“Much better experience”

Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Norwalk
“Much better experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I gave hotel zero degrees a one star review in June of last year, however after contacting Tim Simpson, I was invited back for a guaranteed exceptional stay. My second time around at this hotel turned out to be very enjoyable. The staff was very friendly and the room was very clean with the exception of a few things in the bathroom (the shower floor was a bit dirty and there was toothpaste splatter on the wall, but nothing too terrible). The friendliness and comfort I experienced during this stay definitely changed my opinion of this hotel. I will definitely return.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Megans430,

Thank you for posting this review of you recent stay with us. I am especially pleased that your stay was significantly better than your initial stay with us. My apologies for that snafu in the bathroom I have reviewed with my team ensuring that they don’t miss a thing anywhere. I am thrilled to know that you were willing to give us a chance to provide you with a great stay! Safe travels and we look forward to welcoming you once more.

Warmly,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Norwalk isn't a place I'd want to spend a lot of time, but on a recent drive down to NYC it was a perfect place to spend a night! The in-house restaurant is clearly a Norwalk hot spot - super friendly staff, good food, a bit pricey and not the biggest portions for the prices, but still made for a really great night. The hotel is super modern/chic - I enjoyed the art, the design, and especially the cleanliness.

The only almost-problem was that I booked the hotel for 2 adults through hotwire, but when I tried to request a room with 2 beds they tried to charge me an extra $20 because they said the booking was for 1 queen bed (this wasn't actually indicated by Hotwire, but Hotwire says it's hotel's choice and wouldn't do anything about this). But when we got there, we asked the person at the desk for a room with 2 beds and he gave it to us without batting an eye!

Free parking and internet are good too. Breakfast is not great, but it's pretty much standard free breakfast fare, so can't really complain about that.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ch81
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear CH81,
Thank you for taking a moment to post this great review about us. I am thrilled to know that you were pleasantly surprised by the level of service your received from our friendly staff, great modern design, cleanliness and comfort. Especially happy to know that we had the availability to accommodate you with a complimentary upgrade to a Deluxe Double Room. We hope to welcome you on another stop over on your drive down to NYC! Safe travels.

Baltimore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Spent one night here while on business in Norwalk. My first time. I liked it. It not a luxury hotel but for what it is, it is very nice.

Let's talk positives: Good and welcoming staff; a convenient shuttle service to wherever you want to go within 3 miles: large rooms; good large bathroom with OK amenities such as robes and OK towels (not great but good); good room layout; Kerig coffee maker with 4 selections of coffee; nice WIFI availability; attractive lobby; situated on a pretty NE creek; and a sufficient hot breakfast. The team from front desk to shuttle drivers, and housekeeping staff are good.

Now for a few things the management should look at and improve upon: the fitness center is too cramped (sufficient machines but it is too tight-- good light and view though); the bathroom mirrors are weirdly off-center from the sink. I have never seen this before -- if you are at the sink you are not having the mirror directly in front of you -- bizarre; and lastly my entertainment system didn't work.

Net net: if you are in Norwalk it is worth a try. I will go back.

Room Tip: get floor 3 or 4
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear CGCX,

Thank you for your review. My apologies for the in-room entertainment system not working. I believe you mentioned it at check out and our engineer went soon after to rectify the issue. Regarding the gym; with the available floor space we tried to put sufficient equipment for any guest to enjoy a full workout but when there are 2 or more people it can feel close. First I’m hearing of the off center mirror I will be up to inspect them myself and see if we can arrive at a solution for that. Again many thanks for the review and I am pleased to know that overall you enjoyed your stay and would return to us. Safe travels and we look forward to welcoming you once more.

Colebrook, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed in early March to attend a family event. We chose the hotel because of price and convenience of location. We loved the surroundings. Clean, contemporary and comfortable. I always look for more hooks and racks than hotels ever have, so the surprise for me is when there are enough (hook on the back of the bathroom door please).

Big plus: adjustable reading spotlights so you can actually see your reading material and not bother the person next to you. This is in addition to a regular bedside lamp. NICE.

Our king size bed was comfortable. Loved the kuerig - used it to make tea with the teabags I always carry as well as coffee. The breakfast was fine.

Parking was plentiful when we were there. We were just 2 spots away from the elevator. Like the security of using your key card to get to your floor.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear 45th Parallel,

Thank you for taking a moment to post such a great review about your recent stay. We are pleased to have provided you with such an enjoyable stay. It seems we were the perfect balance of convenience, function and comfort. I am glad you were able to make use of all we had to offer and hopefully you will visit us again in the near future. Safe travels.

Woodmere, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

It is plain outside but lovely inside with beautiful lobby, great art books and good service. Our room on the top, 3rd fl., floor to ceiling window, had a wonderful view of the waterfall and stream. It was clean, comfortable and modern. There was plenty of storage and we enjoyed the tv in the bed footboard. The 24 hr. starbucks is great and so was the breakfast. The restaurant was terrific too. We'll be going back fur sure.

Room Tip: studio king for size and views is worth the extra.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Peggyvb,

Thank you for taking a moment to post this excellent review about us. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay in our Studio King suite and I couldn’t agree with you more the views of the waterfall are amazing. It is our pleasure to provide both an exceptional and memorable stay for all our guests and it seems we did just that for you. Be sure to join us in the summer when our Skytop353 roof lounge opens!

NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is a modern, clean hotel. Everyone was very gracious and helpful. We arrived after driving in a snow storm for 6 hours. The restaurant in the hotel was very good and very busy!! We enjoyed a bottle of wine that was 1/2 price and a delicious meal. The beds were comfy, the bathroom clean and free wifi!!! Couldn't ask for anything more!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jojoNH
Dear jojoNH,

Thank you posting such a great review about us. I am glad that we were a welcomed refuge for you after that long drive through the snow; from our friendly staff, comfortable rooms and delicious food at Mediterraneo Restaurant. We are happy to have been all you needed and more. Hopefully we are able to welcome you again in the summer for another great experience, this time without the snow and the 6 hrs car drive! Safe travels and keep well.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Hotel Zero Degrees for a weekend in February 2014. The accommodations are amazing - clean and well appointed rooms. The special touches like reading lamps and iPhone Dock were great. The atmosphere is much more elegant than the price would suggest. The breakfast buffet is a full hot breakfast - bacon and eggs. The gym had everything I needed (water, towels, treadmill). But the best was the staff - every staff member I encountered was extremely friendly and helpful, exceeding expectations. I had a special health-related request, and the staff was more than happy to accommodate my needs. The value at this hotel is amazing - I've paid much more for far less.

Stayed February 2014
Dear KatieO,

I appreciate you posting this wonderful review about us. We aim to provide the best value and service to all our guest in an effort to not only meet but exceed their expectations. I am pleased to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that the staff went above and beyond to accommodate your health request. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you once more!

Tim Simpson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
EVEN Hotel Norwalk
Courtyard Norwalk
#2 of 12 in Norwalk
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk
Norwalk Inn & Conference Center

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk? Share your experiences!