“More like a halfway house than a hotel”
Review of Rosemont Suites

Rosemont Suites
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Norwich
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Upon arriving. The door was locked. Had to call the hotel to have them open the door so I could check-in. ( dont know why its locked during the day. Because at night there was four people outside drinking, smoking weed and god knows what else with the door pryed open with a cigarette lighter)The smell walking in was very musty/ damp and smelled of smoke. The front check-in was a dungy boiler room/ basement looking area with a large black tarp and a woman ( she was nice lady) at a folding table and a fax/ copier machine. Looks like its been this was for quite awhile, dirty and messy. I wanted to confirm my room was a non smoking room. I have asthma. She told me that my room was a smoking room and they have only two non smoking rooms and those are for the people that reside there. So I went up in the room. The smell/ stench of smoke was horrendous. Im not a smoker and when I left I had a stench of a smoker all over my clothes and hair. The floor had a huge hole under the rug like the floor was caving in. The furniture and decor was really old. The bathroom was filthy. My husband and I couldn't sleep at all. There were doors being slammed and yelling throughout the night and early morning hours. I wish I never stayed here. But there was no other hotels available. Needless to say. I will never stay here again. I stayed here about 16 years ago and it was nice. I guess management has changed or has laxed on its standards. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank moheganfoxy

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed here over the weekend for a bachelorette party at Mohegan. Figured it was just gonna be a place to rest our heads after a night out, and was trying to avoid paying $200+. Found the Rosemont online, $150 for the night. Knew it wasn't going to be a five star by any means, but it was 100x worse than I expected. Walked in the front door to this tiny hallway, with a woman standing behind a FOLDING TABLE, with reservations handwritten on paper, a credit card machine and a telephone. That was check in. The hallway and stairs leading to the room had dirty outdated carpets, a foul smell in the hallway, and rooms that were probably last renovated in 1972. Upon leaving, we walked downstairs to find a CARDBOARD BOX with a sign posted next to it that said to leave your room key in the "key box" and they will email you a receipt. The entire experience was like nothing I've ever seen in my life! Do yourself a favor... cough up the extra money and stay anywhere else. I would barely even call this a hotel. More like an abandoned old building they're passing off as a hotel. Total and complete joke.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank anita_2121
WHGGuestService, Manager at Rosemont Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Hello Anita_2121 – I’m terribly sorry for your recent experience regarding our check in and check out process. Your stay coincided with a transitional day in which we were moving our front desk from one location to another. The setup in this area was temporary and the updates have already been completed that established a proper front desk area. It looks like we failed to convey that message to our guests during the period of change. Again I’m sincerely sorry for the shabby appearance in our entrance area. I hope that when you’re considering another stay in the area that you’ll give us another opportunity to provide you with a stay in our spacious rooms with affordable pricing.

Alan Miller,

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Spend a few more dollars or go a little farther from Mohegan if you have to. Dirty old building, the room had a smoky musty smell, the hall carpet was noticeably dirty. The shower head leaked and sprayed water out of the top. There is nothing here not even a lobby, you have to walk up to the Courtyard lobby to check in.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank smaltais
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I was quoted a rate of $129 for a room new years eve and got stuck paying $195.00
I would have stayed at a "real" hotel for that. Noisy (no sound proofing between rooms)
No services, made coffee had to use a plastic water cup to drink coffee. Room smelled
a musty odor, rotted cabinet, and nor clean. No door on bathroom!

Room Tip: Don't choose this one!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I was looking for a decent place with a shuttle to Mohegan Sun as I was attending a concert, I checked in at the Marriott as instructed and drove around back the garbage bins outside were overflowing with trash and as soon as I opened the door I was blown away by the odor of something that smelled like cat urine and smoke. Once inside my room I noticed a pair of dirty underwear on the floor and called to be moved as I was felt that room had not been cleaned properly. I headed back to the main office again and was sent back to another room upon opening that door I realized that room had not been cleaned at all again I had to drive back to the office finally I was placed in a room that was cleaned and instead of the king bed we were put in with two queens. All I can say is spend a few more dollars and stay somewhere clean this place is a disgrace I am all for a basic room but this is a gross smelly poor excuse for a hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MaryAnn J
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

I walked in the building and was afraid enter the smoky room turned back around and check out!!! Carpet was wet, ash tray in a smoke free room that smelled like smoke. The staff was great but the company is cheap they are lying to guest about this so call extended stay which it is not. Just a hotel room with a mini fridge and microwave no stove or oven.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank jcamp5818
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We had a horrible experience here this past weekend! The shower curtain had BLACK MOLD all over it! Nasty! The toilet had pee all over it too before we even used it. I posted a picture of the outlet cover by the bed. It was all cracked and the outlet was open! Seriously? Talk about a fire hazard! We checked out this morning and they said our total was 307.05 but an hour later we looked at our credit card statement online, it said that they charged us 3 times. One for $22.00, one for $160.00 and one for $350.00!! I called and they said, "oh we were confused cause at first we thought you were staying one night, then it was really three, and plus the fees....blah blah blah." They said they will remove those charges within 1-3 business days. Good thing we checked or we would have been charged well over $500! Take my advice and STAY ELSEWHERE!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jessjenkayben
WHGGuestService, Manager at Rosemont Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Thank you for sharing your review with us and the Trip Advisor community. We appreciate all reviews as it allows us to better serve our guests. That being said, I’m very sorry you had a poor experience. We strive to provide every single one of our guests with the best service and room quality possible. We have corrected the issues you found during your stay such as the broken outlet cover. We have reviewed proper credit card transaction processes with our associates to ensure an issue like this doesn't happen again. I cannot stress enough that the quality of your stay is very important to us and I’m terribly sorry about your experience. If you would like to discuss your stay with me directly, please feel free to reach out using the number below.

Alan Miller
(860) 886-2600

Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Comfort Suites- Norwich
#2 of 6 in Norwich
Hampton Inn Norwich
Hampton Inn Norwich
#1 of 6 in Norwich

Been to Rosemont Suites? Share your experiences!