“Relax and enjoy!”

The Spa at Norwich Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Went to the The Spa at Norwich in Connecticut overnight with a couple of friends. Truly relaxed and had the best deep tissue massage with Steve! It released all of my stiffness in my muscles and I felt great afterward! Beautiful setting and enjoyed the amenities.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Wow is all I can say about the spa at the Norwich in... Professional and immaculate facility with knowledgeable friendly and professional staff... By far the best spa experience I've ever had... Rooms need a major overhaul... This is my second stay and I may consider staying at Mohegan Sun and using the spa facilities during the day for my next trip...

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Young185
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is a great option if you are in the NY, CT area and need some pampering. We stayed in the main building on the top floor. The rooms need updating but the bed was comfortable and the bathroom enormous. We came through an Amazon Local promotion that included a $100 credit for food and a $100 credit for the spa which made it an affordable option compared with other Spas in the area. The spa had tons of options and the staff was friendly and knowledgable. There is also a range of fitness classes but I had to pay for them ($18.00 plus tax and tip which was a little weird). They should have an option for unlimited classes.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014

short and simple - GO
fantastic day of pampering - - my daughters and I enjoyed everything about the Norwich Spa - so very relaxing - the massages and body wraps were excellent - the relaxation areas were very soothing - the food was very good as well as the service

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vsolo
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My sister and I recently stayed overnight on the country getaway package. Included was the room, a 3 course dinner, and breakfast at the restaurant. The room was on the 2nd floor of a 75 year old historic inn. The room could have used some updating and more lighting but was pleasant enough. The bathroom was spacious, well lit, with little amenities like shampoo, etc. The towels were the best! Large, fluffy, and very soft. Terry bathrobes were provided as well. The food was very good in both the Ascot pub (where we ate lunch) and Kensington's restaurant (dinner and breakfast). Dinner was served on the outside terrace which was a bit too warm, sunny, and buggy for our liking. We would have preferred a choice of indoor dining. Dinner was served at a slow pace which was fine since we had nowhere in particular to be. Tea and scones were served on the terrace mid-afternoon (yummy) and there was a wine tasting pre-dinner which we did not attend. The spa was one of the best and largest I have frequented. There is a great room with a fireplace and outdoor patio where we sat and read before our treatments. The locker room is comfortable and well stocked with amenities. We enjoyed the steam room, sauna, whirlpool, and indoor pool. There is also a candle-lit relaxation room furnished with lounge chairs, pillows, and magazines which overlooks the pool. We both had the signature facial which was very good but not out of the ordinary (I've been to a lot of spas). The spa menu seemed to offer a variety of treatments and services and we would have liked to tried a few others. One of the best parts of the experience was being able to attend breakfast, lunch, and walk the beautiful landscapes grounds all in our spa robes!! All of the staff at the inn and spa were very friendly and accommodating. The inn and spa were not at all crowded which made it a very relaxing, pleasurable getaway. We stayed mid-week but I understand weekends get rather crowded. I plan to return with friends for a girlfriend bonding spa vacation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank shopgirl55
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This is a spa vacation. Even with a check in of 4pm, you can still utilize the facilities: spa, gym, , sauna, jacuzzi, salon, restaurants, etc.
I have stayed in the villas and the inn: both are clean, spacious and comfortable. The bathrooms are nicely stocked: shampoo, lotion, conditioner! And their towels are THE BEST!! The king size beds have a perfect space and feel. But, the sofa bed in the villas are not comfortable.

Staying on a weekend package includes the SUN buffet......hallelujah! The food is tasty but nothing beats the assortment of teas, scones everyday at 3 and wine tasting at 5. I hate that you cannot attend dinner in slippers and robe. Business attire only.

If not staying overnight with a package, it can seem a bit pricey. Be sure to sign up to receive discounts: birthday, professional perks, etc. I have had several spa and salon services and I've never been disappointed. Great for couples or girls weekend. Summer allows for outdoor use and activities but nothing beats a lit fireplace in the villas in fall!

Mohegan Sun right across the road.

Chat up Robert. He'll give your mind a global workout!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank NatashaGR
Reviewed 16 July 2014

One of our most favorite places to visit for a pampering girls day! We went for our birthdays and it was such an amazing treat. Cant wait to go back next year! Staff is all excellent and very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Mohegan Sun
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
#1 of 7 in Old Saybrook
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Uncasville
Comfort Suites- Norwich

Been to The Spa at Norwich Inn? Share your experiences!