“Perfect for kids”

The Maritime Aquarium
Ranked #2 of 22 things to do in Norwalk
More attraction details
Owner description: Awarded the 2018 Certificate of Excellence by Trip Advisor. The Maritime Aquarium inspires people of all ages to appreciate Long Island Sound and protect it for future generations.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

To me this aquarium is perfect when you have little kids. They have a few interactive areas to touch jelly fish, rays, crabs, shell fish etc. Plus, sea lion shows, gigiant turtles, 4-6 sharks, octopus, jelly fish exhibits, etc. It's smaller than most of aquariums in big cities, but it's perfect to spend a couple of hours with small kids. We go there all the time and see different things when we go.

All reviews
in 23 reviews
"kids love"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

My friend brought me here for my birthday. Just as an FYI, parking is in a parking garage across the street. The aquarium is 2 floors, and had many exhibits. There is also an IMAX theatre where you can pick a show to watch. We picked the Panda show, and it was about a 40 min show. There is also a cafeteria for food and snacks, and a large gift shop. They also have an area for kids that is like a stuffed animal hospital where they go and cure “ ill and injured” stuffed animals. It was a fun afternoon. My favorite was the giant Octopus. Would definitely consider visiting again

1  Thank Sheryl F
Reviewed 14 September 2018

Loved this place. The Sharks were impressive and I was glad they were on the other side of think glass.

The feeding of the seals was another highlight.

Lots to see but was confused by the Meerkats in an Aquarium!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

The Maritime Aquarium is one of my favorite places to go especially with the little ones. They would never get bored,even I was excited I wanted make sure we went down isle,every corner to make sure we didn't miss a thing