“Beautiful Hotel, Excellent Service”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Norwalk
Reviewed 10 April 2010

This Doubletree has come a long way over the years. The staff is great, and accomodations are just right. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. Workout room and pool are great also. The Saffire restaurant has something for everyone on the menu, and the bar is hip. I travel a lot for business, and this is one of the few hotels where the staff remembers and acknowledges me, which is huge. For the area this hotel is in the price is reasonable. This is one of my favs.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin G
DTNorwalk, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2010

Thank you for being our guest, and we look forward to seeing you on future trips to Norwalk!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk

Reviewed 5 April 2010

My boyfriend and I visited this hotel during a holiday weekend with relatives. We love to come here. It is seconds to th I95 and close by to where we needed to be. The exercise room was modern and well taken care of. The restaurant was clean and staff took good care of us. At check in the desk worker was very polite and professional. We took advantage of their complimentary toiletry items and they were speedy with delivering them to the room. The bed, king sized, was incredibly comfortable! It is like you're on a cloud! This hotel is reasonably priced and offers a AAA discount. Its a great place to stay when visited or having a need to stay somewhere for business travel needs.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank irishfincutie

We appreciate your feebback on the Doubletree and look forward to seeing you again on a future trip to the area. Thank you.

Reviewed 28 March 2010

A very comfortable, competent and quality property located near the border of Darien and Norwalk with easy access to the train stations in Darien, Rowayton and Norwalk along with I-95 and CT-15 (Merritt Parkway). The room was clean and comfortable with a good working area, reasonably fast complimentary wireless internet and quality beds. The water pressure and temperature were very good and the room has great closet space and decent drawer space as well. The guest sitting chair could have been a higher quality choice and the connecting door was a touch on the letting too much noise through. The heating system in the room was very responsive and up to the job. The buffet breakfast included an chef's egg station and a had a broad selection of choices. I would stay there again if in the area on business.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason Koulouras
DTNorwalk, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts

Reviewed 26 March 2010

Our stay was really nice. The hotel staff was accomodating and pleasant. The hotel and hotel room was very clean and nicely kept.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2010

Well I was very disturbed to stay at this hotel because i woke up with bites all over me! I went down to the front desk and informed the rep of this problem, she wasn't much help at all. While speaking with the rep to this rep another woman came down and spoke with the other rep, come to find out she to had the bites all over her body!!! I over an employee say the hotel's third and fourth floors were invested with bed bugs, i also saw a guy from a pest control company speaking with another employee! We were all told that the problem would be fixed, but it won't fix the bites on our bodies!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank lovetotravel88Texas
DTNorwalk, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2010

The Doubletree has a monthly pest control program in place as a preventative measure against such situations. Further, based on this comment, the hotel had an independent pest control company inspect the hotel as of this date. In addition, the Health Department has conducted a special inspection. In both inspections bed bugs were not found. We understand concerns on this issue and welcome any questions. Please contact General Manager Gerardo Guerrero directly should you wish to discuss further.

Reviewed 13 March 2010

We just spent 4 days at the Doubletree in Norwalk, the staff could not have been more helpful. The receptionists were happy to answer any queries, and went out of their way to be helpful, and always cheerful. The free local shuttle service is an excellent idea. Beds very comfortable, good sized rooms, in all a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family

We are delighted to hear of your positive experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the Doubletree Norwalk.

Reviewed 15 February 2010

I was trying to plan a nice weekend for me and my girlfriend for Valentines Day. I didn't have a lot of money to work with but everything came together until Valentines day. I walked into the hotel on Friday and explained that I need a room for Saturday and Sunday was not sleeping here friday. The girl at the front desk checked me in and gave me a key. I don't stay at hotels much so this seems pretty normal. I DID NOT stay friday, did not even enter the room. I stayed Saturday, left and came back to find myself locked out. Embarrased at this point I go to the Front Desk and plead my case. I simply told you checked in friday and payed for two nights. I explained what I told the first person I talked to when I checked in. Again no help. I call a friend who is in the hotel business to help. He tells me to have the front desk check with housekeeping weather the room is clean or not. When I go back I am shooed away again, Unbeilevable, this is hospitality? A manager named Jasmine is now involved and simply tells me sorry I understand, but you signed the reg card there is nothing I can do. She would not hear me out. She would not check with housekeeping, she did not check to see if I used my key. Are times that hard that the Hotel had to steal my money? Had I not been a young black male but a business man in a suit would she have been much more willing to go out of here way to help me? They have my money but I will be sure to put it anywhere again how helpful Jasmine was. Thanks for ruining my Valentines Day, I didn't have enough money to get another room. Beautiful hotel but not very helpful people. Everyone at the front desk had no intention onhelping me.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dmock
DTNorwalk, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We regret the unfortunate misunderstanding with your check-in experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
Hilton Garden Inn Norwalk
Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk? Share your experiences!