“Nice place in a nice location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Courtyard Norwalk

Courtyard Norwalk
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Norwalk
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Nice place in a nice location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I like the service and place is nice and clean. I am a business executive stay 4 nights a week and I stayed more than 100 nights in this year. I wish they provide the breakfast as complimentary or dinner as complimentary just like residence inn marriott or hilton next door.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Srikanth K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Surbiton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed just one night here before returning home and although chosen just for proximity to friends nearby, we found the hotel was perfect for us. Robert, at check in, sorted us out quickly, seeing how we were at the end of a long journey. The rooms were beautifully clean and comfortable with a great shower. Recent refurb to lobby looks good and even the modest Bistro was done well, again with really friendly staff. I think the swimming pool needs some attention though ... On check-out, Robert was again keen to make sure everything had been fine for us.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rad_10
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I had no complaints everything was clean and comfortable. Elizabeth at the front desk was awesome, she had a contagious smile and was beyond helpful. I guess the pool could have been bigger but for the rate it was fair the overall pool area was beautiful.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank jennygait
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Knowing this hotel is slightly older, I was a little concerned. All that was wiped away once we entered the lobby. Recently renovated, the hotel is clean and contemporary without being cold. Robert, the Guest Service Representative who checked us is was, by far, the best Marriott employee I have ever come across. That's saying a lot as I almost exclusively use Marriott for business travel. His professionalism and sincere care for the client is obvious. I have never felt so valued as a Rewards member at any Marriott as I did during our stay.

The lobby also has a cafe that serves drinks and snacks at night and breakfast in the morning. I always find Marriott food to be acceptable but rarely anything above that. And while this was not a fine dining restaurant, it was a pleasant surprise. The food was fresh and well prepared. It did not taste like it just came out of a microwave. The drink selection was more than acceptable. Again, this isn't the place I'd take a date but to grab a beer or glass of wine or have some quick breakfast before leaving, it was more than acceptable.

The room is a bit older but was updated nicely. Our King unit had a balcony overlooking the courtyard. Everything was clean and well sorted. Room Keeping was very thoughtful in their care.

I would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone and again, I can't speak highly enough about Robert and his client care. He's a testimony to proper employee selection and training.

Room Tip: ask for a courtyard facing room to avoid some of the traffic noise from the main road.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wallabyguy
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I stayed here for business for a few days and it was a nice place to stay. The room I had wasn't new but it was nice. The bed was comfy and everything was clean. The staff is very friendly and the business center, lobby, and grill are nice a new.

I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jbx2usa
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed here in August and felt the room was clean, bedding was comfortable and rooms well-appointed for a hotel in this price range. My kids thought the restaurant in the lobby looked fancy, but it was a standard counter service with orders delivered to your table. That said, the people working the restaurant were very friendly and the food was much better than anticipated. (French toast with fresh strawberries was very good.) The front desk staff was very helpful and offered us two liters of water when we checked in. Additionally, when I asked for late checkout as my wife was feeling under the weather, they went to the kitchen to get me some crackers and plain toast to bring to her - gratis. The indoor pool was small, but the skylights and atrium helped it feel less confining. The pool room was stocked with enough chairs with fresh towels laid out on them for those in the room, but there weren't many in the pool at the time, and I'd imagine more chairs might be needed when the pool is busier. Location right off the Merritt and Rt. 7 is central for CT travels.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the interior green and surprisingly charming courtyard - much better than faci...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ebbhead
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed two nights for a family reunion. Very good value for location. Nice rooms and excellent staff - not just front desk but housekeeping, maintenance too. Made us feel like we were important to them. Stayed at this location before and will stay again.

• Stayed August 2013