“Ok to stay for hurricaine”

Red Carpet Inn Norwalk
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Norwalk
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Only hotel I found that reservations & would take a dog in CT. Had only 1 king bed and sleeper sofa room. The lamps were dusty & behind furiture. Sofa wbed in it not very
comfortable. Shower faucet needed & good scrubbing & toilet a new seat that fit. Sheet were ok quality. Pillows flattened but we brought our own anyway. Carpets & floor needed a good cleaning. My dog was even dirty from them & sticky. Staff was very friendly & had good coffee. Free breakfast was decent. Has lovely neighbors in the rooms next & above us. It wasnt the best place I've ever stayed but it was a place to sleep & had electricity through the storm. Was def. ok for the price. Did not see any evidence of bugs in my room.

Room Tip: stay on first floor. no elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sprinklsprinkl

Reviewed 5 November 2012

My 88 year-old mother was displaced by the recent Hurricane Sandy. She ended up staying at the Norwalk Econolodge for 6 nights until her power returned. The friendly staff was very helpful in arranging a room for her with a senior discount. She was very comfortable and the heater worked great. The beds were clean and mattresses appeared new.. Microwave and fridge helped her eat economically. It was a quiet and clean motel filled with contractors and others without power at home. She states the continental breakfast waffles and OJ were great. Also NO bugs whatsoever and the room was cleaned everyday. Thanks to both Nirali and Vipal and everyone else there for their outstanding service.

Room Tip: They offer "smoking" and "non-smoking" rooms. Be sure to ask.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul A
Reviewed 11 October 2012

In town for 5 nights, needed a pet friendly hotel with an affordable rate. This met our needs perfectly. Clean and comfortable. Quiet. NO bugs! Makes me think negative postings are from competitors. Sofa and comfy easy chair were nice additions to standartd hotel furnishings. Friendly, accommodating staff. We would stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank linwdtsf
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We were a group of 8 it was mid Sept 2012 and we booked and paid for our rooms in advance. Later someone noticed all these horrible reviews. We were so scared, we were ready to cancel. I called and had a very nice conversation with the manager and I expressed my concern. He was so nice, he assured me that we would have a nice room and if we were not satisfied, we could have our pick of rooms. I am sooooo glad we went, we had three very nice and clean rooms, They were so polite and accommodating, we stayed two nights and enjoyed our stay. We travel 3 -4 times yr. I always pack one bag with cleaning supplies in my travels, but this time I did not have to use any of my supplies. I have been in more expensive places and have had to clean, but I didn't have to with this hotel. emf

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank emf145
Reviewed 18 July 2012

But as long as owner got his $80 for the room who cares what happens. He knew of the bugs and just let us pay and be bitten all night long. Dishonest, deceptive, greedy and disgusting owner.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank jeffnewman28208
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We needed to stay at a place near JFK just for the night. The price was right and trhe rooms had 2 king size beds. Not he cleanest...but it was ok.
Unfortunately, the next day one of my sisters discovered a bug crawling on the bed. She captured in an empty coffee cup and we went to the front desk.
The guy at the desk, (Baski was the only name he would give us), told us there was nothing he could do and told us we should have told him when we checked in!(before we saw it!)
Then he accused us of bringing the bug there ourselves. When we insisted to see the manager for better service, he threatened to call the police. He told us that he had a device that would tell the police that we left drugs in the room.
Later , he approaches my brother in law and tells him he is aware of a bug problem, but he was scared of the owner because the owner was in the mob!!! It was insult to injury!!!
The service they provided to us after we discovered a problem was horrific. I can't believe someone would conduct their business and treat the customers like this and expect to stay in business!!!!
The price was decent...BUT it is not worth it We can only pray that we did not take bedbugs home with us. Some of my family have thrown out their luggage and clothing as a precaution.
I know customer service has gone down hill...but I have never had a hotel staff threaten to plant drugs in my room !!! Unbelievable.
P.s. I am related to ravenmona52

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank gayle r
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Was looking for one night stay for reasonable price. Worst hotel experience ever!! The room on first glance was fine. It went horribly down hill from there. The bathtub was stained. The next morning on leaving, my sister noticed a bug crawling on the bed. She caught it in a cup and took it to the clerk behind the desk to alert them of the problem and maybe get a discount on our stay. Not only didn't we get a discount but we were insulted and told we must have brought them with us! The clerk then went on to say his "bed bug" expert on staff, and pointed to a closed door he said was the "expert's office", told him we brought the bugs there. When we asked to speak to the bedbug expert, the clerk said he couldn't bother him. After several minutes of arguing with the clerk, a man with a mop came out of the "bedbug" expert office-- it was a bathroom!! When we demanded to speak to a manager, the clerk threatened to call the police if we didn't leave and tell them we left drugs in the room!! He was threatening to frame us!! Later, he pulled my brother-in-law aside and said he had called the owner who had "ties to the mafia" and he was afraid he had upset him! I know this sounds bizarre but believe me it happened!! STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ravenmona52
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
The Norwalk Inn & Conference Center
8 mi away
Hotel Hi-Ho
Hotel Hi-Ho
#2 of 3 in Fairfield

Been to Red Carpet Inn Norwalk? Share your experiences!