“Exceptional customer service!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wolcott, Connecticut, United States
“Exceptional customer service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

I stayed at the HI Norwich for 2 nights with my teenage daughters. I have to say the customer service was exceptional from the call to add a night, all the way through checkout. Every single employee I cam across was friendly, courteous and wanting to make sure I was satisfied. I will tell everyone I know to stay here just for the customer service!

Green Features: cookies and fruit at check-in, great little indoor pool (kept at 84 degrees year round)
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Brian D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Thank you for the great feedback. I will definitely share them with my team members. On your next visit you should try Scorzz Sports Bar & Grill, the food is great, and we just rolled out a new menu, 13 TV’s, pool tables, dart boards and shuffle board. We look forward to your return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Overall everything went smooth during my stay. The Sports Bar was great and the room was comfortable & clean. My ONLY complaint was that the toiletries were TINY! I would have needed 10 of those!! Thankfully Walmart is conveniently located!! I would stay again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your comments. When you come back please let my team member know while making your reservation and I will make sure that we provide you with larger toiletries. Scorzz Sports Bar offers karaoke on Friday and beginning in September we begin Acoustic night on Saturday.
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Reading some reviews I was hesitant but gave it a go. Was going to concert at Mohegan sun. Well I must say was very happy with room and grounds. The staff was very helpful and the shuttle to arena was only 10 mins. We decided to stay at casino and taxi back was only 14 dollars. The only smell in hotel was fresh paint in hallways not a problem. Funny thing if I had a complaint is that air conditioner in room was to cold so not really a problem a plus. We arrived and room was ready clean . Way to go holiday inn made our time there pleasant . Thank you

Room Tip: Book early sells out quickly if concerts are on at arena
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Brian D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for your comments. My team members always strive to go the extra mile. We look forward to your return visit.
Connecticut, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Holiday Inn in Norwich is a fairly decent Holiday Inn (probably even one of the better ones I've ever been in). The hotel is clean and has all of the amenities (indoor pool, small gym, free wifi, coffee in the lobby, small bar, and small restaurant). But it has all of these things at a basic level- nothing really great about any of these things. My room, although quite spacious, is also fairly basic. Nothing about the room will *wow* you, but I can see that having a mini fridge, microwave, and small coffee maker could be really useful to families or business travelers. The bathroom (unlike the room) is rather small, but the hotel provides a few Bath & Body Works products, which is a nice touch. The rate I paid for this room on a Saturday night was high, and I wouldn't consider it a great value- but because of an event in Mystic over the weekend and the spectacular weather, there were very few options left. I've also stayed at Mohegan and in the Tower at Foxwoods in the past, and if you can get a room at one of those places for a comparable rate, I'd stay there. Both hotels have more of a *wow* factor (especially if the visit is a romantic or special trip). This Holiday Inn also offers a complimentary shuttle back and forth to Mohegan Sun, which I can imagine is extremely convenient. I was a little worried about noise at the hotel given the likelihood of the "casino crowd", but I found the hotel and my room to be very quiet (and the hotel seemed to be almost at full capacity). All in all, I have no complaints and given the unremarkable-ness of everything- this probably won't be a memorable stay- and that's OK. Sometimes all you need is a basic, clean, quiet place to sleep.

Room Tip: Hotel seems fairly balanced- I think all the rooms are probably very comparable.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your comments I will share them with my team members
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Checked in after a long trip. Room was clean but had a tough time getting over the musty smell in the room. Location is easy off easy on for the highway. Just your typical Holiday Inn, nothing out of the ordinary.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Brian D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
We thank you for your comments. Could you call the property and inform us what room you were in so we can take care of the issue? Thanks again.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

That is all the hotel has the room looked nice but dated smelt musty the bathroom smelled like urine the room didn't fell like it was cleaned well in a while my wife and I slept with our clothing on on top of the top sheet
The only good thing to say is they have a shuttle to the casino
Over priced for the place

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Brian D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
I am sorry the property did not meet your expectations, we just completed our remodel all our product is brand new. If you are ever in the area please reach out to us. We would love the chance to exceed your expectations.

Travellers are raving about these Norwich hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

5 stars to the lady at the front desk on July 17, 2014 ... wish I could remember her name. She was awesome. The hotel itself is pretty average. I see other reviewers are all over the place from wonderful to terrible. Honestly, it's neither ... pretty basic. We got a good rate for our one night stay. The room was fine and we slept well ... no noise that night. We were on the top floor. As someone else pointed out, Walmart is just around the corner.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Brian D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for your comments. I will share them with Crystal the guest service agent. We hope to see you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun
Courtyard Norwich
Courtyard Norwich
#4 of 6 in Norwich
Fairfield Inn & Suites Uncasville

Been to Holiday Inn Norwich? Share your experiences!