“Quiet & well maintained”
Review of Courtyard Norwalk

Courtyard Norwalk
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Norwalk
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here for four nights while in Norwalk on business. Hotel is very quiet, with updated lobby and restaurant (which I did not use) &, although showing some age, is well maintained. Good location to our offices and nearby restaurants. For those that workout, like me, the hotel has an agreement with the nearby LA Fitness which allows you to use their facilities (which are very nice). I'll stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RedSooner
Robert R, Guest Services Lead at Courtyard Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay at our hotel. Our associates work extremely hard to make sure each guest feels at home. I appreciate how you enjoyed our newly renovated lobby space and having access to LA Fitness nearby. Staying healthy is important when traveling. I must agree that our location is the perfect destination for your travel needs, and glad to hear our location was conveniently located to your office. We appreciate you as our guest and look forward to having you back as our guest soon.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Norwalk

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this location for our annual family reunion. Many of in our family patronize the Marriott chain for business travel.

When staying, check all the discount options such as AAA, AARP or call Marriott Reservations. You can find the best price that way.

PRO'S

- Convenient location
- Reasonable price when you search discounts
- Clean
- Very friendly, helpful staff

CON 'S
- All the Bistro's are over priced. Recommend a Residence Inn where breakfast, while not as fancy, is free

Bottom line: Yes, stay here.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank LCFHBG
jairo_ramirez, Manager at Courtyard Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction.
You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to invite you back next time you’re visiting Norwalk. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Hotel Management.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

On return trip from Connecticut, on Interstate 91, stayed overnite at the Courtyard by Marriott, located at 474 Main Avenue, Norwalk, CT. Our initial problem was just to find the place. We followed directions in an AAA Tour Book and exited at Exit 15, which put us in downtown Norwalk. There were no signs for the hotel; nor were any directions given on the Internet site - just the address, as above. We placed several calls to the general number for Marriott (received incorrect directions) and to the local number (received incorrect directions) After an hour, we finally found the property, courtesy of directions from a road crew working in the area. The room was what one would expect from a hotel/motel: clean, furnished in generis style. In the morning, we - as strangers in the area - elected to get a quick breakfast in the “bistro” (their term” in the lobby. Two muffins, two orange juices, and one coffee @ $14.00+ and the muffins were tasteless. The charge for an overnite was $239.00, PLUS $36.00 Connecticut occupancy tax. While the staff was polite and helpful, the location; the difficulty simply finding it, and the charge made the property DEFINITELY NOT WORTH THE MONEY. I would not return, nor would I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TysonElliott
Nicole R, General Manager at Courtyard Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your hotel stay. I very much appreciate the positive sentiments you shared about our Staff, and I will be sure the pass them along! I am, however, sincerely apologetic for the difficulties you experienced trying to find our hotel. I can only imagine how an hour long trek to find our hotel would negatively impacted your experience! Since we are located less than 5 minutes off the highway, this is not a complaint we generally receive. However, I promise to review all direction sources (online, reservations, hotel, etc.) to ensure our directions are correct and precise, so we can hopefully prevent what you had to go through. You also mentioned your rate being more than you expected. While our hotel welcomes Leisure Travelers during the weekend at very attractive rates, our hotel caters to the Business Traveler during the week, which is when you stayed at our hotel (Wednesday night). I’m sure this mid-week rate seemed high when you booked your reservation, but I thought you might appreciate knowing the rationale behind our rate structure. Again, please accept my sincere apologies for a stay at our hotel that did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

It is 2014 and indeed a "new stay" at this Courtyard of Norwalk!

My family and I have literally stayed at this hotel almost EVERY weekend for the past year. I live in Manhattan and last year I was appointed to pastor a church in Norwalk. Not fully prepared to relocate just yet, we have chosen to commute for now.

As long time Marriott members, we selected this hotel as our first choice based on its price and location. We have been and remain ecstatic regarding this selection.

The staff goes out of their way every single time. We are greeted with the warm and friendly Marriott greeting expected upon arrival. They move promptly and efficiently to register us and get us to our room.

The Bistro is operated as a Starbucks chain and the food is really quite good. The wings are excellent, the broccoli and cheddar soup is better than at Panera Bread, and the breakfast is pretty good as well.

Improvements can be made by having a dedicated Bistro staff during the evening hours; and having extra Bistro staff on weekend mornings as breakfast orders tend to take longer during that time. The pool is ok, but they need to put the sauna back in. The weight room is small and I prefer to use the LA Fitness Center down the street right across from Walmart.

I usually reserve our room way out in advance and get an excellent weekend rate. Occupancy is high high during the week with business travelers and the room rate is expensive (however, you can still use your points if there is availability).

None of these areas for improvement is enough for me to downgrade my rating.

As a retired military officer, I have had the opportunity to travel all over this great country and beyond. With the exception of resort level properties, this mid-size hotel ranks among the very best. In fact, I now compare my stay at other hotels by the service I receive at Courtyard of Norwalk. It is my home away from home and I encourage anyone to come and experience this stay for themselves.

Stayed: July 2014
Robert R, Guest Services Lead at Courtyard Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoy their stay, which is what we aim for every day. We always like to create a very inviting atmosphere where our guests can relax and really feel at home. How exciting to hear that you travel extensively and that you recognized our hotel and guest services as the “Gold Standard” for hospitality. We always strive to provide the highest level of guest services to each guest that stay with us, and was very happy to hear that you consider our hotel a “home away for home”. I was also very pleased to hear that our Guest Service Associates make you feel so welcomed and will certainly share your comments with them.

We very much appreciate your feedback about our amenities and service levels throughout the hotel. The wings and broccoli soup are certainly a guest favorite at our Bistro; so glad you enjoyed! Due to changes in the ADA laws, we renovated our whirlpool into an inviting adult lounge area with a large screen TV and Wi-Fi, so that all Guests could enjoy the space. Happy to hear our arrangement with LA Fitness, which are minutes from the hotel meet your wellness needs.

I also wanted to sincerely thank you for all your years of dedicated service with our military, and for being a loyal Marriott member. It is a pleasure to be of service to you and your family, and look forward to having you back as our guest soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We had a football tournament and ended up staying in Connecticut longer than expected so we decided very last minute to find a hotel and what a great choice, price was great, room was very clean, staff was great, they had a great pool and even had some really great stuff in the lobby, a eye video game which was really fun, boarding pass checkin for those flying, they even gave us free toothpaste and toothbrushes (thank goodness) ... We were very very pleased and would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 14 July 2014

After attending a family reunion my family and I stayed here and I was amazed at how friendly the staff was. Elizabeth was especially considerate of our needs to have a connecting room to accommodate my family members and 3 young children. She spoke with the GM (forgot his name!!) of the hotel and they both took our needs seriously and worked together to get us the connecting rooms. Our stay was enjoyable and it was very nice the pool was open late until 11pm. The next morning to my surprise Elizabeth was working and she recommended Orem's diner down the road as we missed the Bistro breakfast. Thank you for making our stay enjoyable!! I highly recommend this hotel. Close to the Aquarium!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are close to the pool entrance. Easy access for children.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

we travel to the area 2-3 times a year and this is our new fav hotel. Everyone here works hard and has excellent customer services. from the front desk, to the engineer, to the GM. everyone made it their own personal goal for us to have the best stay possible.
they succeeded. we will definitely be back!

thanks so much for everything!
Karin B.