“Great hotel”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Norwalk
Monroe, Connecticut
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here for my b day weekend and they were so nice and the room was gorgeous and I love the roof top and being able to have drinks relax and play free pool games with my friends and I love the the hotel shuttle took me and my friends downtown for the night also

• Stayed April 2014
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Jennp8506,

I am pleased to hear that we were able to make your birthday weekend that much more enjoyable. The weather has been fantastic this summer allowing for fun times on our rooftop equipped with outdoor games and drinks. Our complimentary shuttle is a fast and easy way to get around Norwalk especially downtown. Thank you for this wonderful review. It motivates us to keep working to provide the same level of comfort and service to all our guests. Happy Summer!

Tim Simpson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The hotel is beautiful and modern. The prices are great for what you get. Rooms are plush. The restaurant is excellent. Now for the downside. This is the second time I stayed here about a month apart. I booked the same room (classic queen)(a single queen size bed) both times. This time around I get to my room and it was double queen beds or so it looked like two full size beds. I go to the front desk and tell them this is not the room I reserved and he said this was an upgrade from the room I wanted because they were sold out of classic queens.(WHY NOT TELL ME THAT BEFORE I HEAD TO MY ROOM!) I said it looks like the beds were full size and he said they were queen size. I told him I wanted the room I had before (classic queen which includes an awesome chaise lounge) he looked confused like I was making it up, so he looked up my past room from a month ago and said it was the King size bed I had last time. I know for a fact I didn't reserve a king size bed so I looked up my past reservations and both times they were classic queens and I was charged the same exact amount of money both times. The king bed is double the price. So I don't know what to believe. He came off a little rude but to save an argument I took my double beds and enjoyed the rest of the stay.

Room Tip: The classic queen is great because it includes a chaise lounge.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anthony C
Dear AnthonyC,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am thrilled to know you enjoyed everything but disappointed that the Front Desk Agent you spoke with was not as accommodating as you would have liked. This is definitely not becoming of our service standard. The right thing in that situation should have been to go above and beyond to accommodate you in an effort to ensure your comfort as well as meet your expectations. We have addressed this with our entire team as a reminder of the necessity to continually be service oriented. Something which they have been successful at as stated in our many great reviews. Thank you for your genuine feedback. We hope to welcome you back for many more great stays in the future. Enjoy the rest of your Summer.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I had booked the Stamford location since the Norwalk location was full. Knowing that i had booked the Norwalk Aquarium packeage, t they called me the day of our booking and told me that rooms had opened up at the Norwalk location (excellent service!!). I was very happy that they took the initiative to get me closer to the Aquarium. I will definitely stay again.

A few minor issues/tips: parking when coming back to our room in the evening was very difficult (it was a Sat night); you can not see the hotel sign when coming from the north; there is no room service (we ordered pizza delivery from Riko's, delicious!); the neighborhood felt a little sketchy at night. These were all minor issues as far as I'm concerned

Room Tip: We had a room in the back which had a really nice view of the river. I didnt' mind but the back...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank EllieK79
Dear EllieK79,

Thank you for taking a moment to post this review. I am glad to know that the Stamford team was proactive in calling ahead and letting you know of availability in Norwalk making your commute to the Maritime Aquarium that much easier. My apologies if you experienced trouble finding a parking spot , always feel free to ask the front desk for assistance; they are more than happy to help. We are a limited service hotel however, the restaurant does offer a take-a-way menu and the front desk is always happy to make recommendations for good take out in the area. We look forward to welcoming you once more, safe travels and enjoy the rest of the Summer!

Amherst, New Hampshire
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed only one night but will return for a bit more of the luxury experience. The landscaping is the first thing that I noticed when we first drove in - it was simple and understated elegance with grasses in scale with the architecture. It provided a bit of nature in an urban setting. We were greeted politely and our reservation and room keys were handled with professional care. The lobby was clean and decorated tastefully in an urban chic style. Our room (a spacious king) was clean and spacious with many amenities - free wifi, 40 in tv, refrigerator, safe, iron, ironing board. The layout of the room was perfect and made for convenient easy living during our stay. Our room was adjacent to the train tracks, but we did not encounter any problems with train noise. The large modern shower area was clean and beautiful. We also enjoyed a good complimentary breakfast and coffee before checking out.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear NewHampshireC,

Thank you for this wonderful review. I am thrilled to hear that your recent stay with us was truly enjoyable and seamless from start to finish. These is the ideal experience we strive to create for every guest and it is always good to get feedback such as this letting us know that we are doing a great job. We definitely look forward to welcoming you once more, safe travels and Happy Summer!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The Zero Degrees Hotel is immaculate, has a great bar, the #2 rated restaurant in Norwalk, an excellent roof top recreation area with pin-pong table, pol table, small putting green, and an oversized chess set, nice comfortable seating. The rooms are large with comfortable beds and nice bathroom with an awesome shower. Great housekeeping too. Best priced on Friday-Sunday. Only some 40 miles from NYC.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Demendieta,

Thank you for taking a moment to post this excellent review. I am pleased to know that we not only met but exceeded your expectations from our modern hotel with great amenities such as the 353 Skytop lounge to our New York Times rated and award winning restaurant Mediterraneo. We pride ourselves on providing a great experience and value for all our guests. You are correct we are just about 40 miles from NYC and our complimentary shuttle is happy to take you to and from the South Norwalk Train station. Again thank you for sharing your stay with us and enjoy the rest of the Summer!

Boston MA
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hotel is not much to look at on the outside but has ample parking (including an underground garage), nice lobby (with lemonade) and a good restaurant. The room was large, modern and clean; it even had a small refrigerator. We had drinks at hotel bar. Staff was friendly, drinks were good and not expensive. Hotel has a great rooftop area with a large chess set, putting green, pool table and ping pong. Lots of places to sit ad relax. We were told there is usually a bartender up there but there was a small private party when we were there so no bartender BUT we could bring drinks from restaurant and still enjoy the roof as it is plenty big enough for a lot of people.

Breakfast was really good with lots of choices: eggs, bacon and sausage, toast, bagels, fruit, yogurt, cereals and muffins. Not your typical continental fare.

Hotel has a free shuttle - we didn't use it but it's a nice feature. We were on street side and didn't hear the train but we did see it go by from the lobby and it wasn't that loud. The view from that side of hotel is beautiful.

We stayed here while visiting my son who live in the area. I would recommend it for anyone staying in the Norwalk/Stamford area. GREAT HOTEL.

Room Tip: Nice view on train side but some people say it is loud. Street side view is just that... but was qui...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear PalapadeBordeaux,

I appreciate you posting such a wonderful review. I am thrilled to know that we made the trip to see your son that much more enjoyable. Our complimentary beverage station in the lobby offers fruit infused water, lemonade and specialty iced teas perfect for these summer days. I am glad you were able to make use of the Skytop lounge and all the outdoor games, a true gem when the weather is nice out. Thank you for the recommendation and for spreading the good word about Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk it means a lot to our team. We look forward to welcoming you again for another equally great stay. Enjoy the rest of the Summer!

Connecticut
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is a surprising addition to an area which doesn't look like it could host a hotel easily. The rooms are very modern, comfortable and clean. Though it is on the train tracks, it also faces a small river and our room overlooked the small waterfall which was quite lovely. This is a spur line for Metro North and the trains do not run more than every half hour or so and none I think after 1am so it really wasn't bothersome at all. Windows are very well insulated so the noise isn't disturbing. My husband and I stayed back in February for a quick weekend night away and had dinner at the restaurant which is in the hotel which was also very nice. We will return and recommend both this one and the one in Stamford to family and friends.

Room Tip: ask for one close to the waterfall :)
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mgray733,

Thank you for taking a moment to post this great review about us. Our modern exterior gives way to a stylish, chic and comfortable interior which is a welcomed and pleasant surprise. Those rooms overlooking the waterfall are definitely a plus transporting you to an almost serene oasis; it’s easy to forget that you are in Norwalk. I am pleased to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and we definitely hope to have you stay with us again in the near future. Happy Summer!

Tim Simpson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
EVEN Hotel Norwalk
Hotel Zero Degrees
Hotel Zero Degrees
#4 of 14 in Stamford
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk? Share your experiences!