“Good hotel for the price”

The Norwalk Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Norwalk
Reviewed 1 January 2010

This is a good deal, with a generous breakfast buffet included, I couldn't beat the price. The lobby and restaurant with their granite floors and fireplace are a step above the rooms. The bed was all white and odor-free, the shower had a new surround, but a little mold on the ceiling, a very dusty vent and dated tile with pink laminate shelve wasn't up to the standard of the rest of the hotel. The heater kept waking me up (I'm a light sleeper) and the walls are thin. The only smell is freshner used at the back entrance, this is probably a good thing. There are seven excersize machines, free bottled water, one computer with internet, these guys are really trying. The staff is friendly. The deal at the bar is buy a drink and you will receive a specific appetizer of the night (mine was 3 yummy shrimp)- but noone told me about this. I would stay there again for the price and convenience of the central location between Norwalk and Westport.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 31 December 2009

I recently got married in the area and we had most of our guests (more than 100!) stay at the Norwalk Inn. The staff was so accommodating and on top of things. It made our lives so much easier having complete confidence that our guests were in good hands!

The manager, Lisa, was very responsive and on top of details such as putting out a sign letting people know when to get the shuttle, giving gifts to each of our guests, and making the weekend really special.

The hotel provided shuttles to and from the venue for next to no cost (just the tip for the driver) which was the real selling point for us. Nobody had to drive, plus we had a bunch of out of town people would never have found the wedding venue otherwise!

They also kept the bar open late and put out snacks for the "after party." The hotel isn't Ritz-luxurious, but it's cozy and clean and very reasonably priced. We didn't want our guests to have to spend a lot of money, so the Norwalk Inn was just perfect!

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 10 December 2009

A genial front desk and restaurant staff. Our room was comfortable, met our needs and then some; towels were good. Front staff gave us local tips and even found an umbrella for our use. We took the breakfast each day, had our fill, The meal for our function was well received. While I wasn't one of the organisers of our group, which ranged from 20 to 100 through the week, it seemed to me that we were allowed our needs for the function rooms we used without any problems and we were able to enjoy the casual nature we have as a group. The commercial shuttle service we used from LaGuardia knew the location of the hotel by name. I think it is an indie hotel, on a par or above many of the national names in this range of hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009
2  Thank SimonDupree
Reviewed 1 April 2009

What a great place! After searching for a place near Westport, where my husband and I were coming for business, we decided on the Norwalk Inn. We read the reviews posted here and I can tell you that we were not disappointed. From the time we arrived our experience at the Norwalk Inn was excellent. I am writing this as we are getting ready to check out after a four night stay. The staff is not only friendly but will go out of their way to make your stay special. When we first checked in and got to our king bed room on the first floor, we realized that the space was a little tight for us as we were travelling with extra equipment. We had noticed some rooms open across from us, and although they were rooms with two queen beds, the rooms were larger. We requested a change and without hesitation, were switched across the hall. The rooms are impeccably clean, the beds are heavenly and the pillows are great. The bathrooms are a little small but with new fixtures and the towels smell great. The water preassure in the shower was excellent ( for some reason this is a big problem in some hotels that we have stayed in.) The hallways smell awesome.....The outside of the hotel does not do justice to the inside. The property is being upgraded and all the conference rooms and hotel lobby as well as the restaurant are beautiful. I was told that the king rooms upstairs have been upgraded and are larger. The inhouse restaurant " Adams Rib" is great. I don't think there was anything that we tried that we didn't like. The Prime rib is one of the best that I've had and the calamari appetizer was great. The hotel has a full hot/cold breakfast buffet every morning, and if there are not enough people staying at the hotel to warrant a buffet, you get to order from the regular menu whatever you want. They believe in keeping things fresh. There is a happy hour at the bar in the afternoons. It is a family run hotel and they've been here for over 20 years. The owner and his daughter are on hand daily. The cleanliness in the hotel is top notch. One of the afternoons we saw two maintenance guys on ladders cleaning the dust off of the vending machines. Two days into our stay, my husband was not feeling well and we stayed in our room all day. Later in the afternoon, I drove out looking for a restaurant that made homemade chicken soup. I didn't find one so I ended up buying campbells chicken soup at a CVS. As I returned to the hotel I asked if there was a microwave I could use to warm this soup up for my husband and they said they would immediately send one up to our room at no charge for the length of our stay. Lori ( the owners daughter, who runs the restaurant, also offered to have the chef make some chicken soup......now where do you get that? By the time I got back to the room, my husband was feeling better and he just decided to have a bowl of their soup of the day...cream of cauliflower. It was excellent. I would definately recommend this to anyone coming to this area, wether on business ot pleasure, alone or with family. It's a great place. we are looking forward to return soon.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank milhrod
Reviewed 31 March 2009

I stayed at this hotel on March 28-29 just for one night with a friend of mine. It's a very good hotel. The service, room and everything else was great. We had the best time, even though it was just for one night. I wish I could have stayed longer. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who ever comes through Norwalk, Connecticut.

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank eneidaselina
Reviewed 17 February 2009

Norwlk Inn and Confeence Center is the only individually-run property of this nature in the area -- and what a nice place it is !

The management is excellent - attends to needs - and keeps the property in top-notch condition (the marble floors are beautifully cared for and shine !) .

The rooms have excellent beds - and white bed covers. Plus frig, with bottled water - and wireless service.

The dining room has very good food-- with good service. That means that one can stay at the Inn, and dine on-site for both dinner, and breakfast,. This makes for a comfortable, unhurried stay.

Plus: the Norwalk Inn is suitable for -- and is hospitable to-- both younger and older travelers, business people and tourists, and families.

And it is quiet ! and very clean throughout.

The Norwalk Inn is a great destination in this area !

• Stayed: January 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 14 January 2009

Although I live in Norwalk I never needed the services of a local hotel. I recently had some renovations to my home which required me to move out of the house for three (3) days. After reading the reviews on this site and others I decided to stay at the Norwalk Inn. From the time I walked in until the time I left, the staff could not have been any more helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean. The restaurant was reasonably priced and the food was quite good... I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk
#3 of 11 in Norwalk
The Westport Inn
The Westport Inn
#1 of 1 in Westport

Been to The Norwalk Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!