“Best tasting Indian food in SW CT”

Saffron Indian Cuisine
Ranked #28 of 391 Restaurants in Norwalk
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Stamford, Connecticut
“Best tasting Indian food in SW CT”
Reviewed 17 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is easily the best tasting Indian food around the Stamford, Greenwich and Norwalk area. The ambience isn't that great - it's a pretty small place - but the food is pretty authentic and tastes good. The lady owner is very nice to talk to and her suggestions are very good as well.

Visited November 2013
10 Thank FunnyLion

Stamford, Connecticut
“Good food”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I would say one of the best indian restaurants i have been in the US. Not too greasy yet tasty
This place give a homely feeling.Reasonably priced -
They get 4/5 stars due to slow service .
try their paneer lababdar, chicken tikka(appetizer), Dal(lentil) . Lassi

• Visited October 2013
13 Thank Sachin M
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Most authentic Indian food I've found in the US so far”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I was so excited to read the menu at Saffron. I saw items that I have not been able to find in the US. The fresh lime soda (sweet) reminded me of one of my favorite restaurants in India. It was like a dream! The husband and wife team who run Saffron said they want to make it as authentic as they can. We talked about food preparation and it is clear how much they really care. Every item is made with love, not made to suit the American pallet or trends.
They have some coupons on the paper takeout menu, some buffet specials and also some meal deal specials. I was shocked to find out that they deliver as well! I can't wait to take them up on that!

I was worried about the atmosphere since it is in a little strip-mall, kind of a strange location. The curtains, decor and 2 fountains blocked the street noise and completely transported me. I forgot I was steps away from Westport Avenue. The parking lot is small, but since the other stores are closed at night, there is no trouble finding a space. The bathroom was large and very clean. The restaurant itself was spotless. Lovely music played in the background, but not too loudly. It was so pleasant!

All of the food was excellent! I loved the huge portion of the menu that is vegetarian. There is plenty on there for meat eaters as well. Appetizers and desserts are not only authentic, but not the ones you normally see at an Indian restaurant in the US. (example - Jalebi!)
I will absolutely be returning to this restaurant for meals, the buffet and placing orders for delivery. I had very low expectations going in, but they blew me away with their service, attention to detail and amazing food.

• Visited August 2013
31 Thank M S
STT
“Great Indian Food”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Great food. We told the waiter that we were not sure what to order and shortyly thereafter, the owner came out to explain the menu. She was very gracious. Excellent meal. Great service. All food made fresh. I am not a lamb fan but my husband had lamb as an appetizer, lamb as an entrée and went back the following day to have lamb for take out lunch! We'll be back.

• Visited July 2013
9 Thank divestt
New York City, New York
“Tasty North Indian food, reminds me of the restaurants of Delhi/Punjab in India!”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I love this restaurant! I've been going to this place for so many months now and I never tire of it. It reminds me of the food you can get in a fine restaurant in Delhi/Punjab in India, hence it's a true PUNJABI Food!

They also deliver so it makes it easy on day when you want to enjoy the food not at your home with your friends & family. The best part is owners & chef are so involved they really take care of all patrons. A definitely a Gem!

• Visited June 2013
12 Thank Amit R

Been to Saffron Indian Cuisine? Share your experiences!