“Great place to stay in Norwalk!”

Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Norwalk
knoxville, tn
“Great place to stay in Norwalk!”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I recently stayed at the Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk and it was wonderful! The rooms are beautiful and have everything you could want (flat screen TV, Keurig coffee maker, iPod docking station, etc.). The staff is incredibly nice and helpful. They always greet you when you enter or leave the hotel. There is good security, with keys required to use the elevator. The restaurant is spectacular and the area is great in terms of shopping and dining. I would definitely stay here again and will look forward to it! It's a great place to stay, particularly if you're looking for something different from the regular chain hotels. It's a real boutique!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel overlook a quaint river and waterfall.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Castadiva52,
I appreciate you posting this wonderful review about your recent stay. I am absolutely delighted to know that we not only met but exceeded your expectations. We make it a priority to ensure our guest feel safe, comfortable and relaxed during their stay with us. Our team places a great deal of emphasis on guest experience and go out of their way to greet everyone walking through our doors. I am glad you noticed and appreciated this little gesture. Again many thanks for spreading the good word about Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Tim Simpson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York, United States
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My wife and I decided that we wanted a quick getaway and did not want to travel far. I found Hotel Zero Degrees and decided that it would be a nice change from the Hyatt's/ Hilton's of the world, boy was I right. Upon, check-in we were upgraded to a king room and met with a friendly smile. Our room was nicely furnished, decently sized, and had excellent water pressure in the shower. The hot breakfasts in the morning were a nice touch and my wife enjoyed the Starbucks coffee. Overall, we were very happy with our experience and look forward to coming back for another weekend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dmitry177
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Dmitry177,
Thank you for taking a moment to post this wonderful review about us. We are thrilled to have been a welcomed change from the usual hotel offerings. We take pride in creating a great guest experience and seemed that we did just that for you and your wife. From the complimentary upgrade to the warm welcome, clean room and delicious breakfast buffet with Starbucks coffee it all culminated in an enjoyable stay. We certainly look forward to welcoming you once more for another excellent weekend!

Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We just stayed at this hotel and were pleased overall with the hotel. The room was good, the staff friendly and helpful and the location was convenient. One major drawback was the fact that railroad tracks were right outside our room.Trains passed by a few times during the night and early morning. If you go, make sure to ask for a room on the FRONT of the building.

Room Tip: Ask for the front of the hotel - train tracks are right outside the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Philip M
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear PhilipM,
Thank you taking a moment to post this review about us. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that you found our staff helpful and friendly! Some of our guests do prefer the rooms overlooking the scenic Norwalk River and train tracks and others prefer the room facing the street. In any event we ask that you just let us know so that we can do your very best to accommodate your request and preferences. Safe travels and we hope to see you again.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 2 February 2014

extremely courteous service, helpful, friendly, room very clean, modern, spacious, great amenities.. could not have asked for a better experience. Definitely will request staying here again when attending business. Also, the restaurant manager went very much out of his way on our last night at the hotel, putting together a private set of dessert goodies for our group when we discovered the restaurant was hosting a private party and we had skipped having dessert at another venue so we could enjoy those at the hotel.. AND HE DID THIS ALL AT NO CHARGE!!! That's customer service above and beyond!!!!

Dear LisaA,
I appreciate you taking the time to post such a wonderful review about us. I am very pleased to know that your stay with us was a very pleasant and memorable one with our courteous staff going above and beyond continuously to make your stay as comofrtable as possible. That was very nice of the restaurant manager and I am glad to know it left a lasting impression. Safe travels back to Louisiana and we look forward to welcoming you once more in the near future.

Forest Hills, New York
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This is a great hotel. Beautiful decor, friendly staff and they upgraded our room at check in because they weren't full. Love the free breakfast, free parking, 24/7 Starbucks coffee for free, the rooftop terrace and the keurig machines in The rooms.

But what confused me was the woman at the front desk told me they opened 8-9 months ago, yet there was mildew in the shower grout and the mattresses were buckling and needed to be replaced. Seems odd for a new hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear JJ15951,Thank you for taking a moment to post this review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the hotel our comfortable rooms and amenities including complimentary Starbucks Coffee and warm buffet breakfast. My apologies for grout in the shower. Please note I have addressed this immediately with the entire housekeeping team as well as the Housekeeping Manager such attention to details makes the world of a difference so thank you for bringing that to our attention. As it pertains to the mattress we often get rave reviews about it and they are all newly purchased I apologize if it was not to your preference but I know for sure they are all in excellent condition. Safe travels and we hope to see you again.

Wilton, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I have an office located right down the road from Hotel Zero Degrees in Norwalk. We were impressed by their meeting space options and booked a full day meeting which included both breakfast and lunch. Unfortunately, because of the recent storm, many of our meeting attendees would not be able to attend the meeting. Additionally, our guest speaker could not make the trip as well because of airline delays and closures. Thankfully, the great folks at the hotel were able to change the date of our meeting without charging us any additional fees OR giving us a bad attitude.
I will be having all of my offsite meetings at Hotel Zero Degrees in the future!

Dear JamesP,

I appreciate you posting such a wonderful review! It was our pleasure to accommodate you and your team. We are happy to have been one less thing to worry about. We look forward to hosting many more of your meetings. Keep well.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Hello, my name is Michelle Merriwether and I am with North American Power. I stay weekly at your hotel. I just wanted to take a moment to recognize the outstanding staff you have at your hotel!

Your hotel is literally my home away from home. I reside in the Detroit, Michigan area. Your team is always so friendly, so helpful and courteous. Very cordial and they give me a feeling of family that is so important when you are on the road for business as much as I.

Adam, Maurice, Brittany, Alan, Leighann and Meghan have gone above and beyond in customer service with a smile. They are always patient and kind.

I commend you for such a wonderful atmosphere and I look forward to future stays with Hotel Zero Degrees

2 Thank Michelle W
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear MichelleW,

I genuinely appreciate you sendposting such a wonderful reveiw! Needless to say I am thrilled to hear that your thoroughly enjoy your stay with us and most importantly that the our hospitality team goes above and beyond to ensure you always feel comfortable. We place a great deal of emphasis on guest satisfaction and it is good to know you noticed and appreciated it. I will be sure to acknoweledge those you mentioned.We look forward to welcoming you for many more enjoyable stays. Safe travels!

Tim Simpson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
EVEN Hotel Norwalk
Hotel Zero Degrees
#4 of 14 in Stamford
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk
The Norwalk Inn & Conference Center

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk? Share your experiences!