“Loved Hotel Zero”

Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Norwalk
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We went to CT to visit family and decided to stay at the Hotel Zero in Norwalk. They were offering great rates and the pictures looked wonderful. The hotel was everything we were hoping for - beautiful, sleek and very sophisticated looking! Decorated beautifully for the holidays. Loved the Keurig coffeemaker too. The people were very helpful and friendly as well. Would definitely recommend this place to others and stay here again. Unfortunately, we didn't get to try the restaurant but saw that it got great reviews as well. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Pick a room on the back side of the hotel where it is quieter than the main avenue.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Carolinagirl518,

I appreciate you posting such a wonderful review about us. Thank you for choosing Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk while in the area to visit family! I am pleased to know that your stay with us was both memorable and enjoyable. From our modern design, to our festive holiday décor and hospitable staff. Thank you for spreading the good word about us and we definitely hope to see you again in the New Year. May you have a bright and prosperous 2014.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I bought this room through Priceline, using three and a half stars as a parameter. I normally get the Doubletree up the street which we love. It has a pool, great breakfast, clean comfortable rooms, great staff and generally perfect for our needs. My wife and I travel to CT with three kids and the layout at the Doubletree works for us. In this case, Priceline came back with a great rate for Hotel Zero Degrees. At first glance when you pull up it looks like a 60's motel layout but it is impeccably redecorated and refurnished. It really is attractive and the rooms are large and spacious. The showers are huge with great shower heads and lots of water pressure. The bathrooms are clean and well appointed and the bedrooms are perfect. We had two double beds, I would guess they are doubles, definitely not queen size. They had a Keurig coffee maker, a big TV, nice desk and workspace and plenty of closet space. All in all, the room was exactly what we look for. Except for one big thing. They went cheap on the sheets; the kind that make noise when you move around in bed. They were clean, pressed, looked good, but they were incredible cheap feeling and uncomfortable. It ruined the whole experience. I can't say another bad word about the place. If the owners are reading this, you're almost there!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Eglzfn,

Thank you for taking a moment to post this review about us. I am happy to hear that we were a pleasant surprise offering beautifully decorated public spaces, well-appointed, clean guest rooms and bathrooms with all the necessary amenities a traveler would need. I am sorry to hear that our sheets were not too your liking. We use the same thread-count as we do in our flagship Stamford location and have gotten usually good feedback about them. Nevertheless I will be sure to bring it to the owners attention. Apart from that it seems that we met if not exceeded your expectations across the board. We wish you safe travels and all the best for the New Year.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

stayed here last week for 3 nights. My husband was in town for some business and I decided to tag along. Must say pleasantly surprised with this new hotel. Well designed, great holiday decorations ( I wanted to take the tree with me), clean rooms and helpful staff. We stayed in the suite overlooking the waterfall… it was the best thing to wake up to. Yes there is a train which made me jump the first time it came through but after it wasn’t too bad. One minor fault happened a morning my husband went to shower but the water was lukewarm we called the front desk they apologized and said they were aware and had someone was working on it. Shortly after it all hot, what really had us is when my husband came back from work he said the manager had called to personally apologize. That was very thoughtful of him and a nice touch. We're looking forward to returning during our next visit to the East Coast!

Room Tip: Room overlooking the waterfall.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Citygirl2121,

Thank you for taking a moment to post such a wonderful review about us. It was our pleasure to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. My apologies for the faux pas with the hot water that morning. I appreciate your patience and understanding especially when we called to personally apologize. Thank you for choosing Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk we hope to see you both again in the New Year.

Best,

Reviewed 16 December 2013

This hotel was excellent. The staff was incredibly helpful, and the amenities were excellent. The hotel's modern, clean design is interesting, and the rooms are nicely done. I would also highly recommend the nearby Maritime Aquarium. It's a real gem.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Jim H,

On behalf of the team and I, Thank You for such this excellent review. It is always a pleasure to hear when guests had such a wonderful stay with us from our helpful staff, to our modern design, clean and comfortable rooms. The Maritime Aquarium is also a great attraction in Norwalk as well and we partner with them. Safe travels and we hope to see you again in the near future! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Tastefully modern, friendly staff, fabulous restaurant, lovely setting next to river, comfy beds, big rooms, bfast buffet, flat screen tv. This was a happy stop for my 13 year old a me during snow storm. We dont want to go home! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear Susalcarp,
I appreciate you posting such a great review about us. It is good to know that we were a such an enjoyable detour for you and your 13 year old during the snow storm this weekend. I am pleased to know that your entire stay was seamless and comfortable! By all means no need to rush home…feel free to stay a while! Thank you for recommending us, safe travels and have a Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I was suprised at the feel of the hotel. Ultra modern, new, great rooms. There was every amenity that i needed for my weekend stay (Dec 6-8, 2013). I enjoyed a drink at a very well appointed lounge (couldn't try the resturant this trip but from all reports from the patrons, it was fabulous) and was offered a nice selection of wine. I worked out in a small but very well equipped fitness center that is open 24/7 that had TV's to watch a game, music and climate control. The rooms were great with a swivel flat screen and a plush King size bed.
Printed off boarding passes in the lobby (two apple computers with printers)
Staff was friendly, easy to get to whether you are getting off 95 or the Merrit.
I would certainly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: I never like being close to the elevator at any hotel. I overlooked the back wooded area.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear TennisTravel0007,

Thank you for taking a moment to post such a wonderful review about us. It is good to know that you found our hotel to be everything you expected and more. Our convenient location, modern décor, comfortable rooms and friendly staff makes for an overall enjoyable stay. Thank you for spreading the good word about Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk. We hope to welcome you again in the near future. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

For the area, the price was very reasonable. The hotel was clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint was the elevator system. It was difficult to figure out how to work at first. There needs to be instructions.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear AleizaD,

I appreciate you posting such a wonderful review about us. We strive to be the best value for money in Norwalk offering clean, comfortable and stylish décor; helpful staff; and great amenities such as our complimentary breakfast buffet and Wi-Fi. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and apologize for any confusion with the elevator. There are signs on how to operate them with the key card posted right above the card reader in each, I’m sorry it took a bit of getting used to. Hopefully on your return visit you will be a pro! We look forward to seeing you again. Happy Holiday!

Tim Simpson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
EVEN Hotel Norwalk
Hotel Zero Degrees
Hotel Zero Degrees
#4 of 14 in Stamford
The Norwalk Inn & Conference Center

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk? Share your experiences!