“Great hotel and Spa”

The Spa at Norwich Inn
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed in one of the Villas at the Norwich Inn and Spa. The villa was very nice and the spa was beautiful. The staff really couldn't be any nicer or more helpful. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We love the Norwich Inn & Spa. Great place to escape.

Spa services have always been wonderful.
Lunch is always divine.

Great Place to spend time with girlfriends!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

My friend and I were long overdue for a girl's weekend away and this is certainly the place to do that. Women ( and a few brave men) of all ages walk around beautiful grounds dressed in warm white robes. We loved sitting outside having tea a scones and later wine while sitting in comfy chairs before getting massages. A few things they didn't tell us which we wished they had; about the spa , whether or not you plan to swim, bring a bathing suit. You'll need one for the hot tub and sauna. Bring flip flops, that's what you'll wear most of the time. Book your treatments way in advance, they fill up quickly and you may not get what you want. If you think you'd like to see a show at Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun ( both are just a few minutes a way by car) make sure you do that in advance, those shows book quickly and there isn't much in the way of entertainment at night at the Inn. Bring a book and a good friend and you'll have a great weekend

1  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My friend and I spent a nice day at the spa. We called and got reservations on the requested day without issue. We were able to book the services we wanted. Due to distance and weather, we skipped the morning walk and headed early to the gym. We had the place to ourselves. Equipment was satisfactory and we worked out for an hour. With time to fill we enjoyed a cup of coffee, the jacuzzi, steam and showers all in clean and excellent condition. Our water aerobics class was great! A different class for especially one of us gym rats.
The Swedish massage and masseuse were both great. We give both an A. I have had several massages, this is one of the best I have had.
Lunch was deliciuos, healthy but filling
Our last event was a pedicure, so nice to hear chit chat in English.
Overall, my friend and I had a great day and are looking forward to revisiting in the near future.
As for the negative reviews recently noted, pricing at the spa I found reasonable, much less than Las Vegas, Aruba or Cancun. For a local place,this is definitely a nice place to day visit. I cannot speak to overnights.
As far as waiting in the pool area, really not an issue. Enjoy meditating and relaxing is an idea.
Overall a very pleasant spa day with a good friend.

1  Thank ges757
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Its a spa for the want to try the life style of the rich and famous for a weekend. Nice setting next to a municipal golf course. The food was average. Nicely presented. Mildly flavored. Nothing stood out as a must have next time. Packets of oatmeal to mix with hot water came in handy an hour after dinner. For the price I thought I should be full after eating.

Spa classes and facilities were clean and leaders were encouraging. I think they get the massage titles and instructions from advertising. They should have paid the money and at least gotten the rest of the instructions. The title was interesting though.

Its a place to say you have been but I'll wager they are very, very slim on repeat business if they get any at all.