“Great for one night”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Norwalk
NJ/NY
“Great for one night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Had to stay here for one night since the Ms. Had to take her boards early in the morning. Stayed very close to the testing center to avoid the morning travel. The hotel is located right on a main road which is really convenient. I got us a king bed non smoking room. This place is not the Marriott, but it's a very decent hotel for a night or two. The guy at the desk was nice, let us have an extra hour and a half just for asking about late check out. The room was very very clean, I can't complain about anything room wise. The only reason I didn't give the place five stars is because the free wi-fi from our room was TERRIBLE. really annoying log in process only to get kicked off, sometimes we couldn't even find one of their 10 wifis to log in to. Ended up spending a few hours at a Panera Bread for the WIFI there.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JP M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Rowlett, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I needed a hotel in this general vicinity but didn't want to pay the going rate for a room in this area, so I decided to redeem Choice Privileges frequent guest points for this stay. When booking, I was offered a choice of rooms - all at the same redemption level - and chose the jacuzzi "suite". From the standpoint of an award stay, this was a decent stay, since the redemption covered all charges, and I did not have to deal with some of the problems that others have reported in their reviews. Overall, my stay was decent, and the staff that I dealt with for check-in and check-out were pleasant and efficient.

The room itself was rather large. While it did show signs of age, it was clean, and the furnishings were in decent repair. The bed was large and comfortable. The room had a microwave, small fridge, and, as noted earlier, a large jacuzzi tub. The internet connection worked just fine.

I decided to try the jacuzzi, which was large and deep, and while the tub itself worked well, it took what seemed forever to fill it with water. The reason was that the spigot was one of those water-saving spigots, that diminishes the flow of water, and to fill a tub of this size to the level required to operate the jet streams took in excess of 15 minutes - probably closer to 20. That was the only problem, however; everything else worked fine. I was able to get a comfortable soaking in the tub and a good night's sleep in the bed.

Overall, the stay met expectations. I would stay here again using rewards points.

Room Tip: If redeeming points, no reason not to choose the jacuzzi suite unless you need 2 beds.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank step12dude
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We have occasionally stayed here as a cheap alternative to NYC hotels (taking train from Stamford). Each time, I found it tolerable. This last time, was enough. The bed linen is old and seemingly dirty. When we checked out, there was a $3 charge for the safe. which we used but we were not told of a charge. Noise from neighbor rooms is also a problem. You can hear every word that is said.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank James M

Travellers are raving about these Norwalk hotels

Hermitage, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Just wanted to let you know this was one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in! We didn't have a choice but to accept a smoking room but the bed cover, blanket & sheets all had burn holes in them; the arm on the couch had huge holes with the stuffing coming out; the living room curtains weren't all fully connected (parts of the right side were off the track & therefore, couldn't fully close; the bathroom floor corners hadn't been vacuumed or cleaned in a long, long time; there were lots of cracks in the bathroom walls & floors; the toilet seat didn't fit the toilet bowl (it was smaller!). I didn't feel comfortable in there at all. I would NEVER recommend this facility to anyone I know! Simply, a horrible experience!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Bea E
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

When we checked out, I saw room safe charges on the bill, as often happens. Usually, when I ask for the charges be removed because we didn't use it, they are. This time, they printed a receipt removing the charges, but did not adjust my credit card bill. Fortunately, my card corrected it because the small difference was not worth dispute.

I mention this because, if this is happening to other customers, it is fraudulent. If the proprietor or Econo Lodge sees this review, I hope they will correct this problem. The cleanliness of the breakfast area could be improved also.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Norwalk, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

after reading reviews my fiance and I were nervous to stay here but we needed a place at the last minute so we chanced it. turned out that the place was very nice for a motel. the room was large with a king sized bed, tv with sufficient ammount of channels, fridge, microwave, and even a safe for out valuables. the staff at the front desk was very friendly and I promised the woman I'd write a review for them. They served a continental breakfast(which we didnt get to enjoy due to being lazy) but when I went into the office area where it had been served I was able to see all the things they served and I most certainly wont pass it up next time. The bed was 100% clean(I double and triple checked ever cover for bugs when we first got there before putting any of our belongings down). the bathroom was clean aswell which was surprising. All in all a very convienent stay for a very good price :)

Room Tip: room 123 is a great room, 1st floor. :)
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kayla c
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

We left a wallet with cash and credit cards in it, in our room when we checked out. We realized it many hours later. After frantically searching our car and luggage we called the hotel to see if we had left it there. What a relief to hear the manager tell us they had found it! We picked it up and found all contents in it. How wonderful to know there is honest staff working in hotels these days. They are a credit to themselves and their management. Our thanks to them all.
On another note, they served wonderful strong Douwe Egberts Coffee in the breakfast room.

Room Tip: Foyer and breakfast area are heavily used. Hotel rooms are much cleaner.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple