very good wine list, superb beef perfectly cooked, and attentive but not obtrusive service made for a very good experience. Definitely worth our traveling several miles to get to, and we look forward to coming back. Only negative, and slight at that, is the surprising amount of noise coming from the unseen bar.

• Visited April 2014