“Excellent Service”

Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Norwalk
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We were in Norwalk for a wedding, and stayed at the Hilton as part of a wedding package. The rates were very reasonable as part of a package deal and included breakfast.

The accommodations were exactly what you would expect from Hilton; very clean and comfortable. The amenities included a pool, exercise room, wi-fi, business center - all clean and well maintained. The food was very good; breakfast was buffet style and included scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, fresh waffles, cereals, a variety of diced fresh fruits, made to order omelets, and more.

I think the thing that stands out for me the most is the quality of service. The staff was very accommodating, and practiced a level of pro-active service that I find uncommon today. For example; while standing in the lobby waiting for me to get the car, my daughter mentioned to my wife that she was thirsty. Apparently, the concierge overheard this, and instead of simply pointing out the nicely arranged courtesy station that included cold water (as well as lemon water, hot water, teas, decaf and regular coffees) the concierge gave my wife a cold bottle of water, "for the road." In my short stay here, there were several other instances of exceptional service. I would say that in my experience, the service here is outstanding.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We were here for two nights and were quite pleased. I had first looked at hotels in Stamford and found this hotel a much better bargain, especially with our stay including breakfast. First, the location was convenient to main roads. The lobby decor was quirky-picturesque, and you can't go wrong with cookies and lemon-infused water close by. Our room was clean, furnished nicely, and very comfortable (turns out the beds are adjustable Sleep Number beds). Special mention must be made of the staff, who were universally helpful and competent, especially the night crew who were exceptional. This hotel obviously has good management. We enjoyed the convenience of dinners and breakfasts at the restaurant, and I had the best chocolate-croissant of my life here. It is a nice touch to have a cook available to prepare eggs and omelets to order. The only thing I would change is that the eggs had an odd flavor, possibly due to not using fresh eggs, an omelet pan, and butter which would have made a world of difference. Other than that, the food was quite good and we would happily stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Had business in the Norwalk area and choose this hotel. Hotel is convenient to many area towns and to the inter-state. Restaurant served an excellent breakfast. Hotel is clean and the staff very helpful if you want to find a local restaurant. Their suggestion was excellent and they will take you and pick you up. Highly recommend this hotel if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I really enjoy the Hilton brand of hotels. Always a great night's sleep. Desk attendants at this location were exceptional and eager to help. Restaurant service, however was shockingly lacking. One server ran around trying to assist a dining room that remained at least 1/2 full as late as 10p. Not surprisingly, service was slow. Painfully slow. And the temp in the eating area was downright frigid. As this was my only complaint with this location, I'm still willing to rate it as "Very Good" they may simply have been short-staffed in the restaurant that night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The room was nice and clean. The staff was pleasantly friendly and helpful. Would stay there again. The location was very central and convenient to everything in Norwalk, New London, and Mystic. It was easy to get to from I-95.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2013

By far the nicest hotel in the area. Impressive from the moment you walk in the front door. Our room was large and comfortable. It was a very warm weekend in Norwalk and the A/C in the room worked flawlessly. In our 2 days in the area, I was always glad to be back in the comfort of our room. Our room was very quiet despite facing the busy roadway and I didn't realize til our final day that the soft sound of the A/C fan was just enough to keep out the street noise. The room (and entire hotel) were spotlessly clean -- I'm quite meticulous about this and it's something I take note of right away. The management of this hotel clearly cares about customer service, cleanliness and comfort. We purchased the Bed and Breakfast package and were pleased that we did so. Breakfast selection was plentiful with eggs made to order. Coffee was soooooo good which can be a challenge for those of us who drink decaf. My only very slight complaint was the bed. It had a mechanism on both sides to control the firmess/softness of the mattress. Perhaps ours wasn't working but I found no difference whether the dial was turned either way -- and I did follow the instructions. It was slightly uncomfortable for me but hubby said it was his best night's sleep in ages -- so there you go! Overall, we will absolutely return to this hotel. As an FYI -- be absolutely certain to include a visit to Stew Leonard's while you are in Norwalk!

Room Tip: Our room was far from the front desk area - a long walk. That being said, it was SO quiet!! Perfec...