“Not Safe for Nut Allergies”
Review of Bella Fiore

Bella Fiore
Ranked #8 of 115 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Woburn, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not Safe for Nut Allergies”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I just called and the person who answered the phone said they "use everything with nuts" and the oil is peanut oil. " I wouldn't risk it" he said. This is 1) the fastest negative response I have had from a highly rated restaurant on thus site and 2) highly unusual for an Italian Restaurant to use expensive peanut oil as opposed to traditional olive oil. Disappointing!

• Visited August 2014

Stafford Springs, Connecticut
“Fabulous find!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We were so thrilled to happen upon this gem of a restaurant before a concert at Mohegan Sun! After being seated we were given the most delicious bruschetta I have ever had, compliments of the chef! The bread served was delicious! The salad our neighboring table had did not look appealing so we moved right to the main course. The risotto was excellent - just the right touches of onion. The veal scallopini was the best my husband has ever tasted. We had to get dessert after enjoying the rest of the fabulous meal. The tiramisu was delicious and my husband loved the flan! We are so excited to have found a restaurant with such delicious food and attentive staff as well! We will definitely be back!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank BM8-11-1979
NH
“The food surprised me - Staff was accommodating”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

if you find this helpful please click helpful below.

I looked up where to eat and this came up high on the list. Driving to it I was like (HUH) although honestly Norwich is not that pretty. (Sorry those from Norwich).

When you get there it seems dark and average. When you get inside its split into a restaurant / bar (cafe). Neat concept for the more casual diner.

I ended up eating at the bar with a customer, and the local patrons were having a great time. There were excellent happy hour drinks as well. This side looks like a banquet hall also. The set up is different. The bar was huge. The bartender was great and aimed to please. You can eat from the restaurants menu also which both I and my client did. We were both extremely happy with the food, it was honestly excellent. I had a surf and turf that was to perfection, he had a filet cooked to precision.

The place is slightly cheesy or dated whichever suits you but look past it because they have some great line cooks or chef back there who will dazzle you senses.

Definately a do over. By the way, its 2 minutes from Mohegan Sun so save some money and eat here before you go.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank snmurphy07
Madison, Connecticut
“Excellent on all counts”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Wife and friend had a great meal here night of June 26, 2014. Food and service outstanding. So good they now want to bring husbands along for a great repast.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank monocle
Moosup, Connecticut
“Our rehearsal dinner”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We hosted a group of 20 adults and 2 toddlers for our rehearsal dinner. The staff was friendly and attentive to our needs. All guests were very complimentary about the experience. The food was delicious and reasonably priced.

Visited June 2014