“Great accommodations and friendly staff”

Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Norwalk
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Hotel Zero Degrees for a weekend in February 2014. The accommodations are amazing - clean and well appointed rooms. The special touches like reading lamps and iPhone Dock were great. The atmosphere is much more elegant than the price would suggest. The breakfast buffet is a full hot breakfast - bacon and eggs. The gym had everything I needed (water, towels, treadmill). But the best was the staff - every staff member I encountered was extremely friendly and helpful, exceeding expectations. I had a special health-related request, and the staff was more than happy to accommodate my needs. The value at this hotel is amazing - I've paid much more for far less.

Stayed: February 2014
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear KatieO,

I appreciate you posting this wonderful review about us. We aim to provide the best value and service to all our guest in an effort to not only meet but exceed their expectations. I am pleased to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that the staff went above and beyond to accommodate your health request. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you once more!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I spent Valentines night at this hotel and it was absolutely amazing. The room was fresh and clean and I loved the modern look of the room, it was very stylish and trendy. The bathroom was clean and smelled fresh as well, I felt very comfortable there.
Room came with a fridge and all the necessities you need, not to mention the fabulous scent of their body wash and lotion!
But the best part of the night was the view. We stayed at the last room on the second floor, which was facing the waterfall. It was absolutely amazing. You can hear the waterfall at night and it makes you feel like you are somewhere tropical and waking up to that view all surrounded with snow was great.
Would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Mariola88,

Thank you for taking a moment to post this great review. I am happy to hear that your stay with us made your Valentine’s day that more special! We hope to achieve comfort for all our guest whether it be in the guest room, in the public spaces or interacting with one of our team members so I am glad you experienced just that. Our Studio King room with floor to ceiling windows does offer a great view of the waterfall! We hope to see you again for another great stay hopefully in the Spring or Summer so that you can enjoy the Skytop353 lounge.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

First of all I stayed in the hotel for valentines day with my husband I enjoy it the problem was that they charge you $50 for possible damages at check in which is not a big deal the problem is that it has been almost a month and it has not been refunded to my account yet I have call many times left ms and they never return me calls I finally got to speak with supposed the manager which she was so unprofessional and rude really people if you want to relax and enjoy the stay try to stay away from this hotel is not worth it I still don't know how long or if I am going to get my money back sucks

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Anagomez1988

Dear Anagomez1988,

Thank you for taking a moment to post this review about us. My apologies that your otherwise enjoyable stay with us was marred by that incidental hold. I know you spoke with the Front Office Manager and she explained that the hold had been completely refunded on our end. We even contacted our bank and had them check the secure web portal to ensure a complete refund was issued back to your card. They confirmed that it was refunded. Normal procedure in situations such as these (where the process takes longer than usual) is to speak directly with the guest’s bank and confirm the refund/release of the hold. But in order to do so we do need the guest to initiate the process as we do not have access to their personal information. Again I completely understand how tiring the process could be but it is usually resolved in no time once we speak to your bank. This doesn’t happen often but when it does willing to go the extra mile to ensure it is resolved. Ultimately our goal is to ensure that any and all unused incidentals are returned to guest upon check out. I have personally reached out to you and left 2 voicemails in an effort to achieve the fastest and easiest solution for you but have not yet had a response. At your convenience feel free to contact me directly at 203-846-0203.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Everything at Zero Degrees has a Euro-modern stylishness, yet they also manage to be nearly as gracious as an old-fashioned inn. A great deal of thought went into the hotel's design, and quality is present throughout.
This operation stands out in a few ways:
- Remarkably courteous, accommodating and genuinely cheerful staff. Sebastian at registration was excellent, and I can said that I never saw any employee at Zero Degrees just going through the motions. The results show.
- The management appears to be thoughtful, and seems adamant about not following the nickel-and-diming mode of some chains. Parking - free. Wi-fi - free. Shuttle van - free.
- Quality is being maintained. The rooms are immaculate, and so are the public areas, the elevators and the hallways. This is no longer a small matter; many chains - including some of the major names - have cut Housekeeping staff in recent years. (That means dinged and scratched elevator walls, and hallway carpets flecked with little scraps of paper or debris that nobody cleans). Not at Zero Degrees ... everything here was spotless, and this was a visit in the midst of a snowy weekend when people track in sand, salt and slush. The Housekeeping staff kept kept the lobby, breakfast room and third-floor hallway spotless. As for breakfast, it was several notches above the common hotel buffet - the selection isn't wide, but everything offered is first-rate and presented with elegance.
What could be improved? There's little to complain about, so there's little to change. The sales and operations staffs might communicate more closely - a holiday promotion gave departing guests late checkout, and on the same day a large wedding party was checking in. A hectic time. (And that night, the hotel was sold out ... but the breakfast buffet the next morning appeared to have been sized for a 60 or 75 percent occupancy rate. About 9:45 a.m., more than a dozen people were glancing around at empty trays, and the staff was hurriedly trying to get more provisions).
But mostly, this is a flawless operation. The challenge for management will be to maintain these standards - the facility is glimmering and fresh, and keeping it that way will take a commitment. There's little that needs changing at Zero Degrees.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DonInConnecticut
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear DoninConnecticut,

I appreciate you posting such a wonderful review that truly encapsulates everything we strive to achieve here at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk. We place a great deal of emphasis on creating enjoyable experiences for our guests throughout and it is always great to know that it does not go unnoticed. All team members are encouraged to go above and beyond for our guest to create an atmosphere of warmth and hospitality; they all take pride in what they do. My apologies for that snafu during breakfast, our attendants were a bit caught off guard with the sudden rush at 9:45 so it took them a few minutes to replenish the breakfast. Again many thanks for your feedback and we are committed to not only maintaining but improving current standards for achieving excellent guest experiences. Safe travels and we look forward to welcoming you once more in the near future.

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night for biz trip.
Room lovely. Good space, well equipped. Heating is super loud and really don't understand why they built this hotel between a railway line and main road.

Staff very helpful. Didn't fully understand why they took $50 off my card in advance for incidentals, as there was nothing at all in the room to eat or drink.

Gym was well equipped for such a small size and breakfast was pretty good and in a cool environment.

I really liked the lobby area too.
Internet is free and works okay.

I recommend this place for a short stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Copperbottom,

Thank you for taking a moment to post this review regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to know that you found your room to be the perfect balance of form, function and comfort. Not to mention our fitness center and complimentary warm breakfast buffet. My apologies for any confusion with the $50 incidentals that was authorized on your card. This is to cover any charges that a guest may incur at the restaurant, Grab n Go snacks or for on demand movies it is released upon check-out. Again thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you again for another enjoyable stay. Safe travels!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Service was excellent, they went out of their way to be sure we had an enjoyable stay - great rooms for the pricepoint. Sebastian, Christian and Ryan all assisted in getting us to and from the hotel with the hotel shuttle beyond was was expected.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Xavierwilliamson,

I appreciate you posting such a wonderful review about us. I am pleased to know that our staff especially Sebastian, Christian and Ryan who went above and beyond to provide you with exceptional service that left a lasting impression with you. Thank you for choosing Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk and we look forward to seeing you again for another great stay.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I spent a night here while in town for an interview in October 2013 (please excuse the delay in posting this review) and I found the whole experience to be delightful. The hotel and rooms are updated and modern, but very cozy, and have everything you may need. (A nice, updated, clean bathroom is a big deal to me- and they did not disappoint!) The staff was very friendly and helpful. The gym was nice - simple, but had everything I needed and was, again, very clean. The only thing I would suggest (because I have no other suggestions to improve this great hotel, so I'm being picky) is perhaps to have a water cooler and towels available as, and it's been a while now since my visit, but I don't recall there being any. (I could be wrong!) The breakfast buffet and coffee were a great start to my day!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Tippymadison,

Thank you for taking a moment to post this wonderful review about us. As the saying goes better late than never! I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay with us from our modern and clean rooms to our helpful staff and delicious breakfast. Thank you for your suggestion for the gym and yes we now have a water cooler as well as a towel rack in the gym for guest’s convenience. Thank you for spreading the good word about Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk and we hope to welcome you once more in the near future. Safe travels.

Tim Simpson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
EVEN Hotel Norwalk
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk
Hotel Zero Degrees
Hotel Zero Degrees
#3 of 14 in Stamford

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk? Share your experiences!