“Ok, but better lanes else where”
Review of Norwich Bowling

Ranked #10 of 18 things to do in Norwich
Oakdale, Connecticut, United States
204 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 195 helpful votes
“Ok, but better lanes else where”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I have been 4 or 5 time over the past few years with the kids. I have also been to other lanes as well.
I have been invited to birthday parties and just a family game time (also at other lanes)

Norwich is much closer to us, which is why we come here.

Every time I have been here there has been some type of problem. Not so friendly staff, problems with the lanes, broken arcade games, lousy food, and more.
I understand why the business caters to leagues, but I dont understand why the abuse walk-ins. If it is obvious we are not regular visitors, why do they get annoyed when a question is asked, or need to try shoes to find the right fit?

To make this review simple, if your in town, it is an ok place to stop in for a game or two if you can deal with problems and just want to keep the kids happy. If you expect something more, try a different place.

Visited March 2014

Jewett City
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Do not GO!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have been here plenty of times and finally realized I would rather spend the gas money and drive to Groton (AMAZING customer service) then ever go back to Norwich Bowling again. Their staff is rude and the way they run their facility is not guest friendly. My first bad experience the DJ gave me a really hard time after simply requesting a song. The rudest DJ I had ever had contact with in my life. After writing a formal complaint, of course got no response. Then we went back with my family and decided to give it another shot and were even thinking about doing our child's birthday party there, until we were in the middle of playing a game had 1 turn left and they shut off our lane for the leagues. No warning, nothing, I thought that was terribly rude and I will never go back to that establishment again!

Visited February 2014