“Stay here!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Norwich
Connecticut, United States
“Stay here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is a very clean and well run hotel. We recently saw Beyonce at Mohegan and were very pleased to have stayed in such a lovely hotel! The room was very close to the lobby so I thought it would be noisy but it wasn't. The bathroom was spotless. I would highly recommend this hotel when staying in the Mohegan asunder area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Stamford, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stayed this weekend in a one-bedroom suite while traveling with my mother, husband and toddler. My sister, husband and infant stayed in a King room across the hall. Overall, I found our room to be spacious, clean, well-appointed and consistent with what you would expect of a three-star hotel. My only complaint is that there was no one at the counter to check us in when we arrived at 9 p.m. I flagged down the casino shuttle driver and he graciously dialed someone to find the front desk clerk. I overheard him say "she is in the bathroom? again? can someone else get over here?" He then assurred me that the clerk would be out in just a minute, but I waited for fifteen minutes. I gathered that she must have been ill.

Other than waiting to check-in, I found the staff rather accommodating and friendly. We requested more towels and blankets and even though it took half an hour for housekeeping to bring it up, they were very nice and brought everything that we requested. The breakfast choices in the lobby restaurant were sparse and overpriced so we picked up breakfast at the Dunkin' Donuts across the street. We did not use the casino shuttle, but I saw a large bachelorette party get on the bus when I was checking in. (Felt sorry for the bride-to-be that her friends could not splurge for a nicer hotel for the occassion). Although we paid about $300 (incl. taxes) for a one night stay, the higher price for a 3-start hotel is what expected in the Mystic area during peak season, and is a result of supply and demand.

Room Tip: Stay in a two-bedroom suite. It is spacious and most likely does not have as much wear and tear as t...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed here for a recent Mohegan Sun concert. There is a complimentary shuttle to and from the hotel to Mohegan. We had to sign up for drop off/pick up times in advance and the times were a little funky...but the shuttle was very prompt and I appreciated the convenience!

Our room was nothing fancy but it was clean and comfortable. Never noticed much noise filtering in. Between the great room darkening blinds and the comfy bed, comforter, and pillows - I didn't want to get out of bed. :)

Downstairs, the lobby was pretty and seemed like a decent place to hang out. There is a small cafe and a little "store" with food and beverages for purchase. Front desk employees handled the small crowd when we arrived very efficiently and friendly.

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank rebelyell18
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

It is a OK place to stay they need to lower their rate it is a older Marriott and it can do with some improvements like carpet and wallpaper that is not peeling and lines up when placing it on the walls.Updated mini fridges and microwaves.

• Stayed July 2013
Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Very clean, very comfortable and great customer service all around. Front Desk agents were very accommodating at both check in and check out. The location was convenient and just what we needed. We would definitely return to this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Lori D
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

Stayed here with 2 friends for a concert at Mohegan Sun - we decided to book the nearby Marriott hotel as the hotel at the casino was way overpriced for that time. We read reviews about the shuttle bus being provided to bring us to and from the hotel and figured that it was a good option. I have to say, I liked the décor in the lobby, the check-in, the little market and breakfast area has all been nicely decorated in a sort of 'boutique hotel' feel. Very nice. the rooms were a little more dated, and the bathroom was def in need of modernization. The shuttle bus was great, very nice driver, we had a nice chat with other guests on the way over, very friendly. Was less impressed with the sound of trucks bulldozing and backing up outside the window at 6am the next day! That was the only real drawback. Not sure what was going on there. Taxi's are easy to get to and from the hotel to the casino also. Good value overall!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CathyJ715
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Immediately apparent that this is a sadly aging property. Time to take it out to pasture. I knew right away when entering my room that it faced the highway - semi truck noise is extremely noticeable at all hours of the day so ask for a room away from the road if you want a quiet night's sleep. The elevators are slooooow and both of them made disturbing metallic clanking/clunking noises when going up and down. One positive is that I never heard any noise from the hallway - the hotel has the nicer soft close doors and I didn't even hear my neighbor turn the shower on.

I spend close to 200 nights a year in a hotel and this is the first one in 2013 where you CANNOT change the input on the TV. Forget hooking up a laptop and watching Netflix or a PS3 and gaming it up using a HDMI cable. Deal BREAKER for me.

The bathroom lighting is dim and the towels threadbare. Took a long time to get hot water but it was smokin' hot once it got going.

Workout room was a high point - treadmills (there are two) both worked well and have attached individual TVs with cable. There are also weights and a bench plus one crosstrainer.

Checked out early and switched to another local hotel.

Room Tip: Away from the highway
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Norwich hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Comfort Suites- Norwich
Holiday Inn Norwich
Holiday Inn Norwich
#2 of 5 in Norwich
Hilton Garden Inn Preston Casino Area

Been to Courtyard Norwich? Share your experiences!