“Everything I was looking for”

Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Norwalk
“Everything I was looking for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing. I was only in Norwalk for a few hours and I wish I had more time to check out the area using hotel zeros free shuttle service. There were plenty of other amenities such as a fitness center and free breakfast. I was more interested in the breakfast and it met and possibly exceeded my expectations. Eggs bacon sausage potatoes. They also have bread and bagels of that's what you're into. It's also cool that they serve Starbucks all day, including the free breakfast. Free wifi and parking. Decent security as well. As a young female I felt completely safe alone. The elevator requires key card swipes for hotel room access. This was a little hard for me though. It took several tries to work. There's a great restaurant on site. There's also a recreational area on the roof with a a bar. I didn't have time to enjoy it because I was crashed on the very comfortable bed. I reserved a room with one Queen and got two. Pretty awesome. Some cool scenery on the side near the train tracks. The train really didn't bother me because the ac was blasting loud enough to drown it out. Some people might not like that but I did. You guys probably can't fix the noise of the ac anyway. Can't stress how comfortable the bed was. Very modern inside and out. I felt like I was paying at lease 150 but it was a little under 100. The bathroom was awesome, the shower was the best that I've ever experienced in a hotel. The keurig in the room was a great little amenity. I thought it would be Starbucks kcups because of the Starbucks downstairs but it wasn't that big of a deal. Every room has a refrigerator which is convenient. They should probably work out room service downstairs though. The tv entertainment could be Improved. I thought personally the picture on cable was a bit fuzzy. Eventually the movie box device in the cabinet went out. It would be cool if you guys could figure out how customers could sign onto netflix and similar services and watch them. I brought a computer and hooked it to the TV but I thought there might be something more advanced. Maybe for the future. Another suggestion suggest have is the outdoor signage. I drove right past the hotel because it's on a lower ground level and not a high building in general. So better and higher signage would help. Overall though great hotel. Staff were always present although I didn't really need anyone's help. I would definitely come back; hopefully a longer stay next time.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Allison P,

I appreciate you posting such a great and detailed review about your recent stay with us. My only disappointment is that you did not stay any longer. I am pleased that we were everything you needed for a comfortable and enjoyable stay while in Norwalk. Your feedback is valued as we are always looking for ways to improve guests’ comfort. I hope you have a great rest of the summer and we hope to welcome you back the next time you are in town.

Tim Simpson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bethel, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Our company used Hotel Zero Degrees to house our team members that were visiting for a two day meeting at our corporate office. The feedback I received from them was extremely positive. They loved the comfort of the rooms and the European feel of the hotel. Dinner at the Mediterraneo Restaurant, located in the hotel, was exceptional! The waiters were top notch and the staff at the hotel were professional and friendly. It was an excellent experience and we will most certainly use them again for our November meeting.

Joanne J.

Dear Joanne J,

Thank you for taking a moment to post this review about us. We are honored to have been chosen to house your team members and pleased that our staff’s effort culminated in an enjoyable and positive stay for them. Thank you for you feedback and we certainly look forward to welcoming you all back again in November. All the best and Happy Summer!

Fairlawn, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed here for 2 days for a corporate meeting in Westport. I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel with such unique decor. The service was excellent and restaurant was absolutely 4-star. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear TriciaA99,

I appreciate you posting this wonderful review about your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed a great experience from our unique décor, comfortable rooms, great service and delicious restaurant. Thank you for spreading the good word about Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk. We hope to welcome you again, safe travels and Happy Summer!

New Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We recently planned a corporate off-site meeting in Norwalk, CT. Choosing the Hotel Zero Degrees in Nowarlk was an excellent choice!

Alyssa, Emily and staff were all cordial, helpful, accommodating and couldn't do enough for us throughout the 4 days of meetings! This is extemely important when managing a corporate meeting. Everything, from sleeping rooms, catering, AV equipment and just plain on-hands assistance with e-files and printing were spot on!

Please consider this venue when planning your next corporate event (within 60 people)!

Room Tip: Since the hotel is situated on the train lines, try to book a room on the opposite side of the track...
Dear RS21256,

Thank you for taking a moment to post such a great review about us. I am pleased that your corporate meeting was a resounding success and that you gave us the opportunity to host you. Our excellent Catering and Banquet team led by Alyssa and Emily go the extra mile to ensure all our clients are well taken care off from start to finish. We hope to welcome you again for another successful meeting. We wish you continued success and a great summer!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here while we were visiting some friends in town. He always does a ton of research online before we go anywhere and seems to find the best places to stay. Our stay at Hotel Zero Degrees did not disappoint! The hotel is so clean and felt brand new. I loved the sleek modern feel to the rooms. The restaurant was AMAZING (try the yellow fin tuna crudo--it is to DIE for), and the staff was so friendly and helpful. The roofdeck bar was really cool, too. Giannmarco (not sure I am spelling his name correctly) at the front desk was really helpful and knowledgeable. We'll definitely be staying here again when we come back to Norwalk!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Jen S,

I appreciate you posting this excellent review about us. Good to know that your boyfriend’s extensive research lead to a fantastic choice in Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk. Our rooms are well designed and comfortable. Mediterraneo restaurant is absolutely delicious and I have to agree the tuna crudo is amazing! I will be sure to share your feedback with Gianmarco. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again before the summer is over! Safe travels.

Minot
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I reserved this hotel on Priceline, and was a little scared when I got it, since the outside is so modern and I am so not. I was delighted when I walked in; the decor and colors, while still clean and modern, were welcoming and not stark. The staff were wonderful; even saved my Brita water bottle for me when I left it in the lobby! Everything was very clean. I really liked the tile shower with it's rain head set far enough up that my tall husband wouldn't have to duck to wash his hair. The breakfast was nicely done, a good selection of hot and cold served at just the right temperature, with a professional looking (and acting) attendant. Great coffee! would stay here again. Good sound control; I wondered whether I was the only person on my floor until I saw people coming out of the room next door!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Qli_travel,

Thank you for posting this wonderful review about us. I am happy to know that you were pleasantly surprised when you walked into our lobby and that your stay was everything you expected. From our conscientious and friendly staff to our chic modern décor and comfortable rooms; especially the showers. We definitely look forward to having you stay with us again for an equally great as well as memorable stay. Happy Summer!

Danbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

On the main drag where all Norwalk hotels are, we decided to stay here over the 4th of July weekend. The staff was the deciding factor, after having spoken to a few of them on the phone trying to decide best place to stay for fireworks. Leann was especially helpful.

Unfortunately, all the hotels are far from the beach where the fireworks were displayed. Almost as far is the Maritime Aquarium/Imax theater and adorable restaurants and outdoor cafes of "SONO," South Norwalk. HOWEVER, the hotel has a free shuttle that will take anywhere you want to go (I think within 7 mile radius, but you should verify that if you are relying on this:). We took full advantage and loved not having to worry about driving.

The room was nicely decorated and had modern amenities. The bathroom in the king suite was large and attractive, nice mirrors and all. Loved that the "Zero" body lotion was cruelty free. SO important to me to not use products that exploit animals!

The fitness center looked small but functional. The rooftop bar was nice (but overpriced as one might expect). The lobby had an eclectic feel to it, while having a soothing atmosphere. I was impressed:)

The couple of things that bothered me were minor- the windows don't open in the rooms and the bed was not as comfortable as I had hoped (the linens were nice though).

Room Tip: I recommend King Studio, with the couch/convertible bed, but that is the only I stayed in. Liked th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear SDS,

I appreciate you posting this great review about us. We place a great deal of emphasis on guest service and I am glad Leighann was especially helpful to you, I will be sure to share this with her. Our convenient shuttle is complimentary to all guest and takes them within a 3 mile radius of the hotel daily from 7AM to 10:30 PM. Our goal has and continues to be to a warm, modern, stylish and comfortable respite for everyone staying with us. I am glad you appreciated it and thank you kindly for your feedback. Should your weekend travels bring you back to Norwalk we look forward to having you again. Happy Summer!

Tim Simpson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
EVEN Hotel Norwalk
Courtyard Norwalk
#2 of 12 in Norwalk
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk
Norwalk Inn & Conference Center

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk? Share your experiences!